• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

No way was Kyrie lasting past me. Too bad JayBird is a smart lady.

With most of the "engines" gone, I guess I should tank.

Pick coming within the next hour.

Posted Image

I think all of us past 10 or so were hoping Kyrie would fall. I know I was though I knew it was unlikely.Since its my first year, question: how long is Colin skipped before he's replaced? Just curious.

I think 24 or 48 hrs but AHF would be the one to answer that.

• Admin

I think all of us past 10 or so were hoping Kyrie would fall. I know I was though I knew it was unlikely.Since its my first year, question: how long is Colin skipped before he's replaced? Just curious.

...not until at least after the 14th pick has been made :)

• Like 1

Oh well. No sense in doing something crazy, although I did have a semi-crazy game plan in mind

With the 13th pick in the Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft . . . Northcyde United ( the reigning 2012 - 13 AJC Fantasy Basketball Champions ) select . . .

Carmelo Anthony of the Manhattan Knicks

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CCZkap_mhk

In a league with few offensive superstars, when you have a chance to pick one, you really need to take him. So why not take the guy who led the NBA in scoring last year with a 28.7 ppg average.

Melo led the Knicks to their first 2nd round appearance since 1999, and has given the Knicks at least a glimmer of hope for the near future. Despite questionable shot selection, Melo still shot 45% FG . . . and posted career highs in 3pt % ( 38% ) . . 3 point makes ( 157 ) . . PER ( 24.8 ) . . Offensive rating ( 112 ) . . and led the entire NBA in usage ( 35.6% ).

And when you need someone to make a clutch shot at the end of a game, there's few in the business that is better than Mr. Anthony.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9neM8by1SQ

He's a true engine that simply needs a reliable "car body" and a good "car driver" to get him to that next level as a player. The only time he's really truly had that, was back in 2009, when the Nuggets got to the Western Conference Finals and lost to the Lakers in 6 games.

It is my job as the GM to surround him with the type of players that will help him get to the Finals. And I will do just that.

Mr. Capstone21 . . . you are on the clock. PM has been sent.

Oh well. No sense in doing something crazy, although I did have a semi-crazy game plan in mind

With the 13th pick in the Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft . . . Northcyde United ( the reigning 2012 - 13 AJC Fantasy Basketball Champions ) select . . .

Carmelo Anthony of the Manhattan Knicks

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CCZkap_mhk

In a league with few offensive superstars, when you have a chance to pick one, you really need to take him. So why not take the guy who led the NBA in scoring last year with a 28.7 ppg average.

Melo led the Knicks to their first 2nd round appearance since 1999, and has given the Knicks at least a glimmer of hope for the near future. Despite questionable shot selection, Melo still shot 45% FG . . . and posted career highs in 3pt % ( 38% ) . . 3 point makes ( 157 ) . . PER ( 24.8 ) . . Offensive rating ( 112 ) . . and led the entire NBA in usage ( 35.6% ).

And when you need someone to make a clutch shot at the end of a game, there's few in the business that is better than Mr. Anthony.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9neM8by1SQ

He's a true engine that simply needs a reliable "car body" and a good "car driver" to get him to that next level as a player. The only time he's really truly had that, was back in 2009, when the Nuggets got to the Western Conference Finals and lost to the Lakers in 6 games.

It is my job as the GM to surround him with the type of players that will help him get to the Finals. And I will do just that.

Mr. Capstone21 . . . you are on the clock. PM has been sent.

Nice pick.

JayBird I love the Kyrie pick. Getting a player of his caliber that late is pretty damn good.

Lol this late?? Kylie is a very good PG and I put him 3rd behind Paul and Rose, but this isn't all that late to grab him. He's still got a lot to prove but I agree it was a good pick.

Glad someone else took Melo because it would have been near impossible to pass up that talent, but I don't love his game.

That's how I feel as well. He's almost unstoppable when he's on but unless the rest of your starters don't require handling or shooting the ball much to stay in ryhtym he's a risky pick.

My bad for missing my pick guys, I hate that I took a spot that somebody else could have had and messed everything up. My bad got admitted to the hospital yesterday and isn't in very good shape so I won't be around at least for a few days or maybe longer.

You can give my spot to an alternative and hopefully when things are going better I can co-own the team with them if they'd be down.

Apologies once again for pooping on the dynasty league.

• Admin

With the 14th pick, 'Capstone's Crew' selects

Kevin Love PF / C

This past season was lost due to injury but there is no denying that Love is one of if not the best PF in the league.

His domination at rebounding on the offensive and defensive glass is unparalleled and it only adds to the fact that he is the best transition passer in the game...he rebounds the ball down and it is already up the court. He has a nice post game and is an excellent mid range shooter...even has excellent 3 point range. I also love that he is a very willing passer which makes him someone that teammates enjoy playing with. Love is also a very improved defender ... he won't block shots but he holds his position well and he can guard PF or Centers. Always working on his game in the off season...Along with the points, rebounds, assists...he brings a very strong work ethic and great attitude to this team.

We are very happy to build our franchise around him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E25srrJsq5g

mrNique u have been pm'd and are on the board.

• Like 1

My bad for missing my pick guys, I hate that I took a spot that somebody else could have had and messed everything up. My bad got admitted to the hospital yesterday and isn't in very good shape so I won't be around at least for a few days or maybe longer. You can give my spot to an alternative and hopefully when things are going better I can co-own the team with them if they'd be down. Apologies once again for pooping on the dynasty league.

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that about your dad. I hope he will be ok and no worries family comes first!

With the 14th pick, 'Capstone's Crew' selects

Kevin Love PF / C

This past season was lost due to injury but there is no denying that Love is one of if not the best PF in the league.

His domination at rebounding on the offensive and defensive glass is unparalleled and it only adds to the fact that he is the best transition passer in the game...he rebounds the ball down and it is already up the court. He has a nice post game and is an excellent mid range shooter...even has excellent 3 point range. I also love that he is a very willing passer which makes him someone that teammates enjoy playing with. Love is also a very improved defender ... he won't block shots but he holds his position well and he can guard PF or Centers. Always working on his game in the off season...Along with the points, rebounds, assists...he brings a very strong work ethic and great attitude to this team.

We are very happy to build our franchise around him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E25srrJsq5g

mrNique u have been pm'd and are on the board.

VERY VERY nice pick.

• Admin

Lol this late?? Kylie is a very good PG and I put him 3rd behind Paul and Rose, but this isn't all that late to grab him. He's still got a lot to prove but I agree it was a good pick.

I would have picked him and rose ahead of some of the players already taken but it is all just opinions anyway. He does have a lot to prove .... this could be his season that he reaches star status though

Capstone! Love was indeed my pick. Hopefully I can return the favor next round. I'll have more to say about future picks but I was nervous to get it in with a Colin replacement pending.

Edited by MrNique

My bad for missing my pick guys, I hate that I took a spot that somebody else could have had and messed everything up. My bad got admitted to the hospital yesterday and isn't in very good shape so I won't be around at least for a few days or maybe longer. You can give my spot to an alternative and hopefully when things are going better I can co-own the team with them if they'd be down. Apologies once again for pooping on the dynasty league.

Sorry to hear about your dad- will keep him and your family in my prayers.

I think he's a top five scorer right now. He isn't the best point guard around because he doesn't involve his teammates enough. Overall he's a top ten player in my eyes though.