• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

With the 5th pick of the draft, the Atlanta Ganstaslappas Select: Stephen Curry

Somebody said that CP3 was the best PG in the game. Well, that might be true, but my first pick Curry gives our team the best offensive threat on the board. Of course the thing to like about Curry is the fact that you have to respect his outside shot. He past playoffs showed that he is a wizard. When you look at the golden state team, you will notice that he's not playing along side some nba future hall of famer.. However, his one man show bested the likes of George Karl Denver squad that had very good players. After that series, he gave San Antonio all that they can handle with the likes of Draymond Green and Carl Landry by his side. He knows how to create space for his scoring. He also knows how to get the ball to a player in scoring position.

AtlHawks3 has been PM'd

I like your pick and agree. 2nd best PG in the league. A healthy Curry on a great night is equal ( sometimes better ) to CP3.

If you guys will notice I've added an RSS ticker for the draft this year, just below the regular news ticker up top. It's pulling posts from a fantasy leagues sub-forum where I'm copying the draft choices to.

You can also use the following RSS Feed link in case you have a regular RSS feed reader that you prefer. This is updated every 15 minutes or so, which will keep it mostly up to date.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=rss&type=forums&id=4

Let me know if you have any trouble with this. It may not be the most elegant thing in the world but it should make the process a little more interesting to look at.

Edit - hang on I'm working on this, it's gone a bit haywire

Edit 2 - alright got it working with a new style that looks better and is easier to control

Love it...The squawk is really getting big time, let's hope the Hawks are on track to do the same.

With the 6th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Draft, The Atlanta Attack select.... RUSSELL WESTBROOK

Russell Westbrook is probably the best starting point guard in all of the NBA behind Chris Paul. Westbrook was one of two players last year who averaged 23+ points 7+ assists and 5+ rebounds, the only other player to do that was Lebron James. My team is going to mainly centered around elite all around players, and it is in my firm belief that Westbrook brings all of that to the table.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Good timing as I am in a short break between meetings. I am going to repeat myself here and select:

Dwight Howard.

Unlike some other players who sat through injuries, Howard played hurt last year and even when he was healthy he was horribly mismanaged by his pissant of a coach. As he got healthy, Dwight got stronger last season. He averaged 18 and 13 over the last 3 months of the year.

Getting Howard now is called "buying low." I am counting on Howard being smart enough to head to a new home in Atlanta, Houston, etc. where he will be put in a position to succeed on offense. Either way, Dwight made a huge difference defensively last season for the Lakers - both reducing the FG% of opponents and forcing them into taking low % shots outside the paint (see the thread on the "Dwight Effect" for more info on his impact on D) and we expect the same for our squad.

We are thrilled to get the best big man on the board at age 27, and the U-Niques fully expect a better season in 2013-14 from a healthier Dwight.

Welcome back big fella!

Alex has been PM'd

PG:

SG:

SF:

PF:

C: Dwight Howard /

• Like 2

Good timing as I am in a short break between meetings. I am going to repeat myself here and select:

Dwight Howard.

Unlike some other players who sat through injuries, Howard played hurt last year and even when he was healthy he was horribly mismanaged by his pissant of a coach. As he got healthy, Dwight got stronger last season. He averaged 18 and 13 over the last 3 months of the year.

Getting Howard now is called "buying low." I am counting on Howard being smart enough to head to a new home in Atlanta, Houston, etc. where he will be put in a position to succeed on offense. Either way, Dwight made a huge difference defensively last season for the Lakers - both reducing the FG% of opponents and forcing them into taking low % shots outside the paint (see the thread on the "Dwight Effect" for more info on his impact on D) and we expect the same for our squad.

We are thrilled to get the best big man on the board at age 27, and the U-Niques fully expect a better season in 2013-14 from a healthier Dwight.

Welcome back big fella!

Alex has been PM'd

PG:

SG:

SF:

PF:

C: Dwight Howard /

Solid pick and I agree he is the best on the defensive end. But his offense has suffered while his FT shooting has gotten worse two seasons in a row.

Gasol on the other hand is trending up and with the losses of Gay and Mayo, his usage has gone up as well I think both will end up being the only two centers in the top 15 in win shares and it was a very hard choice between the two.

• Moderators

With a firm belief that the equalizers in the NBA are Centers. We select NBA defensive player of the year Marc Gasol.

Diesel has been PMd

Was really hoping for the possibility that he'd drop to me at 18. It's cool, though I got 10 other guys I'd love to have at 18 & 19.

• Like 1

Was really hoping for the possibility that he'd drop to me at 18. It's cool, though I got 10 other guys I'd love to have at 18 & 19.

Damn you're getting 2 guys there, how greedy do you need to be? The nerve of this guy thinking he should get 10 guys there. Sheesh.

With the 8th overall pick I select........

James Harden who will be a cornerstone of my team this season and will win the scoring title.

Being my first time doing this, starting to realize just how dicey it's gonna get at #15.

Oh yes feeling that anxiety that player ###### will not be there at 15 because he could and will likely be taken at 14! No matter who Cap wants, he's going to take the guy you wanted at 15. That's how it always works out. But you can get him back the next round by taking his guy. That's the best feeling in the draft, especially in the next few rounds when people are looking for 'steals'.

Oh yes feeling that anxiety that player ###### will not be there at 15 because he could and will likely be taken at 14! No matter who Cap wants, he's going to take the guy you wanted at 15. That's how it always works out. But you can get him back the next round by taking his guy. That's the best feeling in the draft, especially in the next few rounds when people are looking for 'steals'.

You have to be able to read minds and take everyone's steals before they get stolen! Posted Image

• Like 1

• Moderators

Damn you're getting 2 guys there, how greedy do you need to be? The nerve of this guy thinking he should get 10 guys there. Sheesh.

I have been considering trading and getting another 2nd rounder... Like I send out a 3 & 8 for a 2 & 12.

I have been considering trading and getting another 2nd rounder... Like I send out a 3 & 8 for a 2 & 12.

Hmmm I think you'll have to ask Vice Chancellor of the Federation AHF if he'll allow trades in the draft this year. But I'm willing to give you an 8th and 12th for your 2nd and 6th :)

#5 Steph Curry

#6 Russell Westbrook

#8 James Harden

In 2011 I snagged Westbrook at pick #15

In 2012 I snagged Harden at pick #17 and Curry at pick #49

This just goes to show how posters value players differently from year to year.

People picking late in Round 1 need not fear. You have to be able to project into the future a little bit though.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1