• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

#5 Steph Curry

#6 Russell Westbrook

#8 James Harden

In 2011 I snagged Westbrook at pick #15

In 2012 I snagged Harden at pick #17 and Curry at pick #54

This just goes to show how posters value players differently from year to year.

People picking late in Round 1 need not fear. You have to be able to project into the future a little bit though.

I think it's more like those players have all gotten a lot better in the past few years. But yes there are definitely going to be some guys who turn out to be steals taken late in the 1st and in the 2nd-3rd round.

Is there a way to speed up the ticker on the bottom, Dolfan?

I've sped it up as much as I can without it being choppy and added the controls to it to go forward, reverse or play/pause. You might have to hit CTRL + F5 or (CTRL + R on Mac) to clear the cache to see it though.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

*COUGH* 3rd....

If It's any consolation, I strongly considered Westbrook. However, the shooting percentages got me to change my vote to Curry. How can you beat a guy that is shooting 45% from three... and he raised his game for the post season... and he doesn't play with an another allstar type player.

It was a good comparison though.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Just a reminder that Colin has until 9:50 PM EST to make his selection, or he may lose his favorite player Posted Image

You sure it's not 7:50 AM EST tomorrow? I saw the last "PM'd" notice at 2:49 PM EST. After all, it would be a shame for him to lose out on ******* on a technicality!

~lw3

You sure it's not 7:50 AM EST tomorrow? I saw the last "PM'd" notice at 2:49 PM EST. After all, it would be a shame for him to lose out on ******* on a technicality! ~lw3

Actually you're right I forgot my time shows CST and not EST.

I think it's more like those players have all gotten a lot better in the past few years. But yes there are definitely going to be some guys who turn out to be steals taken late in the 1st and in the 2nd-3rd round.

Is that not the whole point ? Draft players who are getting better to build your franchise around vs players who have already peaked ?Should you not draft players on what they will do vs what they have done ? Edited by coachx

If It's any consolation, I strongly considered Westbrook. However, the shooting percentages got me to change my vote to Curry. How can you beat a guy that is shooting 45% from three... and he raised his game for the post season... and he doesn't play with an another allstar type player.It was a good comparison though.

You can argue either way........notice arguments for Curry leave out defense and arguments for Westbrook leave out shooting %.I like them both though and both are top 10 players in my book.

Is that not the whole point ? Draft players who are getting better to build your franchise around vs players who have already peaked ?

Yep that is the point, I was just saying I don't think it's an issue of players valuing players differently year to year when you're talking about young kids like this who've only gotten better. I think the value thing would make more sense with certain veterans who have peaked or had years where they've gone up and down rather than continuing to improve.

But no doubt those were very good picks. It's not always easy to identify those young guys who are going to become better and in those cases much better players than they were as rookies.

You can argue either way........notice arguments for Curry leave out defense and arguments for Westbrook leave out shooting %.I like them both though and both are top 10 players in my book.

Shooting % and turnovers as well. I like Westbrook but I would prefer Curry over him.

Is that not the whole point ? Draft players who are getting better to build your franchise around vs players who have already peaked ?Should you not draft players on what they will do vs what they have done ?

Yes it is and I will add, ignoring not just one players improvement/projected improvement but another players injuries and regressions can be costly.

Colin has missed his pick and may choose anytime after now. In the meantime we will skip the 9th pick in the draft and proceed to the 10th pick, where Supreme Chancellor AHF Palpatine is ready to announce the selection.
With the 10th pick, in the 2013 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects:
Derrick 'Pooh' Rose, PG - 6'3" 190lbs
After sitting out the entire 2012-2013 season due to blowing his knee up, requiring extensive surgery, and drawing the ire of many a Bulls fan, Rose is ready to return in 2013-2014 and has reportedly regained his explosiveness that made him the league MVP, and youngest ever to win the award, just a couple of seasons ago. When healthy there is no question that Rose is a top 5 player and we feel that we have gotten a steal here by getting him with the 10th pick. Rose is a dynamic scorer and capable of putting the entire team on his back and is at his best when the pressure is on. It is common knowledge that there is no bigger pressure situation than being the 1st overall selection of The Dolfan Dynasty, but we feel that Derrick is more than capable of handling it.
And in the words of Lady Gaga, Ale-Alejandro, is now on the clock and has been PM'd
  • Like 2