• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Moderators

Forgot abouT the foot screw thing too...he has a real history of injuries

Yeah me too... but that really seems to be the issue for all centers if you think about it... They take so much abuse throughout an NBA season that it's really hard to stay healthy. Yao Ming had to retire after 7 seasons because his body just couldn't keep up anymore. Shelf life of a center much shorter than a guard.

• Moderators

Now we are hitting the real surprises. I am bigger on the Rubio pick personally as I hate seeing a big man who can't grab 7 rebounds per game and carries an injury risk to boot. The guy can score, though. Rubio is kind of the flip side of that coin. He does everything well other than shoot the ball, and is a ton of fun to root for. Even his defense has been more effective to date than anyone was predicting for him. It will be interesting to watch all this play out for sure.

Really after Dwight and Gasol, there really isn't a great center that stays healthy. I considered three other centers before making this pick and all three had injury issues or something else wrong with them...

Really after Dwight and Gasol, there really isn't a great center that stays healthy. I considered three other centers before making this pick and all three had injury issues or something else wrong with them...

I can think of another, but I don't wanna get hand slapped do I won't say!!!

• Moderators

For me it was even more about the lack of rebounding. I could justify the health risk but if the guy isn't even grabbing 7 boards per game when healthy then I have a problem. I'd much rather have 15 and 11 over 17 and 8.

• Like 1

For me it was even more about the lack of rebounding. I could justify the health risk but if the guy isn't even grabbing 7 boards per game when healthy then I have a problem. I'd much rather have 15 and 11 over 17 and 8.

And doesn't play much defense either. But he can score the ball there's no doubt about that.

• Moderators

I can think of another, but I don't wanna get hand slapped do I won't say!!!

If you are talking about a certain playoff center, then I considered him and wasn't sold... Also considered two other non-playoff centers and a past DPOY I wasn't sold either. Lopez is my guy and now I just have to find a great rebounding PF and a scorer that'll be around when I select again around 54th and 55th and a reliable backup center later...

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Someone wake coach up!

My 17 month old is in a daddy faze. She only goes to sleep in my arms.. It's kind of awesome !With the 20th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Franchise Draft I select Damien Lillard.The 23 year old PG has a 6'3'', 195 lb frame and jumps like springs are in his shoes. He is in the mold of a Westbrook - Rose type of PG who can penetrate off the dribble at will and finish over larger players. As a rookie he finished with 19 ppg , 6.5 apg, 1 spg, 43% FG, 37% 3FG, and near 55% TS. Lillard has all the tools to be a force on the defensive end as well. He is one of the most gifted PGs in the game and was rewarded with the 2013 NBA ROY in a landslide vote.The young duo of Anthony Davis and Damien Lillard will grow together for the next decade and form a solid foundation for this franchise's long term future.
  • Like 2

• Moderators

First Round

1. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Lebron James

2. jy23 - Kevin Durant

3. KB21 - Chris Paul

4. Buzzard - Marc Gasol

5. Diesel - Stephen Curry

6. AtlHawk3 - Russell Westbrook

7. AHF - Dwight Howard
8. Alex - James Harden

9. Colin/Macecase - Blake Griffin

10. Dolfan - Derrick Rose

11. alejandro09 - Al Horford

12. JayBirdHawk - Kyrie Irving

13. northcyde - Carmelo Anthony

14. capstone - Kevin Love

15. MrNique - Paul George

16. Lethalweapon3 - LeMarcus Aldridge

17. coachx - Anthony Davis

18. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Ricky Rubio

Second Round

19. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Brook Lopez

20. coachx - Damien Lilliard

21. lw3 ~

22. MrNique -

23. capstone -

24. northcyde -

25. JayBirdHawk

26. alejandro09 -

27. Dolfan -

28. Colin/MaceCase

29. Alex -

30. AHF -

31. AtlHawk3 -

32. Diesel -

33. Buzzard -

34. KB21 -

35. jy23 -

36. Chinky_eyed_hawk -

My 17 month old is in a daddy faze. She only goes to sleep in my arms.. It's kind of awesome !With the 20th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Franchise Draft I select Damien Lillard.The 23 year old PG has a 6'3'', 195 lb frame and jumps like springs are in his shoes. He is in the mold of a Westbrook - Rose type of PG who can penetrate off the dribble at will and finish over larger players. As a rookie he finished with 19 ppg , 6.5 apg, 1 spg, 43% FG, 37% 3FG, and near 55% TS. Lillard has all the tools to be a force on the defensive end as well. He is one of the most gifted PGs in the game and was rewarded with the 2013 NBA ROY in a landslide vote.The young duo of Anthony Davis and Damien Lillard will grow together for the next decade and form a solid foundation for this franchise's long term future.

Great pick! I was going to strongly consider taking him with my next pick and doubling down on PG's. Awesome about your daughter too!

• Like 1

My 17 month old is in a daddy faze. She only goes to sleep in my arms.. It's kind of awesome !.

Aaaw, how sweet!! Ignore anybody who tries to tells you to just put her in her crib cause she has to learn to sleep on her own. It is awesome isn't it?

• Moderators

I considered him but didn't because I was afraid of a sophomore slump. Great pick though.