• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Admin

Colin has missed his pick and may choose anytime after now. In the meantime we will skip the 9th pick in the draft and proceed to the 10th pick, where Supreme Chancellor AHF Palpatine is ready to announce the selection.

With the 10th pick, in the 2013 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects:

Derrick 'Pooh' Rose, PG - 6'3" 190lbs

After sitting out the entire 2012-2013 season due to blowing his knee up, requiring extensive surgery, and drawing the ire of many a Bulls fan, Rose is ready to return in 2013-2014 and has reportedly regained his explosiveness that made him the league MVP, and youngest ever to win the award, just a couple of seasons ago. When healthy there is no question that Rose is a top 5 player and we feel that we have gotten a steal here by getting him with the 10th pick. Rose is a dynamic scorer and capable of putting the entire team on his back and is at his best when the pressure is on. It is common knowledge that there is no bigger pressure situation than being the 1st overall selection of The Dolfan Dynasty, but we feel that Derrick is more than capable of handling it.

And in the words of Lady Gaga, Ale-Alejandro, is now on the clock and has been PM'd

That was ##### who I was hoping would last to me

Bold pick! I'm guessing about half of us drafters (using coachx's formula lol) weren't even thinking about Derrick Rozay in the 1st round. And perhaps we should have!

~lw3

I was only refering to the half who are not in the Fantasy Franchise Draft......of course ; )

Excellent pick by Dolfan.

• Like 2

Bold pick! I'm guessing about half of us drafters (using coachx's formula lol) weren't even thinking about Derrick Rozay in the 1st round. And perhaps we should have! ~lw3

Yes it's a bold pick for sure and it weren't an easy decision lemme tell you! I had someone else in mind who was a coin flip with Rose but decided to take the risk since he's over a year out from the injury. I believe Rose was taken 11th last year, even with his knee injury being recent.

I was only refering to the half who are not in the Fantasy Franchise Draft......of course ; ) Excellent pick by Dolfan.

Thank you sir!

Well continue with the plan. With that being said, I'm selecting a guy who showed this past year that he can be a consistent 20/10 guy for you night in and night out. He's still young and in many people's eyes playing out of position. Once again I select AL HORFORD. I seriously believe that this guy can be a centerpiece for any team.

• Like 2

With the 12th Pick in The Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft the JayBird ‘Fighting’ Hawks select:

Kyrie Irving PG – 6’-3” 191 lbs

Although he missed 23 games this past season. Kyrie averaged 22.5 ppg, 5.9 apg, 3.7 rpg and shot 85% from the free throw line. At 21 years he has a bright future ahead of him and has to be in the discussion for ‘top’ young point guard.

The display he put on during this year’s All-Star game in the rookie/sophomore game is worthy of my team selecting him again. Here’s to hoping for an injury free season.

Northcyde has been PM'd.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I strongly considered taking Irving but decided to take the risk on Rose instead. JayBird definitely has a thing for Irving after taking him 3rd overall last year!

Picking 14th sucks!! I was shocked Irving lasted this long and he couldn't last 2 more picks....there is a steep drop now

There's still a lot of good players out there though. There's 2 other guys whom I really liked still there that I almost took.

Picking 14th sucks!! I was shocked Irving lasted this long and he couldn't last 2 more picks....there is a steep drop now

I don't see a steep drop.

I had Irving in my top 10......as well as 3 other guys who have not been drafted yet.

Excellent value for Jaybird. I definately did not expect him to last until 17.

I bet Dolfan had a tough decision between Rose and Irving back at pick 10. You can't go wrong either way.

Edited by coachx

I strongly considered taking Irving but decided to take the risk on Rose instead. JayBird definitely has a thing for Irving after taking him 3rd overall last year!

There's still a lot of good players out there though. There's 2 other guys whom I really liked still there that I almost took.

I do - he has a nice smile Posted Image

I don't see a steep drop.

I had Irving in my top 10......as well as 3 other guys who have not been drafted yet.

I agree, there is a lot of talent still there who are very comparable to anyone after the top 2 guys.

BTW you really need to change your avatar / photo to this:

Posted Image

• Like 1