• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis "The Menace" Shroeder

• Moderators

I just heard that Schröder had a couple bad workouts with teams and I was deterred. I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a stud. Would love to see in a few seasons that we got our Tony Parker here.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

I like Schröder a lot. He was one of the guys I liked. Nogueira is raw but a good pick for the future. Shocked Franklin went so late, really weird. I'm not sure at this point if the players we picked are going to be our backups for big free agent signings or our main pieces next year. Guess we will find out in 2 weeks. I give our draft a B-

I just heard that Schröder had a couple bad workouts with teams and I was deterred. I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a stud. Would love to see in a few seasons that we got our Tony Parker here.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was after the "promise" that he received from a team in the 1st round at the combine. He was tanking it on purpose after that because he dominated the Nike Hoops Summit and the coaches were raving about his in game and practice play.

• Like 1

The more I'm seeing from Dennis the more I'm liking him

I just watched his highlights from the Nike Hoops Summit and he had 6 assists by the end but if u watch the highlights he woulda ended up with around 12 if his teammates finished some plays

Rondo with a better Jumper. I lik the sound of that

Edited by Bonkers

Rondo was/is an athletic freak. Dennis is nowhere near as athletically gifted as Rondo. Dennis can pass his butt off, which is great. He's quick with the ball ( although not strong with it ). And he can defend ( vs the competition he played against ).

But it's Rondo's freakish athleticism that sets him apart from most PGs. Rondo averaged 6 rebounds in his senior year at Kentucky as a PG. That's almost unheard of. And that athleticism has translated nicely to the NBA for him.

He looks like a natural running PNR. I'm confident Bud and crew will address his weaknesses. He needs to be stronger with his dribble to unlock all options off that quick first step and needs to sure up his jumper off the dribble to truly make people pay for going under his screens. In 3.5-4 years, I expect gaudy assist and steal numbers. With Rondo as a blueprint, his potential is exciting.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

2013 Nike Hoop Summit World Select Team: Practices Three and FourApril 18, 2013

The catalyst for much of that ball movement was German point guard Dennis Schröder, who took over stretches of the action on Wednesday with his ability to get into the lane and make the right play. Possessing terrific speed and quickness, Schröder did an excellent job turning the corner on the pick and roll and exploiting mismatches.

Consistently able to freeze his defender with a hesitation move before exploding past him to the rim, Schröder has been a handful for the other guards in attendance. The constant threat of his dribble drive put considerable pressure on the defense, especially in pick and roll settings, and he capitalized in a variety of ways, be it with a scoop or floater when he was given space in the lane, finding a cutter with a drop pass or creating an easy look for one of his big men with a lob when the defense tried to string him out.Playing pesky, full-court defense, knocking down a number of jump shots, and looking great in the open floor as well, Schröder is leaving a lasting impression with his play here in Portland. With Marcus Smart returning to school and a notable void after the top tier of point guard prospects in the 2013 draft at the moment, Schröder could look to fill that gap with a strong performance in the actual game on Saturday. It will be worth watching a potential matchup with Andrew Harrison, who should present a unique challenge for Schröder with his size.From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2XWgb7hTihttp://www.draftexpress.com

Schröder's work started in the practices, where, as the oldest player on the team, he immediately established himself as the leader of the group. The team's offense was heavily geared towards his strengths, which are very conducive to the setting in which the game was played in.

Featuring terrific ball-handling skills, a lightning quick first step, excellent speed in the open floor, and a penchant for getting teammates involved, Schröder did an outstanding job in both transition and in the half-court, getting to virtually wherever he wanted on the floor. He executed his team's offense effectively, doing a good job of pushing the ball inside when needed, and finding teammates constantly spotting up on the perimeter or cutting to the rim for a layup after blowing past his man.From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2XWh5k1kEhttp://www.draftexpress.com

Well I'm getting more and more intrigued by Der Dennis as the day goes on. They were just talking about him on ESPN Radio. Nice to hear good things about one of our picks on a national show for a change!

I hope the plan is for him to play the summer league. Can't wait!

(if you don't like my opinion - wait an hour or so and I'll likely change it)

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1