• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have extended a Q/O to Teague

ATLscrubLove

i really hope we dont go into extreme tank mode. We could lose 80 games and get the 10th pick

Mathematically impossible unless 6-7 other teams lose 80 or more games as well (another unlikelihood) and the Hawks lose 7 consecutive coin flips (again, how unlucky do you think the Hawks are?).

QOs can be rescinded. He is not bound by the QO.

Seriously, it's all a matter of good business sense. Why give up an asset before exploring all avenues first? Hell, we extended Chill's QO for a dozen years even though we knew that he was unlikely to ever be a Hawk again.
  • Like 1

Mathematically impossible unless 6-7 other teams lose 80 or more games as well (another unlikelihood) and the Hawks lose 7 consecutive coin flips (again, how unlucky do you think the Hawks are?).

You tell him Mace.

If Teague doesn't get a bananas offer there is no reason to not bring him back. Collect as many assets as you can! We'll have two very talented point guards in a league that covets them. Teague could be used to bring in a wing in a trade.

Edited by TheFuzz

• Premium Member

This is a a good move by Ferry. Teague is a asset and thats somthing we need to build this team. We can match any offer he receives on the open market. or let him walk and resign Devin Harris to a cheap two year contract and develop the rookie.

The QO is to make sure we can get something for him. I don't think Teague fits what the offense will be. Plus, his defense is suspect.My guess is Teague is traded. Devin will probably be back as the starter until Schröder is ready. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I don't understand why people don't believe Teague will be our starting PG next season. Barring something like a CP3 signing or a Rondo trade, Teague is our next best option. And who's to say that he won't be a valuable guard off the bench once Schröder is ready to take over the starting role 2-3 years down the line?

I, for one wouldn't mind taking a bad contract off of Boston's hands f we get rondo for virtually nothing of value, especially if we are trying to build a team and can't attract top tier free agents. He's a hot head and can't shoot but he's one of the top PG in the league and a lock down defender at the one.