• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pistons sign Josh Smith - 4 years / 56 million

lethalweapon3

Goodbye Josh. You were my favorite Hawks player and I am sad to see you go. Good luck in Detroit. You will be missed by many, but it was time for both sides to explore new options.

My sentiments exactly. I really like Smoove. I hope he does really well and makes the all-star team. He deserves it. I will enjoy rooting against him when we play Detroit though!
  • Like 2

• Moderators

I sure didn't want an SnT with pretty much anything (that they're willing to give up) on that roster. It would have had to be a 3-way where all DET gives us is picks.

Smoove, Monroe, and Drummond... can that work up front?

~lw3

It sure can, but I don't know if Mo Cheeks is the type of guy to keep him from shooting. Detroit has been wanting to get Monroe to the 4 for a few seasons now and Drummond is showing he can be a starting center. Drummond/Monroe/Smith is a top 5 frontcourt in the league.

And now word is that the Pistons are targeting Rondo in a trade.

WOW. This team might miss the playoffs with a Millsap/Al fC. Millsap is worse than Josh Smith on the boards.

His IQ is higher than Josh's tho and he knows his role and is coachable

And yea per 36 mins Millsap 9.2 rebs and Smith 8.4

Edited by Bonkers

• Moderators

This should be instructional as to what Millsap and Josh level players bring in trade value. Not much under the new CBA.I'd definitely rather pay 9.5 for Millsap if we are trying to win this season.

• Like 1

I guess the rumor of him not wanting to play with Howard anymore is true.

Damn I'm gonna miss him. Hope he does extremely well in Detroit. No hard feelings at all.

Well...not that it matters to us...but this may be the best thing for D12/Smoove's friendship. Now they can text back and forth about their teammates' poor play instead of blaming each other.

• Like 3

You knew once the pond dried up that that would be his destination. Money and years aren't terrible and he'll fit to a tee starting or coming off the bench in a Odom role. Monroe faltered last season and is up for an extension so you can't say that they are married to him. If they are truly looking at Rondo then they now have the insurance in the front court to offer up the house for him or whomever else.

His IQ is higher than Josh's tho and he knows his role and is coachable

And yea per 36 mins Millsap 9.2 rebs and Smith 8.4

There has to be a reason Millsap doesn't play 36MPG though. I know they have Favors, but even in the season that Milsap played 34MPG he wasn't a better rebounder than Josh.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Going to miss hearing Bob say

"And just a terrible shot selection from Josh on that one"

Nique:

"I agree Bob, you have to get the ball to your guards going up court"

• Like 2