• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MEGA Tank Thread - Post ALL New Tanking Discussion Here

Diesel

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

No disrespect, but I believe we owe it to these guys to not burden them with a rebuild that will take longer than their current contracts. Also, we can probably get some good prospects and some future picks for them too.

No disrespect, but I believe we owe it to these guys to not burden them with a rebuild that will take longer than their current contracts. Also, we can probably get some good prospects and some future picks for them too.

You mean like your Al for Diaw/Bonner/Neal swap? Sorry, I just can't let that one go.

Danny chose the anti-tank path the second he signed Sap and K2 - this thread is irrelevant.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

That's just it... *if* is the keyword...

DF has made moves that are inconsistent with tanking, but also inconsistent with competing for 2013-14... I think we just have to wait to see what we end up with over the next week or two, and not jump to conclusions.

Edited by sturt

I agree we should trade Lou, he is no PG and a liability on defense at SG. We need to play as much as possible Schröder and Jenkins and Lou will only take minutes out for them and he will not make us a contenders, he also has 5 M$ of cap space, the best we can do is trade him for draft picks.

About Horford it took us 4 unsuccesful drafts to draft a player like Al, we should rebuild around Horford, Teague, Schröder, Jenkins, Bebe, Muscala and tons of cap space, we are just one star wing player on draft and one good FA away of been contenders, we could rebuild in just 2 years so I say try to develop the young players this year as much as possible, go to the lottery, and keep cap flexibility.

Teague/Schröder

?/Jenkins

Jabari Parker/Korver

Horford/Scott

?/Bebe/Muscala

I agree we should trade Lou, he is no PG and a liability on defense at SG. We need to play as much as possible Schröder and Jenkins and Lou will only take minutes out for them and he will not make us a contenders, he also has 5 M$ of cap space, the best we can do is trade him for draft picks.

About Horford it took us 4 unsuccesful drafts to draft a player like Al, we should rebuild around Horford, Teague, Schröder, Jenkins, Bebe, Muscala and tons of cap space, we are just one star wing player on draft and one good FA away of been contenders, we could rebuild in just 2 years so I say try to develop the young players this year as much as possible, go to the lottery, and keep cap flexibility.

Teague/Schröder

?/Jenkins

Jabari Parker/Korver

Horford/Scott

?/Bebe/Muscala

I don't think Teague is coming back... Also, I think your plan of playing Schröder and Jenkins for 48 minutes a game each is brilliant! And I assume you sent down Millsap to the NBA D-League with that roster which is also brilliant he could develop more there-- maybe you plan on developing him into a SF?

Edited by mattlanta

• Premium Member

That's just it... *if* is the keyword...

DF has made moves that are inconsistent with tanking, but also inconsistent with competing for 2013-14... I think we just have to wait to see what we end up with over the next week or two, and not jump to conclusions.

Exactly. As constructed, this team is nothing. We're not bad enough to be a lottery team and we're not good enough to be a contender. We are the same waste of talent we were last year.

• Premium Member

Can we at least see how this season goes before we start making these threads concerning a complete rebuilding process?

No.

The longer we hold Lou, the less valuable he becomes.

Horf is different. we can hold on to Horf but I guarantee you, Horf is watching closely and he won't be happy if we don't field a competitive team.

No.

The longer we hold Lou, the less valuable he becomes.

Horf is different. we can hold on to Horf but I guarantee you, Horf is watching closely and he won't be happy if we don't field a competitive team.

Exactly what do you base your guaranteed assertion that Horford is watching to see if Ferry is putting together a competitive team? How would he approach Ferry if he was disheartened by what he feels is a team constructed to tank?