• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I believe Carroll will be our new elite defender and starter at the 3

JTB

I was really inspired from reading this part of an article about Demarre Carroll:He has spent time studying film of former San Antonio forward Bruce Bowen, an All-NBA defender eight times over and a three-time NBA champion. Watson describes Carroll as a highly intelligent player who could fill the same role for a championship contender as Matt Barnes does for the Los Angeles Clippers."Hes not a guy that goes out there and tries to score 10 to 15 points a game," Watson says. "Hes a guy whos going out there trying to change the game."Carroll says that his struggle, and the thing that separates him from the best players in the NBA, is that no one aspect of his game is exceptional. He is a moderate shooter, a better-than-average defender and not an especially strong rebounder. "Hard work is a talent," he told the group of kids in Monticello. What goes unsaid is that its a talent that teams usually wont pay big bucks for unless it is accompanied by other, more marketable skills."Its all about guys who do one thing great," he says. "Like Al Jefferson, he scores the ball. Hes gonna get you 20."Carrolls career high is 19 points."My thing," he says, "is all opportunity."Yeah guys this guy is a complete different defender than Josh Smith and I mean that in terms of possibly better for our group. No he can't switch and guard the 4 but he brings joakim Noah like energy at the 3 position and on top of that he's alot and I mean alot smarter than smith on BOTH ends of the floor especially after reading his comments I are why ferry went after this guy! Here is why Carroll can be an elite defender for the hawks:-he brings has very high energy at the 3 like Noah on the bulls-he's very very smart-hustles like Zaza-he knows what he can and cannot do unlike josh smith-the guy is 6"8 with a wingspan of 6"10This guy should be our starter at the 3. He will remind us of Kenneth fairied with his all game hustle and high BBIQ! Here's the rest of the article if you would like to read it: http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile3/56518758-219/carroll-jazz-says-utah.html.cspIn so many words he also reminds me of Ronnie brewer type....not a great shooter but can maybe hit a couple shots if he gets good looks and high BBIQ. Really like this guy Carroll!

http://youtu.be/hyzBYkjvCKE

I started a thread titled "The JYD" based on this link of his highlights. He was apparently a fan favorite in Utah too. Love having guys like this on the Hawks. Hope he gets at least 20 minutes a night, preferably closer to 30.

Honestly guys I think he's going to start our being the starter and if he proves him self he will continue to start.I see alot of Toney Allen and Ronnie Brewer in this guy. He should flourish under coach bud. He seems to fit that spurs style! Great pickup by ferry!

I hope it doesn't affect Jenkins starting.

He is the kind of player you want on your team, PERIOD. Hope we get Ivan back too.

Then that means we won't bring back Mike Scott and I really want him over Ivan IMO.

• Premium Member

DMC the alltime great is going to be money for us. I think he will be the glue to our defense. We just need to figure out SG? Is it going to be Korver with DMC at the 3 or will we elect to bring in somebody like Neal or Barbosa... I know.. those dudes are short. However they shoot.