• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Elton Brand to ATL.

CJB

This signing makes a ton of sense. Especially on the heels of Al's comments about the 4-5 being interchangeable in the new Offense. Listen I'd love height as much as the next guy, but Elton has been playing C the past couple of years and will be a really solid bench player. Waiting to hear cost, but love the one year. Obvious fit for Ferry.Big Rotation as it stands:Millsap - ScottHorford - Brand - MuscalaLeaving Noguera off until we hear otherwise. I could see us still adding a player between Millsap/Scott. (Ivan?) Or even another C moving Brand up.Now, a Small Forward? Who makes sense like this one? I thought for sure it was gonna be AK47...

Edited by MrNique

• Moderators

I'll take it. I don't see how this is a downgrade if you're comparing him to Ivan or Zaza really. Zaza is awesome but he has never been a good defensive center and despite giving up 2 or so inches I think Brand is a better shot blocker and defensive rebounder. Although a much worse dresser than Zaza.

As jaybird said, its not like Z is young and injury free himself.

• Like 2

I'll take it. I don't see how this is a downgrade if you're comparing him to Ivan or Zaza really. Zaza is awesome but he has never been a good defensive center and despite giving up 2 or so inches I think Brand is a better shot blocker and defensive rebounder. Although a much worse dresser than Zaza. As jaybird said, its not like Z is young and injury free himself.

And he doesn't cost 5 million a year for the next 3. I love Zaza as much as the next guy. Sad to see him go. But that was one of the worst contracts of the offseason so far. Glad Ferry didn't try to match that.

bleh, more undersized bigs

Elton Brand is not undersized. His standing height is 9'2'' and his wingspan is 7'5.5''.

Home skillet has some gorilla arms. He has the length to play C. I guarantee he has more length then ZaZa.

I'm disappointed with this only because of Scott, I really thought he'd get mins. People have mentioned playing him at SF. I remember hearing am interview by him that LDrew expected him to learn how to play SF, and Scott said he was happy to learn and adjust to that position. Hopefully Scott can provide mins both at SF and PF.

So, Ferry let ZaZa go to a sign a washed up has been?

You wanted Zaza on a three year deal for $5M per? Zaza is not the future, so retain flexibility. We may live to regret the Korver deal on the same grounds....but I don't regret letting Zaza walk. He is the definition of a replacement level player. Elton can give you everything Zaza did, including the DNP-injuries.

The team went shopping at the thrift store again and brought back and old and near broken piece of equipment. I can accept that ZaZa had some issues, but we could have at least signed Dal. Oh well, it is what it is.

Do you know that Dal wants to play in Atlanta?Do you know how much Dal is asking for? What if he is looking for a 4yr deal? What if all DF is offering a 2 year deal?

I'll take it. I don't see how this is a downgrade if you're comparing him to Ivan or Zaza really. Zaza is awesome but he has never been a good defensive center and despite giving up 2 or so inches I think Brand is a better shot blocker and defensive rebounder. Although a much worse dresser than Zaza.

As jaybird said, its not like Z is young and injury free himself.

He started in place of Al just a couple of years ago and the team lost very little.

Truthfully, its annoying that management continues to ignore the need for a big man.

• Like 1

You wanted Zaza on a three year deal for $5M per? Zaza is not the future, so retain flexibility. We may live to regret the Korver deal on the same grounds....but I don't regret letting Zaza walk. He is the definition of a replacement level player. Elton can give you everything Zaza did, including the DNP-injuries.

ZaZa can start or play back up. When Elton started last year he shot 34% from the field.

Teague/Schro

Jenkins/Lou

Korver/DMC/Scott

Millsap/Scott/Muscala

Horford/Brand/BeBe? >>>>

Teague/Mack

Devin(hurt)/Lou(hurt)

KK/(Deshawn(hurt/sucks)

Josh(Brickhouse Shawty)/Ivan

Horf/Zaza(hurt)

Posted Image

p.s Scott Will get his Ferry Preaches he believes in drafting players and givng them mins to prove there self Scott is a Beast so the mins are going to be there

@LangGreene: ATL will have about $16 million in cap space next summer. In a solid free agency class Bow!

Edited by JohnnyCASH

Mike Scott has been working on becoming a 3 who also plays 4 ever since he was drafted. He's a lock for the roster.

And Brand will play the 5. Holy moley, 7 1/2 foot wingspan??? Watching the Harden block video, his ELBOW was damn near above the rim.

The team went shopping at the thrift store again and brought back and old and near broken piece of equipment. I can accept that ZaZa had some issues, but we could have at least signed Dal. Oh well, it is what it is.

Do you know that Dal wants to play in Atlanta?Do you know how much Dal is asking for? What if he is looking for a 4yr deal? What if all DF is offering a 2 year deal?