• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Suggesting New Uniforms....

ATLHawks3

Man I love this logo. Great work.

thanks. Needs to be touched up (a lot) and vectorized but I'm at work so that'll have to wait until I have some time.

Isn't it amazing that the Pacman logo is so well recognized and universally loved by Hawks fans and yet for some reason management doesn't want to embrace it? It makes no sense to me. It is the only instantly recognizable bit of visual branding we have and it is still an instant recognition for any real NBA fan despite the fact that it hasn't been used for roughly 20 years.

I completely agree.The Yankees, Red Sox, Braves, etc. all have their iconic style, why not embrace what worked?

I would love someone in our local media to get this question to Ferry et al so we can maybe get some sort of answer.

here is a quick (and messy) mashup of our new Hawks head logo and the old pacman logo.Posted Image

I can rock with it just as long as its red and yellow. I could never understand why we'd switch to a color scheme that countless popular collegiate and pro sports teams use over one that only the Chiefs have and Flames had. Edited by benhillboy

I can rock with it just as long as its red and yellow. I could never understand why we'd switch to a color scheme that countless popular collegiate and pro sports teams use over one that only the Chiefs have and Flames had.

I agree. WAY too many teams have the red/blue/white scheme. Red/Yellow/Black is the way to go.

I think the NBA has some rule now where the uni's have to be general names or cities. That's why we don't have pac-man or the old hawk flying jerseys, Toronto doesn't have the raptor, Minnesota with the wolf head and so on. I'm fairly certain I heard it's a rule from master stern.

• Moderators

I think the NBA has some rule now where the uni's have to be general names or cities. That's why we don't have pac-man or the old hawk flying jerseys, Toronto doesn't have the raptor, Minnesota with the wolf head and so on. I'm fairly certain I heard it's a rule from master stern.

Golden State says hi. Edited by AHF

• Premium Member

here is a quick (and messy) mashup of our new Hawks head logo and the old pacman logo.Posted Image

Can't put into words......the win.

+1000 on this.

Isn't it amazing that the Pacman logo is so well recognized and universally loved by Hawks fans and yet for some reason management doesn't want to embrace it? It makes no sense to me. It is the only instantly recognizable bit of visual branding we have and it is still an instant recognition for any real NBA fan despite the fact that it hasn't been used for roughly 20 years.

S E R I O U S L Y...........................................

The NBA has never been more monotonous for uniform design, though. Even if it isn't a mandate, a design would stand out.

It was/is a mandate. Not interested in finding the actual article but Stern preferred clean fonts and fronts which is what spurred a lot of teams to go crazy with the collars and sides of their jerseys to invent a little identity for themselves given that the chest had to be uniform with the rest of the league. Teams like the Wizards, Denver with their alternatives and the Warriors seem to be bucking the trend but I would hazard a guess that their current unis are based on vintage designs and their logos do represent their cities (Bay Bridge, Denver skyline) as opposed to large cartoon characters. A return to PacManish jerseys may be a possibility (the Sonics had nearly the same jersey just without the sash or diagonal crest before moving to OKC) but there will absolutely no longer be a giant hawk or purple dinosaur or flaming horse adorning any future jersey.............

.............It'll just distract from the Coca-Cola and Geico ads.

• 9 months later...