• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

more journalists weighing in on the East playoff picture

thecampster

Again showing the Hawks and the playoffs are in question right now.

PG: Blog a Bull. With the Pistons adding Jennings, Josh Smith and lottery pick Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, the Chicago Bulls bringing back Derrick Rose and bringing in Mike Dunleavy, the Cleveland Cavaliers drafting Anthony Bennett, signing Andrew Bynum and importing Jarrett Jack, and the defending division champion Indiana Pacers only getting stronger, Ricky O'Donnell wonders if the Central just became the best division in the Eastern Conference.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/10-man-rotation-starring-dwight-howard-going-houston-210049239.html

The entire article...."0" Hawk mentions.

• Premium Member

That is a bizarre take on this article. This was not an article about who will make the playoffs. Totally disagree with premise of this thread.

I'm thinking the same thing.

Everyone is counting the Hawks out... Do they not realize we've gotten much better? Firstly, losing Smoove made us better automatically then we went out and added some quality players... Pretty funny that these writers think Cavs, Raptors, Pistons, and even Celtics will all be better than the Hawks. Pretty hysterical.

Edited by ATLscrubLove

Everyone is counting the Hawks out... Do they not realize we've gotten much better? Firstly, losing Smoove made us better automatically then we went out and added some quality players... Pretty funny that these writers think Cavs, Raptors, Pistons, and even Celtics will all be better than the Hawks. Pretty hysterical.

Where are the Hawks being counted out...? They're not even mentioned in this article and everything else I've seen still has them as a playoff team.

Where are the Hawks being counted out...? They're not even mentioned in this article and everything else I've seen still has them as a playoff team.

Writers are 50/50 about the Hawks chances... I'm talking about the idiotic superstar loving casual NBA fans.

So the clippers and heat aren't making the playoffs either?Also, people are getting way too carried away with these teams like the pistons, cavs, and wizards who have proved absolutely nothing so far.Another also. There are 10 teams mentioned in this article. At least 2 are not playoff teams. A few others are questionable.

Edited by ag82

I always disagreed in the past about us not making the playoffs. This year I will agree. This team will not make the playoffs and I hope they go 0-82. This is a train-wreck that Danny has put together.

The article does not even state Hawks will not make the playoffs. The portion of the article quoted in the original post is regarding a division we are not even in. Let's at least wait to create a thread like this when more "experts" write about the Hawks playoff chances.

• Premium Member

Here's the deal. TEAMS have to prove themselves. continuously. The TEAM model is ignored by the mainstream media. They don't believe in it, they don't report it, they won't praise it until they see it work.

What the media does believe in is individual players. They believe that said guy is a 22 ppg player, his team will do well. Even though the method fails against good teams, they will go with the individual everyday and twice on Sunday.

In fact, once a TEAM starts winning games, they will find the individual and promote him. You say that with Paul George of Indy. Indy is the thesis of a TEAM and yet and still they will give all kinds of credit to whoever they can market. The same is true of last year's Nuggets. Unfortunately, Karl couldn't make them win in the playoffs (not surprising) but had they gone farther, you can best believe they would have promoted Iguodala (even though he had little to do with their winning). So that brings us to us!!

Horf nor Millsap is an "Anchor Player". They haven't proved that they should be marketed. Therefore, the media's respect for us is at a low.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...