• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh on interview 92.9 right now? Blasting Hawks a bit

HawkItus

Best part was when he said that Atlanta fans don't have to worry about him (shooting jumpers) anymore, and can find something else to complain about. One of the hosts said that Atlanta fans are complicated, and Jamie Dukes said we're whiners.

If you're sick of us whining, start winning!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yeah - I am not thinking he will be the face of the franchise in Detroit. I think he is setting himself up to be disappointed if that is his expectation.

I do wish Josh well but it still boggles my mind how he doesn't recognize the jump shot issue. He makes it sound like Hawks fans are going to start dumping on Milsap's jumper because they are just looking for something to complain about rather than focusing on a huge flaw in his game.

I am very curious to see how he will fit into that Detroit team where he will play a lot of SF with two bigs who can't stretch the floor.

• Like 4

Those "wanted to be treated as a superstar/face of franchise comments" is a reason why he is gone and why I didnt like him. That kind of attitude doesnt fit into the spurs culture.

He has the ego, attitude, and the mentality of a superstar but doesnt have the skillset. He never wanted to adjust his game or try to fit into the team concept. He always did things his way regardless if it hurts the team or not. He felt like he was above the team.

• Like 3

• Admin

Yeah - I am not thinking he will be the face of the franchise in Detroit. I think he is setting himself up to be disappointed if that is his expectation.

I do wish Josh well but it still boggles my mind how he doesn't recognize the jump shot issue. He makes it sound like Hawks fans are going to start dumping on Milsap's jumper because they are just looking for something to complain about rather than focusing on a huge flaw in his game.

I am very curious to see how he will fit into that Detroit team where he will play a lot of SF with two bigs who can't stretch the floor.

I don't think Dumars knows what he is doing....he put together that team with Sheed but since he has made a real mess of that franchise. Josh as a player does not make sense next to Monroe and Drummond.

• Moderators

Dumars definitely earned himself a ton of rope (that he has been using to hang himself and his franchise) by landing Sheed, Ben Wallace, Hamilton and Billups. That worked out incredibly well for the team but even during that time period there were some real question marks (none bigger than Darko over Carmelo, Wade and Bosh). On the plus side, at least he has landed some nice young big men in Monroe and Drummond without top 5 picks.

Josh will be the King of Detroit

In other words the King of Bankrupt central lmao

Those "wanted to be treated as a superstar/face of franchise comments" is a reason why he is gone and why I didnt like him. That kind of attitude doesnt fit into the spurs culture.

He has the ego, attitude, and the mentality of a superstar but doesnt have the skillset. He never wanted to adjust his game or try to fit into the team concept. He always did things his way regardless if it hurts the team or not. He felt like he was above the team.

Co-Effin-Sign!!!

He gave not a single fucc about changing to make the team better

Edited by Bonkers

• Moderators

He ....... talked about how its important for GMs to show a FA personal attention and love. Make them feel wanted.

[minnieripertonplayinginthebackground]

"So, Mr. Smith, are you enjoying my backrub massage? Would you care for a fresh depilatory? Mr. Bowdler tells me your Bentley has been waxed and your double-shot cappuccino is on its way. Now, before we move on to the mani-pedi, I have a few thoughts about sign-and-trade deals..."

~df35

• Like 1

Say what you will but I know he was sending a message to Ferry with the multiple mentions of honesty. It took him how long after Detroit made the offer to sign...Presumably waiting on an offer from the team he played nine years for and a GM who is new but after conversations said they were on the same page about the Hawks direction

• Like 2

I don't want to miss-quote Josh.

Just to be clear and facutal Josh did not come out and say "Detroit will treat him as the face of their franchise" but it was strongly insinuated within the context of the conversation.

The NBA TV guy said he alwayse thought Josh was the face of the franchise in Atlanta. Josh responded with; "It never felt way" in Atlanta and ; "That will be different in Detroit." I took from that he wants to be treated like a star or franchise player. Others may have a different interpretation but from listening to the interview that is what I got from it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I am so glad he's gone. I am a huge, huge, HUGE fan of anything Georgia related including our home grown athletes but I am so glad Josh is out of here. I've never seen a player continue to do the one thing they can't do well and yet continue to do it non stop.

Have to say I'm even more happy now reading the kind of shit he said. If he SOMEHOW gets rid of those jump shots he can be that star player he presumes himself to be. Unfortunately for him after almost 10 years in the league he still can't figure that out. I think we will see much of the same in Detroit, but now regression becomes a thwart.