Bill & Jalen ranks Hawks #22 in the NBA...

ATLscrubLove

I wouldn't say we drastically improved. Josh will be missed but there is no way we're ranked #22!

Josh will not be missed... Paul Millsap is an upgrade. It's like Josh is a stock Ford Ranger with a 4 cylinder engine while Paul Millsap is a souped up S10 with a big block. If you catch my drift.

• Premium Member

A lot of folks are over stating this team. We have one player in Horford who is a decent piece. Maybe Teague will show something this year and Millsap is a decent player, but he didn't even start in Utah. Korvers contract is a joke, he couldn't guard a grandma.

This team is what it is, a scrap heap of players nobody wants, a city that don't give a damn, a rookie coach trhat don't have Parker and Duncan, and a GM that is hailed as the savior who has no track record.

BUT we got capspace......................lmao

Edited by Vol4ever
  • Like 1

Blessed is he that expectech nothing

for he shall not be disappointed!

Which would you rather? Expected to be 22 and end up @ 15

or expected to be much higher and end up @ 22?

Injuries can wreck havoc (See the Falcons for a prime example)

so I'll say we're at least a 15 even though we already have 2 out

with injuries for an extended period.

I don't expect any one here to become a fan of Josh's new team

BUT we will all watch to see if he does great (He will!) or is he

does terrible (He will!) because we all know him.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Unles you can look into a crystal ball and predict injuries, it's all just for fun. I didn't watch the video, but I'm guessing y'all taking about Simmons? I don't have a problem with either guy, but I'd take it more seriously with an older guy with coaching experience like Rambis or someone who's just a little more fanatical with the analysis like Chad Ford. I'm curious, where did Simmons put Boston? I'm intrigued about Olynyk and the coach.

Edited by benhillboy

Just ridiculous... Lower than the Bucks! We drastically improved from last year. No doubt in my mind we should be at least #14-15. We will make the playoffs for the 7th straight year.

You sir, are a blind homer.

Let me put this in terms you may understand.

Two years ago, the Hawks spent 70+ million in salary and bumped right up against the salary cap. The team went 40-26 ( a 49 win pace).

Last year the Hawks spent right below the Luxury Tax (about $66.5 million) in salary. The team spent 4 million less and won 44 games.

This year they are at about 56.4 million, another $10.1 million less. In the NBA, you don't shed 14-15 million in salary and get better except in extreme circumstances like the retirement of a bad contract.

I realize you may like Sap but he is worse in every statistical category except FG% where he is better by 2%. I know Schröder is going to be amazing but he is still a skinny rookie and over 82 games a significant downgrade over Harris. Antić is a downgrade over Zaza based on NBA experience alone. We have no Ivan.

You have a roster full of people who just got guaranteed contracts and little to play for. You have conference teams in Detroit, Chicago, Washington, Cleveland who should all be better.

Takes off your blinders and realize what this roster is. Ferry is aiming to get into the lottery, hoping our picks overseas mature and is already in 2014 mode.

FYI Cleveland scares the crap out of me. If Bynum and Varejao are both health and with a healthy Irving, they will be very, very good.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 2

I think #22 is below our floor (due to the multiple teams that will tank for the top-flight draft class next year). I would expext #15 to #19 depending on injuries to our older players.

#20th best at worst.

P.S. - if we did decide to go wild at the trade deadline - trading AL to the Bulls for the Charlotte pick (I think that's what they said) and also having Milsap and Korver as very attractive trade bait for contending teams could allow us to go into full rebuild mode. Teague too.

Who knows what the Owners/Management are really planning - at least we have options.

Edited by DJlaysitup

You sir, are a blind homer.

Let me put this in terms you may understand.

I realize you may like Sap but he is worse in every statistical category except FG% where he is better by 2%. I know Schröder is going to be amazing but he is still a skinny rookie and over 82 games a significant downgrade over Harris. Antić is a downgrade over Zaza based on NBA experience alone.

Takes off your blinders and realize what this roster is. Ferry is aiming to get into the lottery, hoping our picks overseas mature and is already in 2014 mode.

The one season Millsap got close to Josh Smith's career minutes per game ( 34.1 ) was during the 2010/11 season, he averaged: 34.3 MPG, 17.3 PPG, 7.6 RPG, while shooting .531 from the field and .757 at the charity stripe. In 11/12 he got 32.8 and averaged 16.6 PPG, 8.8 RPG, and shot .495 from the field and .792 from the charity stripe. Give Millsap the minutes and he produces in the post better than Josh. Period end of story.

And instead of comparing Antić to ZaZa, you should be comparing Ayón to ZaZa. The sky is not falling and once we get Lou back our offense will be in good shape. Lou and his 14.9 PPG will be the key to our playoff hopes; not losing Josh, Zaza, Harris and gaining Millsap, Brand, Ayón. Jenkins should be able to replace Harris; but we have no one to replace Lou that I see right now.

Because of where I live, I talk to more non-Hawk fans than Hawk fans. They are pretty much in agreement, once we signed Millsap, tanking was not Ferry's plan.

Edited by Buzzard

People fuss too much over rankings. If championships were given out for rankings I would care. Games gotta be played, that is all I care about. The win/lossrecord is your ranking.

I will enjoy watching the Hawks play this season. I asked for my usuall birthday gift and received - Tickets to Hawks Opening night at Philips. I'm ready. Let's go Hawks!!!!

People fuss too much over rankings. If championships were given out for rankings I would care. Games gotta be played, that is all I care about. The win/lossrecord is your ranking.

I will enjoy watching the Hawks play this season. I asked for my usuall birthday gift and received - Tickets to Hawks Opening night at Philips. I'm ready. Let's go Hawks!!!!

We have been ranked lower than what we ended up almost every year since drafting Horford. 22nd is ridiculous though.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Last year when we lost Joe Johnson and only replaced him with the Nets bench players people talked about how much we would miss Joe and how much we would suck. We were just as good if not better than his last year here. Now we've lost Josh and Zaza and replaced them with Milsap and Brand and now we're going to totally suck. We'll see.

The real truth is no one wants to get behind a team that doesn't have a superstar or wannabe superstar. There are big question marks around everyone in the east except maybe Indy, Chicago, and Miami.

NIce of them to suggest we jettison Al for a pile of crap from Chicago so he can team up with Noah. Hopefully we are in a new Hawks era.