• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Greatest Hawks of All Time! Pick your 5

ATLscrubLove

I have a problem with people who are putting Moses on the list. Don't get me wrong Moses was a beast no doubt. But as a HAWK, he had 2 good seasons that's it. To me, you gotta have at least 4 or 5 good seasons with a team before you put them on your all team list. But Moses as a Rocket and a Sixer, not even a question whatsoever.

• Premium Member

I have a problem with people who are putting Moses on the list. Don't get me wrong Moses was a beast no doubt. But as a HAWK, he had 2 good seasons that's it. To me, you gotta have at least 4 or 5 good seasons with a team before you put them on your all team list. But Moses as a Rocket and a Sixer, not even a question whatsoever.

That's why I didn't put Moses on my team. Overall Moses is probably the most underrated dominant big man in NBA history but for us he was at the end of his career. Give me Rocket/Sixers Moses and it is no contest but that's not what we got.

• Moderators

Totally agree with spud2nique on Moses. He was a shell of his former self in Atlanta and didn't play long enough to do much here.

My team:

PG: Lenny Wilkins (IMO Maravich didn't play well with others and was a stat padder with high shot volume. Toughest position to pick, IMO, because you can make a case for 3-4 of them)

SG: Steve Smith (with their choices I could go JJ or Smith here. I just think I would rather have Smith stretching the defense for Nique and Pettit but that is just a gut choice. No problem with JJ here.)

SF: Nique (no brainer)

PF: Pettit (no brainer)

C: Dikembe Mutombo

• Premium Member

I agree with this.

Moses doesn't belong ahead of Deke. Deke was the best defender in History when he played for us.

I also put down Mookie ahead of Maravich. For one reason, Mookie had more dimensions. Defense is something that you ought to be able to do.

I went with Nique, Deke, Pettit, JJ, and Mookie. Anyone who went with anyone other than Nique and Pettit should get their Hawks' card revoked. Moses came here in the twilight of his career so I couldn't put him on the list. Maravich was great but didn't play here long enough; he's more known as a New Orleans Jazz than a Hawk. Add as much as I loved Smith, I had to give the nod to Joe...

• Like 1