• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague avg double double

reeballin4

• Premium Member

Yeah, I think i'd trade Teague for a solid 2 guard. However, Jeff is certainly shown that he's taking to Coach Budz' system.

I'm still in a wait and see mode with him. If I remember correctly, Jeff played really well at the start of the year last year, but regressed as the season wore on. I truly hope that doesn't happen this year as Jeff playing well is ultimately good for the team,

That's exactly what happened last year. He had a really strong start and it went downhill from there. People remember the hot start but not the rest of the season. He put up a dud last night against the Lakers but hopefully he'll turn it around. We do need Teague to be a 15/7 guy at least for us.

From 21 free throws on 2 games to a big fat zero last night? Is it the LA treatment not getting calls or he wasn't aggressive? (I didn't watch game)

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

From 21 free throws on 2 games to a big fat zero last night? Is it the LA treatment not getting calls or he wasn't aggressive? (I didn't watch game)

He wasn't aggressive, really was by far his worst game of the year. Kinda surprising too as he had Steve Nash guarding him and he didn't really take advantage of him which surprised me.

He wasn't aggressive, really was by far his worst game of the year. Kinda surprising too as he had Steve Nash guarding him and he didn't really take advantage of him which surprised me.

Ok - Teague's problem has always been his lack of Consistency. Hopefully he bounces back - I am hoping he has least 4 good games to 1 bad games.

He was being aggressive for the most part. The lanes were clogged the entire night, forcing our point guards to work the baseline. We didn't get many calls for our guards last night so I won't complain. I mean it's the Lakers at home.. Another note... Bud said some good things about Teague and Schröder on how they responded after halftime. The guys fault hard and I was a little upset about the refs giving Paul Gasol leeway on those screens. He was definitely moving while screening the entire night.

• Moderators

Bobcats head coach Steve Clifford during his post game media session singled out Jeff Teague's performance as a reason for his team's loss.

"I thought that Horford had a terrific game, but Jeff Teague controlled that game from about the last four minutes of the second quarter all the way through the second half," he said. "We couldn't keep him out of the paint, we couldn't control the pick and roll, and the majority of their shots came directly from him."

Teague went out with early foul trouble which led to Atlanta's early offensive issues. He didn't shoot the ball well but he is the catalyst when it comes to Atlanta's ball movement offensively. Teague recorded his fourth straight double-double and fifth of the season with 14 points and 12 assists. He is now second in the NBA behind Chris Paul in assists per game at 10.1.

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2013/11/12/5095046/hawks-vs-bobcats-mike-budenholzer-defense

• Like 1

It's weird that Teague is more widely respected by players and coaches than Hawks fans. When he gets his groove going, like it is now, he's an absolute terror to opposing defenses. I think his quiet, meek demeanor will forever follow him and rub some people the wrong way. But his game is developing into something intense and fiery. He is much more aware on PNRs and has shown more versatility with the floater. You can count on one hand the number of PGs who shoot well from 3 as well as having the ability to dunk on your Big. All he needs is the pull up game and heightened defensive intensity and he's a smaller Westbrook, who I personally think has permananently overtaken Rose as the premier super-athletic-superstar-tweener-coming-off-an-ACL-that-their-team-can't-compete-for-a-championship-without.

• Like 3

I'm kinda surprised at Wall being that high, although I can't say Ive seen him much. I thought he was Rose-like in forcing shots when he should be passing, but apparently not. Curry will never get his due for being a great passer because all you can talk about is his historic shooting touch. If Rondo were out there though, I think all these guys sans Chris would move over a spot. Can't say enough about Jeff though. I'm sure even he wouldn't have expected to be in this company.

Edited by benhillboy

I'm kinda surprised at Wall being that high, although I can't say Ive seen him much. I thought he was Rose-like in forcing shots when he should be passing, but apparently not. Curry will never get his due for being a great passer because all you can talk about is his historic shooting touch. If Rondo were out there though, I think all these guys sans Chris would move over a spot. Can't say enough about Jeff though. I'm sure even he wouldn't have expected to be in this company.

I'm not. everytime I see a Wizards boxscore over the last 3 years that was the one thing that was consistent. Every one I looked at he has around 8-9 assists. His shooting numbers just have never been that great

Edited by Cwell

• Premium Member

He's always had pretty high assists numbers when healthy

• Premium Member

Teague is missing a lot of his shots too. I've seen many lay ups and open lanes result in missed shots.The good thing about that?He keeps pushing it and tries again. Good things always happen if Teague is pushing the ball. He no longer has to worry about others trying to take over the game.Coach seems to have faith in Teague and allows him to keep running our offense even when it isn't successful. That said, it has been successful enough to average over 100 ppg and we can all see more room for improvement.

Edited by cam1218