• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Kings

lethalweapon3

The last minutes on the court from teague maybe was to much also Posted Image Wouldn't put his decline only on his break he got, i believe sac founds some things to adjust against him or he lost facus a bit.

If you play him to much, he will decline even worse over a game.

Talking about schröder, german news mag says he "punches" cousins in the ball, while running in a pick of him and that this scene might lead to consequences after the game. But i didn't found a video source from it, our other sources in general. Any infos about this?

found that

Cartier Martin needs to start over Demarre. He play's just as good defense as Carroll, but unlike Carroll, he can stroke it from deep.

I can true that. After the two-foot short airball in LA, I wouldn't mind if he never shot another one. Martin is providing great energy and averaging 11 out the gate, he has to be rewarded and expected to increase production with a few more minutes.I hate these West Coast trips, though. I just can't stay up, bruh. I figured we'd come back after the slow start, but would've loved to see Al and Sap take us home. Looking at the highlihhts now on NBATV, Isiah Thomas is a mini-stud. The offense is looking okay, but that defense, especially in the first quarter, is anything but Spurs-like. Let's Go, 6 pack of Budweiser drinking and driving azz man. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Goodness! In the 4th quarter, Hawks suddenly completely lost focus

and it almost cost us the game. Sacramento could do nothing wrong

and Atlanta could do nothing right.

Isn't it amazing how quickly a huge lead can shrink away! But, thanks

to our two big starters, the ship was brought under control and we hung

on for the victory.

The way this one began to unravel in the fourth makes one nervous,

doesn't it. But, the great thing is, we won!

GO HAWKS !!

PS: You know who went 1-6 from behind the arch in Detroit's loss.

Don't you miss him??

Edited by Gray Mule

I dont mind Milsap taking and making a three once a game, but I rather Al not even flirt around with the arc. So much he can't do out there, offensive rebound or put the ball on the floor for starters. I have to question a coach who is encouraging that from a veteran Big who isnt used to shooting threes, let alone one with an underwhelming post game. I rather Kyle shoot a contested three than most people in the league shooting open. Al from 18 stretches the floor just fine. This stretch Big sh$t is getting out of hand.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

Fondlegate!

Shredder will probably take a seat for a couple games, maybe get set back a Deutsche Mark or two, for going Baron Von Raschke on Boogie's nuggets (here's a closer Vine of it: https://vine.co/v/hIaHYvzKKqA).

Although looking at it with Hawk-tinted glasses, my hunch is his arm got caught between DMC's legs off the screen and Cousins decided to take advantage by trapping the arm, grabbing The Menace's hand and going all Black Acting School! on him ("Unhand me, you knave! Dear referee, didst thou not seeeth! Chris Paul he is notteth!") It didn't sell, so he just ran back into the play, as you can tell by rd79's link. The league probably won't see it that way, so warm up, Shelvin Mack!

Y'all remember this?

Posted Image

I know Cousins thought Horf was selling that (the flagrant foul got reduced to the garden-variety one after review). Did Crotchgate happen before or after Al's alleged flop? IF it's after, I'm thinking Cousins decided to exact a little revenge at the rookie's expense, once Dennis got caught with his hand in the Boogie Jar. If it's before... poor DeMarcus! lol

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Cartier Martin needs to start over Demarre. He play's just as good defense as Carroll, but unlike Carroll, he can stroke it from deep.

Cartier plays with great effort on defense, but his frame is too slight. Carroll is much stronger than Cartier and plays with equal effort. I don't think Demarre is going to play this poorly on offense all year, I would wait at least a month before pulling him.

• Premium Member

I dont mind Milsap taking and making a three once a game, but I rather Al not even flirt around with the arc. So much he can't do out there, offensive rebound or put the ball on the floor for starters. I have to question a coach who is encouraging that from a veteran Big who isnt used to shooting threes, let alone one with an underwhelming post game. I rather Kyle shoot a contested three than most people in the league shooting open. Al from 18 stretches the floor just fine. This stretch Big sh$t is getting out of hand.

It's been 1 three over 4 games though, I wouldn't be too concerned about it just yet.

Fondlegate!

Shredder will probably take a seat for a couple games, maybe get set back a Deutsche Mark or two, for going Baron Von Raschke on Boogie's nuggets (here's a closer Vine of it: https://vine.co/v/hIaHYvzKKqA).

Although looking at it with Hawk-tinted glasses, my hunch is his arm got caught between DMC's legs off the screen and Cousins decided to take advantage by trapping the arm, grabbing The Menace's hand and going all Black Acting School! on him ("Unhand me, you knave! Dear referee, didst thou not seeeth! Chris Paul he is notteth!") It didn't sell, so he just ran back into the play, as you can tell by rd79's link. The league probably won't see it that way, so warm up, Shelvin Mack!

Y'all remember this?

Posted Image

I know Cousins thought Horf was selling that (the flagrant foul got reduced to the garden-variety one after review). Did Crotchgate happen before or after Al's alleged flop? IF it's after, I'm thinking Cousins decided to exact a little revenge at the rookie's expense, once Dennis got caught with his hand in the Boogie Jar. If it's before... poor DeMarcus! lol

~lw3

This happened a few plays after. I didn't see the "ball grabbing", but I saw the very irate Cousins afterwards. I thought he might kill someone. It started the quick three fouls for Cousins, including this one on Horford. He just started to lose the plot with the refs, which is probably why he didn't come back on, and the fact he had 5 fouls.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't know what happened with Teague in the 2nd half; but his line at the half was 14 points, 8 dimes, 1 turnover. IMO we played to much bench in the 4th and almost gave this one away. I get why, our bench is hurting. If we can get both Ayón and Lou back by December holding on to big leagues will not be so damn difficult.

Actually, I think the Kings made their big run when the starters were on the floor.

• Premium Member

I'm really worried about Teague's handling in pressure moments in the 4th quarter of the game. He looked really uncomfortable and they were exploiting it as he was turning the ball over like crazy. Good to see some clutch plays by Horford and Millsap though!

i think the fact he sat out for almost an entire quarter was probably the reason. He looked out of rhythm

i think the fact he sat out for almost an entire quarter was probably the reason. He looked out of rhythm

maybe but this is not a new thing with him. He has a history of getting wild with the ball when its crunch time. He's a smart player though, and has shown major improvement in his game. This is just his next hurdle. Hopefully he makes it over. If not, it'll be a true shame because he's a star in the making

I have no gripes with Jeff. The turnovers need to dip below 3 of course, but other than that he's averaging damn near a stat point for every minute. I'm not into fantasy in any sport, but I would imagine Jeff is good money on a majority of nights, no matter the matchup. And I see a little more consistent effort defensively, still average at best though.

Edited by benhillboy

This is a pretty large amount of over-reaction to one shot.

It's been 1 three over 4 games though, I wouldn't be too concerned about it just yet.

True. I can live with 1 every 4 games, especially if he's hitting it. I know he was talking about it in the offseason, and the way he popped out to the corner, he looked real comfortable. I can't knock his stroke, though. It's real nice and easy. But I usually go by the rule of thumb that if your stretch 4/5 ain't white (Love, Anderson, Dirk), leave the arc alone. Antić's stroke is nice, too. He hit two last night: one with the clock off after a off ball foul. Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

With as good a jumper (or set shot maybe) that Al has I think he should shoot a few 3s. If he pulls his man out of the lane it can open up some great cuts for others.

Teague has been fantastic imo. Seems like he had a lot of detractors who aren't saying much right now. He's definitely made mistakes but all points are going to have screw ups with the ball in their hands that much. He's running a new offense with a ton of new players.

I'm really worried about Teague's handling in pressure moments in the 4th quarter of the game. He looked really uncomfortable and they were exploiting it as he was turning the ball over like crazy. Good to see some clutch plays by Horford and Millsap though!

I'm more worried about Al in clutch moments Not sure what you saw from Al in that game, but both and him Teague seem to be "out of it" when time matters. Stupid fouls & turn overs seems like every game down the stretch. Millsap and Korver is who I trust now down the stretch for now.