• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford-Millsap Best Frontcourt in the NBA?

GameTime

I've been said this but there are too many delusional hawk fans to realize this! Let's Just keep it realistic and say "yes milsap and horford are the best OFFENSIVE big men front court in the nba" but asik and Howard may be the best defensive big men front court in the nba. I guess what we can say is that overall milsap and horford are the best big man combo with great offense and average defense where as no other big man combo really comes close to that as far as BOTH offense and defense goes.I wish some hawk fans would just cheer the hell up and actually be grateful for having something really good for once....milsap and horford are a good combination people! Live with it! I know you wanted milsap or horford traded but if they continue to show out I doubt it happens and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

BigFoot, or Brand to 5, Horford to 4, Mils to 3 with TEA to 2 and PG Denice the Menace! KK sixth man to rest more for Shooting! Then, GA Boy Lou gets back! Rock 'in to Playoffs

Milsap is not a SF. Looks like a pure PF to me. Edited by coachx

Been really happy with the play of Milsap thus far, and I like how Horf has tweaked his game a bit to pick up for the missed blocking presence of Smith.

Letting Josh walk is looking better and better everyday. Not only is Milsap putting up great numbers and being very efficient, Josh is going down in flames in Detroit. I'm watching the GS v Pistons game right now, and with only about 3 mins left, Josh is only 1-6 from the floor (0-2 from 3pt) for a total of 2 pts and 0 rebounds in 19 minutes. They were getting stomped early on and quickly learned that Josh wasn't going to help them get back in the game (Monroe, Drummond, and Jennings got ~ 10 mins more apiece).

I wasn't sure how things would pan out with trying to replace Josh with Paul, but this seems to be proving to be a great move by DF.

Go Hawks!

• Premium Member

I had no doubt that Millsap would be a great fit. He's just the ani-Josh Smith. I really wish we had him here at the peak of our playoff push with Joe. I really don't want to say Smoove was a problem, but the sad truth is that he held our offense hostage. Only the most blind Josh Smith fan would say otherwise.Too many shots. Too many long 2's. Too many 3's. He took shots from better scorers and hoisted up nonsense GIVEN to him by the defense. Too much ball handling. In the big picture, I don't think we'll be better off in the standings, but we're a better (and more watchable) team with Millsap as a replacement.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

He has to be one of the best FA signings this yr

Especially at that contract... People were saying Ferry was a failure because he didn't get Howard. Honest to God I'd rather Have Millsap on the team at 9 million than Howard at 20+. Howard just isn't the same player he was in Orlando.

• Like 1

Small sample size from Milsap. So far more pro's than negatives. However, he lacks that explosiveness. I miss the ability to pass to Josh in the post and him dunk the ball home. Milsap is a more efficient play though. Which is exactly what the Hawks are looking for, high BBIQ, not necessarily the best athletes.

If Josh was doing that more instead of shooting longs 2's and 3's he would still be here.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Small sample size from Milsap. So far more pro's than negatives. However, he lacks that explosiveness. I miss the ability to pass to Josh in the post and him dunk the ball home.

That`s just what it is, a small sample size. Millsap will get some highlight reel dunks - they`re usually just not ever showed because the national media didn`t know Utah existed.

Horford/Millsap is a very fun combo to watch Posted Image

Small sample size from Milsap. So far more pro's than negatives. However, he lacks that explosiveness. I miss the ability to pass to Josh in the post and him dunk the ball home. Milsap is a more efficient play though. Which is exactly what the Hawks are looking for, high BBIQ, not necessarily the best athletes.

Millsap has played unselfish basketball his whole career. He is a perfect fit on any team. Put him next to another unselfish all star ( Horford ) type big and you ( we ) do end up with a solid top five front court.

Ferry saw this earlier than all of us here. Small sample size: only if you ignore their whole careers.

Edited by Buzzard