• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Net Watch - Atlanta's Right To Swap 1st Round Picks With Brooklyn

coachx

Well the Nets got 10 more rebounds than last night, and still out-rebounded by 20. How did the Pacers go down to the wire with them? Just being associated with Bynum causes bad things to happen. I'd like to know what Bird was thinking. It seems like all people see is his length, all I see is his personality. Anyway, 82 games. The Nets are awful unless they're playing us. Bastards.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Well the Nets got 10 more rebounds than last night, and still out-rebounded by 20. How did the Pacers go down to the wire with them? Just being associated with Bynum causes bad things to happen. I'd like to know what Bird was thinking. It seems like all people see is his length, all I see is his personality. Anyway, 82 games. The Nets are awful unless they're playing us. Bastards.

We need to Paul Millsap to "accidently" injure Joe Johnson during the All-Star game, if we have any hope of getting a pick in the top 5.

• Premium Member

The Pacers signed him so that Miami couldn't.

• Moderators

The Pacers signed him so that Miami couldn't.

I see that as a low downside play. He is joining a team with an established culture and patterns so he won't be disruptive unless they let him be. He is talented enough to be an elite player as he was his last healthy season and you are paying him 1M for the lottery ticket that he gets healthy enough to bring that to the floor. He is also playing a position where even modest production can be helpful and even this season he is averaging per36 15.1 points, 9.5 rebounds, and 2.1 blocks with his main struggles being his health and his shooting touch.

At the worst, the Pacers send him home but don't cut him so that it is a defensive play blocking the Heat from getting him.

I endorse the move.

• Moderators

It is hard to think how I could be more frustrated by our performance against the Nets this season than I am but if they stink against everyone else that is more important than us dominating them H2H so I'll take it if that is how it plays out. I just don't want to see them start doing pretty well against everyone.

• Like 1

I don't see how or why Miami would have been looking at Bynum. They already reached both their broken down big man and psychotic, lazy but talented quota with Oden and Beasley.

Indiana likely just wanted to be able to have a big man on the floor that could punish the undersized Miami for 48 minutes. Not worry about a huge drop off when Hibbert goes to the bench for rest or foul trouble by in able to sub in a guy who can both score and protect the rim.

Larry Legend said the notion that they tried to keep Bynum away from Miami was "stupid" and "they don't have the money to do something like that" so that's that. I just can't see him fitting in with the strong competitive personalities they have in Indy. As soon as he enters the locker room, Hibbert or West should just hook him one good time off GP to get his mind right.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Larry Legend said the notion that they tried to keep Bynum away from Miami was "stupid" and "they don't have the money to do something like that" so that's that. I just can't see him fitting in with the strong competitive personalities they have in Indy. As soon as he enters the locker room, Hibbert or West should just hook him one good time off GP to get his mind right.

That is spin. The accurate way of saying that is that they didn't sign him "just" to keep him away from Miami. He can be a huge value if he gets his head on straight so there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't benefit from a best case scenario with him so there is plenty of other reason for the Pacers to have made this move other than a pure block for Miami, especially at a 1M price tag. At the same time, it is naive to think that blocking Miami isn't one of the motivating factors for Indiana. Their biggest advantage over Miami is not at PG, SG, SF or PF. It is at C and if Miami could suddenly go toe to toe with Indiana at that position then it changes the entire complexion of that series.

So Larry may be right that it is stupid to think they would do this as a pure block, but it is equally stupid to think that blocking Miami isn't one of the benefits of the deal -- especially given that there is not a single NBA finals contender in the East outside of Indiana and Miami. It is one of the cleanest situations to analyze in sports as far as scheming for a competitor.

Dropping in to bring a little sunshine to the thread (and our hopes):

Joe is sitting out tonight.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10399348/joe-johnson-brooklyn-nets-sidelined-knee-tendinitis

"'It's been bothering him for some time, but Joe is one not to complain," Nets coach Jason Kidd said. "This is for him to get some rest and we'll re-evaluate him tomorrow and see how he feels."

Johnson said the injury has been bothering him for the "past few weeks," but he's been trying to gut it out. Johnson hopes to be back for Thursday night's game against the Spurs."

Go Sixers!

Edited by Mdizzle5

No injury gloating please - we know what happened the last time we did.

Having said that - Joe played it right for his typical ASG playing Bonanza bid then it's back to regular Joe, good for us!