Net Watch - Atlanta's Right To Swap 1st Round Picks With Brooklyn

coachx

• Premium Member

Listened to the Celtics announcers on audio league pass. It was funny because they kept going on about how horrible the Nets looked against the celtics - basically lazy old guys jacking up 3s..said they are 1 and done in playoffs Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

"Right to Swap" is still within reach! For now...

Atlanta's pretty much got until April Fool's Day to get back into parity with the Nyets (5 games ahead, 20 games to go).

After April 1 (vs. Houston), Brooklyn plays just 2 playoff teams the rest of the way (9 games)... and one of those teams (don't look, tankers!) is the Hawks!

They're also about as lottery-quality bad on the road (12-19) as we are (10-24). Their last win against a Top 8 (in either conference) team on the road? Against us, in London back on January 16. Before that, the last major road win was Joe's buzzer-beater in OKC that turned their season around. Miami and the Wizards are up next on the road.

While Atlanta's getting back to as full strength as they can reasonably get, the Nets are holding Paulie, AK, and KG together with spackel for the home stretch. The Hawks have more playoff-jockeying teams to deal with than Brooklyn, but after that horrendous road trip, they also have the most home games going forward of any Top 8 team.

Keep Hope Alive!

~lw3

• Like 1

"Right to Swap" is still within reach! For now...

Atlanta's pretty much got until April Fool's Day to get back into parity with the Nyets (5 games ahead, 20 games to go).

After April 1 (vs. Houston), Brooklyn plays just 2 playoff teams the rest of the way (9 games)... and one of those teams (don't look, tankers!) is the Hawks!

They're also about as lottery-quality bad on the road (12-19) as we are (10-24). Their last win against a Top 8 (in either conference) team on the road? Against us, in London back on January 16. Before that, the last major road win was Joe's buzzer-beater in OKC that turned their season around. Miami and the Wizards are up next on the road.

While Atlanta's getting back to as full strength as they can reasonably get, the Nets are holding Paulie, AK, and KG together with spackel for the home stretch. The Hawks have more playoff-jockeying teams to deal with than Brooklyn, but after that horrendous road trip, they also have the most home games going forward of any Top 8 team.

Keep Hope Alive!

~lw3

I hope in two weeks we have the top 7 pick in the draft.

Tough win in Miami. I had no idea they had the best record in the East since Jan. 1. Seems as if shelving KG was the change in chemistry they needed. Bad stretch for us, but I still believe in the chokability in that team as long as JJs on there.I can't lie and say I don't feel good for Kidd turning it around, though. He has one of the highest IQs of All Time, I knew it would translate sooner or later. With Steve Kerr being rumored in the Knicks job, Hornacek doing one of the best jobs in recent memory, and the success of Mark Jackson, I think it's en vogue now to hunt for the decorated former NBA PG as HC, experienced or not.

• Moderators

Tough win in Miami. I had no idea they had the best record in the East since Jan. 1. Seems as if shelving KG was the change in chemistry they needed. Bad stretch for us, but I still believe in the chokability in that team as long as JJs on there.I can't lie and say I don't feel good for Kidd turning it around, though. He has one of the highest IQs of All Time, I knew it would translate sooner or later. With Steve Kerr being rumored in the Knicks job, Hornacek doing one of the best jobs in recent memory, and the success of Mark Jackson, I think it's en vogue now to hunt for the decorated former NBA PG as HC, experienced or not.

Don't forget Jacque Vaughn!

JJ go the ball slapped away off his leg for a costly turnover at the end. That's when i remembered why i don't miss him so much.

Still as much as i hate pierce and KG I'm happy for Joe to get a chance to play on a team that is loaded with talent like that albeit old talent. I'm sure he's having a lot more fun than he did here.

• Premium Member

Charlotte plays well against the east other than their own division and brooklyn has a losing record (in EC) so lets go bobcats!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by turnermx

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta give it to Joey. He's had a much better campaign than I thought he would've. He deserves all the POTWs he's gotten, Livingston deserves heavy Comeback POTY consideration, and Kidd will definately get some COY votes for the miraculous turnaround. Addition by subraction like I've never seen it with Brook and KG going down sparking the best ball in the East for the past 3 months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I gotta give it to Joey. He's had a much better campaign than I thought he would've. He deserves all the POTWs he's gotten, Livingston deserves heavy Comeback POTY consideration, and Kidd will definately get some COY votes for the miraculous turnaround. Addition by subraction like I've never seen it with Brook and KG going down sparking the best ball in the East for the past 3 months.

I'm with you on all of that! I still feel like we'd still have enjoyed their slide toward the abyss had Joe not nailed that buzzer-beater in OKC back in January. Everything flipped from that game on.

Ah, well. It was a fun ride! And no, we're not done with you, Nyets! We will deal with you guys NEXT YEAR!

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators

Honestly, this is one of the saddest threads of all time. Like watching the stages of death.

Honestly, this is one of the saddest threads of all time. Like watching the stages of death.

You can say that again! lol

We may get another year of this little roller-coaster next season! If we're lucky!

~lw3

it was great while it lasted. On the bright side we get to do this again next year - oh fun, can't wait!!

• Premium Member

This was fun while it lasted! Totally worth it. I have a strong hunch we will get the Nets pick next year albeit that may be as them being the lower seeded playoff team in the weak east. But its all good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...