• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I didn't watch last night game, but watching Jeff for most of the season...

NBASupes

In my review of Jeffery DeMarco Teague, I have seen improvements to his aggressiveness, confidence, passing, running the PnP and his understanding of the game from a Basketball IQ standpoint. While he still has the same critical flaws, not a great passer just average at this point, can't run an offense, and he is terrible in the PnR defensively. He has improved and is playing at a high level and stat wise, he is really the best PG in the East right now even if I don't think that highly of him in general. Overall Jeffery, keep improving and keep playing at a high level.

In my review of Jeffery DeMarco Teague, I have seen improvements to his aggressiveness, confidence, passing, running the PnP and his understanding of the game from a Basketball IQ standpoint. While he still has the same critical flaws, not a great passer just average at this point, can't run an offense, and he is terrible in the PnR defensively. He has improved and is playing at a high level and stat wise, he is really the best PG in the East right now even if I don't think that highly of him in general. Overall Jeffery, keep improving and keep playing at a high level.

Though this seems critical as usual from you of Jeff Teague….hell I will accept it! Glad you somewhat have shown you appreciate Jeff Teague.

However completely disagree that Jeff isn't an great passer or can't run an offense. But then again we never agree so no need to get into that but just adding my 2 cents since we all think differently I say that Jeff is a slightly above average passer and that he can run the hell out of Coach Buds offense no problem. Jeff Teague is the general out there on the floor and he's proved it on a consistent basis.

I will agree that his pick and roll defense isn't where it needs to be but I believe he can improve in this as well. Just need coach bud to continue working with him, they seem to gel well and Teague really believes in him.

Edited by JTB

Jeff has shown flashes of great play since the Bulls series. I'm not too surprised he's flourishing when given the keys to the offense finally with two players I despise out of his way. The one in Brooklyn probably doesn't have a single And-1 drive from the perimeter: Jeff drives the hole relentlessly. The other one up in Motown, where do I start? I think its just a scathing indicment of Sund, which is crazy because if I'm not mistaken he crafted the bulk of the championship Pistons team before the worst GM in the league got there. After the Bulls series it was time to break it all up, instead we have to wait 2 seasons later for our new GM to get settled and craft a franchise in his mold. 2 wasted seasons of an Iso player who is a stranger to the free throw line and arguably the worst jump shooter in the NBA doing his best stretch 4 impression. I never liked any of those players (throw in the dead one in Utah) and am so glad to finally have somewhat of a clean slate under a GM with real intentions of contending. I don't see Teague and Al as prototypical championship pieces at their position (Teague can't defend well enough, Al's back to the basket game ain't gonna cut it in April), but at least I can enjoy their games and be proud of sound, professional team basketball.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

If only we had a PG who could actually run the offense. We'd be averaging at least 200 points per game.

For example, Ricky Rubio. Everyone on Minny gets great shots. Part of the reason their offense is so efficient but for this team, Jeff is critical. Because we lack natural scorers and Jeff is clearly the best one we have who can play starters mins. Having Rubio in this offense would hurt us more than help us just as you see at times with Dennis. He lacks too much offensive skill that Jeff has and we need.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

• Premium Member

While he still has the same critical flaws, not a great passer just average at this point, can't run an offense, and he is terrible in the PnR defensively.

Jeff can't run an offense! Wow! And this is coming from a guy that thinks that Schröder can do it better than Teague can right now. I've seen some weird post on this board but this has to be the most blatant attempt at promoting an agenda that I've ever seen.

• Like 3

Jeff can't run an offense! Wow! And this is coming from a guy that thinks that Schröder can do it better than Teague can right now. I've seen some weird post on this board but this has to be the most blatant attempt at promoting an agenda that I've ever seen.

Dennis is a separate issue for a different thread. I would be the first to admit Dennis isn't ready for the NBA in a physical and skill standpoint at this point of his career while he has the talent and the BBIQ to be a truly transcending player. That's neither here or there so let's go back to Jeff.

Jeff doesn't put players in their most optimum position to score or even good ones most of the time. A lot of Jeff's issues are hidden within the offense like Dwight's in Orlando. He is not putting on players in their best positions ala Rubio. Teague is more like Westbrook in the sense that his aggressive opens up the game for others but he is no where near as good offensively or defensively as Westbrook.

Here is a prime example from a comment I saw on realgm from the Jeff Teague thread:

Here is an example of a thread appropriate to the GB, and not the PC Board, and lacking the sort of emo "everyone hates [my franchise] nonsense that is a mopey plague upon these boards...."Gadzooks!Through 9 games so far this season, Teague is tearing it up! Almost 20 and 10! 19.8 ppg and 9.9 apg in 35.3 mpg! he's really balling!"One might go on to mention his likely-unsustainable .519 FTR, the fact that he's shooting around 10% worse than usual from 3 and that he's posting a very similar turnover rate to his previous seasons even though he's moving the ball around to his teammates so well, all of which ultimately point to a pretty optimistic outlook for Teague, or at least to favorable commentary over his first chunk of the season. And things look a little better if you ignore his 6-turnover season debut, but SSS and all that.He's had a fine start to the season, and his shooting looks fairly sustainable, and like it may even improve when his 3ball comes back. His 2pt FG% is a little lower than the last couple of years, although understandably because he's shooting about 30% more from there. It may return to 48-50% 2FG as the season progresses. Some of that may mollify the inevitable dip in his FTR, too, which will keep him scoring at a reasonable rate. The current league average TS% is 53.3%, so Teague is currently +0.4%.That's not great but he's only a 15 FGA/g player and because of his passing, he is actually rocking a 110 ORTG. With the number of minutes played and possessions used he posts, that's actually a pretty good overall return. The Hawks are currently the 7th-best offense in the league (oh, the joys of not having "He Whose Name Shall Not Be Mentioned" anymore!) and Teague is helping Horford tear it right up. Korver will cool down but Horford and Millsap are doing good things and Teague has indeed been a big part of that. He won't ever be an elite volume scorer but from the point, that's actually not the ideal strategy anyway.It's early, but he's starting out the right way,. We'll see what happens when Korver isn't shooting over 50% frrom 3 on 5 3PA/g, but Teague is looking good.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1284263&sid=5838109235214abd44cabf95228ce5b6#sthash.qMegJNWC.dpuf

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I like Rubio's vision and overall IQ and all, but I'm cool on him until he's scoring better than 8 points on 33% shooting. He's still a distant second fiddle on that team. Westbrook has his flaws for sure, but they're pretty much nullified by his pull up that he's extended a couple feet and is damn near automatic every time I see him anyways.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

What really helps Teague is that we're running a very PG friendly offense, and Teague is capitalizing on that and running with it. The list of PGs I'd take over him (especially at his age and contract) is very low right now. Irving, Westbrook, I guess CP3?

• Like 1

What really helps Teague is that we're running a very PG friendly offense, and Teague is capitalizing on that and running with it. The list of PGs I'd take over him (especially at his age and contract) is very low right now. Irving, Westbrook, I guess CP3?

Rose, Wall, Rondo, Conley, Parker, Lawson, Lillard, Rubio, Curry are no brainers. There are others I would take depending on the matchup over Jeff as well.

Rose, Wall, Rondo, Conley, Parker, Lawson, Lillard, Rubio, Curry are no brainers. There are others I would take depending on the matchup over Jeff as well.

I forgot about Curry and Parker. Those are the only ones I would definitely take over Teague. A lot of it is system however and I think a lot of guys would look really good in our offense. If you can score and pass to some degree you'll look nice. Teague is right there with Lawson and Rose and to a lesser extent Lillard and Conley. I don't like Wall at all.

• Moderators

There was a lot of summer and pre-season discussion on this board about Dennis already being better than Teague. Geez. That's not looking so good is it?

Every player has some weaknesses. Teague is ballin. He's scoring different ways. He's hitting his guys with good passes. Just because he's not throwing behind the back or high traffic bounce passes doesn't mean he isn't a good distributor.