• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rockets Want Millsap Badly

GameTime

• Premium Member

If we part with Millsap and gain Asik we become a worse team Right now IMO. Paul is usually a decent rebounder but not great. Asik on the other hand does zero offensively. This trade would need to include something else that helps us down the road. I really am not a huge fan of Asik but if you have the right pieces around him I think he would be a nice complementary piece. And I sure as hell don't want to bail Houston out of his contract and I'm sure Danny boy doesn't either.

I think that's just it though. Danny only has a few shots at a legitimate Center. There's Asik and there's Gortat in the offseason. I think he's learned that money doesn't always get what you want. There's been a big to do about getting Asik for Millsap. I saw an interesting proposal utilizing Deng to Houston. If Jones is the guy in Houston, getting a guy like Deng who plays headed defense and can score may be the trick to us getting Asik. Chicago doesn't want the contract... so they take back DMC and Lou (Just calling out names).. we get Asik. Then we roll Paul to SF in our big lineup and we play based on matchup.

It was an interesting proposal, I just don't know how true it was.

If it were just Millsap for Asik, I would be hesitant too. Then I look and see a guy like Drummond coming around. I say, we're going to have troubles if we don't get a big.

• Like 1

I am not against the Sap for Asik trade. I am just against doing it straight up. Regardless of how Morey value Asik. The reality of it all is Asik trade value is went down quite a bit since the summer. When everyone said Rockets should have traded him. With Asik poor year,poor attitude and switching agents. Rockets will need to sweaten any deal now in order to get Sap from the Hawks.

Edited by Braves

According to my friend who has insider knowledge the Hawks ownership feels he(Milsap)is too valuable to trade away right now. But who knows what Ferry will decide. I definitely would want something else added in to make the trade more appealing. I doubt Jones would be an option to add in but that would be great. Maybe they want him bad enough to make an offer they couldn't refuse

According to my friend who has insider knowledge the Hawks ownership feels he(Milsap)is too valuable to trade away right now. But who knows what Ferry will decide. I definitely would want something else added in to make the trade more appealing. I doubt Jones would be an option to add in but that would be great. Maybe they want him bad enough to make an offer they couldn't refuse

The Hawks have been using Paul in marketing deals lately. The "win a trip to London" contest has Paul give a message on the phone when you sign up. So yeah, the non-basketball side of things likes Paul. Those shouldn't matter for basketball decisions, but unfortunately they do.The A$G seem to be meddling in operations still, but this appears to be getting better ever since Junior has been out of sight. Levenson was chilling at mid-court last night and was pretty animated throughout the game.

Why people hate the Rockets so much?

cause they are mad that dwight choose to sign with them instead of us. it doesnt really make sense to me. it was well known he had little interest in signing with us in the first place.

I say do the move that benefits the hawks regardless who else it helps.

Edited by yungsta

I read about this rumor....would not be shocked if it's true. I wish the hawks could get gortat over the off season and just keep milsap.

It'd have to be a 2015 first cause rules prohibit teams from trading 1st round picks in back to back years (we had the Rockets 2013 pick), so that first wouldn't be as valuable... Keep Millsap and screw the Rockets. Asik isn't worth it.

No you can trade your 1st round pick every year, as long as you wait until after the draft to trade the following years pick. But the rockets aren't giving up Asik, Jones and a 2014 1st anyway.
  • Like 1

No you can trade your 1st round pick every year, as long as you wait until after the draft to trade the following years pick. But the rockets aren't giving up Asik, Jones and a 2014 1st anyway.

Yeah I'm sure they won't give up all 3 of those. I just think it should be asik and jones for milsap, honestly I think a multi team trade will happen and we will get our wish of being able to move milsap to the 3, horford to the 4, asik at the 5 but we will have to give up somebody like Lou in the deal.

I do agree it's not the likeliest outcome but it was speaking more to the point of DF has to get everything he can get out of the deal before he accepts any deal. Saps value is the highest it's gonna be as a Hawk right now and anybody who's watched the Rockets for more than 5 minutes knows they have a serious problem at the 4 and in the west that's the worst possible problem you can have.

Asik is a glorified backup center that did well in Chicago because of DRose.

Asik is a good player. Millsap's just better.

I would most certainly not do Millsap straight up for Asik. No way. But if we could leech some more assets away or involve a third team to get a bunch more assets that'd be sick.

Asik isn't that good period. And I don't think that Al can carry a team. So no to the Asik trade.

Milsap and Horford wont win us anything. So why not fill a need ? We would need another player to score, but we need that now anyways.

Sap for Asik woul be a good trade.....for Houston.

That said, I really don't see Sap as a part of our team's longterm future. He's very good but not getting any younger. He's perfect to trade to a "win now" team like the Rockets...but we need to get more. Problem is - the teams that are in range to win now usually don't have good enough draft pick position. About the last thing we need is a 20+ first round pick in the draft to park in Europe or the D-League.

Of course if D.F.'s plan is to use Sap in a trade - we don't want to wait until he gets injured (knocking on wood).

To be precise...my opinion is..."not sure"....but don't quote me on that.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1