• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lou Williams can't play anymore

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

When was the last time you saw that from Lou Williams??? Which is my point!

Just last season before he tore his ACL??? You can't win with serious injuries nowadays. Either you bust your hump in rehab in an attempt to come back 'early' and get bashed for not being 100%, or you stay out until you are 100% the player you were before the injury and get bashed for being selfish or scared. RG3, D. Rose, and Lou should remind everyone why ACL tears were once deemed a potential 'career ending' injury. It takes a long time to fully recover. Just because a guy like A Peterson comes back from an ACL tear and has a monster season does not mean everyone else will recover as quickly. D. Rose probably should've stayed out even longer than he did. He probably injured his other knee trying to overcompensate.

Edited by hawkman

• Premium Member

Shouldn't be playing this much. Mistake by Bud.

By the way, he played A LOT of PG tonight again, over 20 minutes, even with Jeff on he floor. He had only 4 assists for 3 turnovers, 6 points on 2-6 shooting.to show for it. He doesn't deserve the minutes.

He's not ready. I'm not simply advocating trading him, but I would be playing Dennis over him. Dennis has the potential of being way more important than Lou in the future.

I think Williams needs somewhat of a "minutes restriction" also I would like us to pick up an FA at the shooting guard spot. But if Ferry doesn't see that it would improve the team, then obviously more minutes should be given to Schröder or perhaps cunningham.

Edited by AustralianHawksFan

Yeaaaahhhh he uhhhh....he doesn't fit with Buds system. Don't get me wrong I like the guy and I'm not even talking about the fact that he's playing poorly, I'm just saying his style of play does not work with Bud and I for one am getting sick of seeing him over dribble and not even attempt to attack the goal like Teague! I can't believe this but Teague and Mack are better than Lou because they fit better with this spurs like system. I thought Lou could be our ginobli but I see right now that Lou is better fitted with a Larry Drew offense. Sorry I know we have some Lou lovers mainly because he's the only one that can create his own shot but thats worth losing if we can trade for someone who fits this team!I would package Lou+Brand+DMC and see what I can get if I were Ferry.

Sad thing is I don't see many alternatives right now. Scott can't soak up any backcourt minutes, Kyle is already maxed out and Jeffrey is in need of a reduction himself as opposed to any increase. Mack could probably stand to see a bump but after that you're stuck with having to give ~15 minutes to test if Schröder, Nunnally and Cunningham are NBA caliber players as opposed to letting Louis work his way back into one... I don't see how that could possibly be any less ugly in the interim.

• Admin

Sad thing is I don't see many alternatives right now. Scott can't soak up any backcourt minutes, Kyle is already maxed out and Jeffrey is in need of a reduction himself as opposed to any increase. Mack could probably stand to see a bump but after that you're stuck with having to give ~15 minutes to test if Schröder, Nunnally and Cunningham are NBA caliber players as opposed to letting Louis work his way back into one... I don't see how that could possibly be any less ugly in the interim.

We should not have released Martin.

• Admin

Lou is not contributing...actually he has really been hurting us everytime he steps on the court.

His shot selection is poor, he is putting up A LOT of shots but it is at a .368 clip and he is not driving to the basket.

He likes to handle the ball but doesn't like to pass that much

From a defensive perspective it has always been a problem since he is so undersized...he can't guard these bigger shooting guards (everyone is bigger)....and so it was his sparkplug Offense that allowed for the team to overlook his defense. Well that offense has dissappeared....

It would be better just to sit him until he can prove in practice that he can still contribute.

There has to be some other min options out there that can contribute...Lou certainly isn't

He should not be in the game.

I'm still scratching my head over that one. Martin played well when he was in there. Don't see what more they could realistically ask for a bench guard/forward.

Well he's clearly not a piece for the future so why not try Nunnally to see what he can be?

• Moderators

I'm still scratching my head over that one. Martin played well when he was in there. Don't see what more they could realistically ask for a bench guard/forward.

I'm not getting it either. Seemed like a pretty good defender and can shoot a legit 40% from 3. Usually that keeps you in the league. Glad he got picked up. I think 2-2 on 3s in his first game with Chicago.

I'm not getting it either. Seemed like a pretty good defender and can shoot a legit 40% from 3. Usually that keeps you in the league. Glad he got picked up. I think 2-2 on 3s in his first game with Chicago.

Count me in the "I don't understand" category as well. Cartier had a nice swagger about him. Hell, I'll take Captain Kirk back from the Bulls instead of Louis. I do know Shredder isn't the answer right now. All I remember is the game where Bud tried to put him in for the first time after the D League stint but he turned over the inbounds pass. Bud re-benched him before the play ended. Edited by benhillboy