• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pick Your Target....

Diesel

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin

No chance at Monroe as he will want a lot of $$$ .... I expect Detroit to sign and trade him somewhere .... his horrible defense doesn't appeal to me anyway.

I like Gortat if we don't have to overpay for him.

Hawes has a nice offensive game but I wouldn't want to pay a lot for him...however with his career year he will get overpaid somewhere.

Kamen is slow slow slow....

Don't know anything about Allen

• Like 1

• Moderators

All these guys would be targets, but at the right price point. It is like doing a fantasy auction - you can't lock in on a guy without knowing how the bidding is going to go so you have to explore all the options and see where they are priced. None of these guys is a max player.

I'm all over Gortat at the right price for this offense. 9 out of 10 players who come here would improve signifigantly. His offense would be near All-Star level and defense solid by mid-December.

Edited by benhillboy

I want a SG or a SF in the FA. I would look for a center via trade or if he is very cheap. Kaman would be cheap but he is injured very often and is soft. I don't know if that's what we are searching...

What about Emeka Okafor?? After his injury, he could be cheap and if we are lucky, he could contribute

Lance Stephenson is my #1 target.

• Moderators

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1939991-why-chris-bosh-could-be-biggest-flight-risk-for-miami-heat-big-3-in-free-agency

Obviously just an opinion. But Bosh is damn good, has championship experience, fits nicely and isn't even 30. We'd have to pay but Horford / Bosh up front is pretty sweet. Don't know if Milsap would work as a 3 but maybe. Or make some trades. I'd rather have the elite scoring wing but if not Bosh, Horford and a lesser two like Afflalo is serious. Especially when you throw in korver, dmc, millsap, teague.

Bosh and Wade are two players I've never liked too much but have mighty, HOF respect for, especially after Bosh sang the praises of our "immaculate short roll". With that said I'm adamant that our starting center be a rugged rebounder. That's not Chris. I don't want to pay big money to a 5 to stretch the floor while he's missing on the glass. I'd rather start Pero and throw that money at the stud 2.

Edited by benhillboy

LaVoy Allen is likely. Kaman probably won't leave LA. Hawes will get paid in Cleveland. Monroe and Gortat will get paid on their teams. The Hawks are full of crap. No damn future, no damn future. Melo ain't coming. Who is?

With last season's drafted center coming, with Horford well again

and we add in our current rookie center and our 2nd round center,

we must have other needs more pressing.

Some of those centers are not THAT much better than our rookie

especially when you thing of how much $$$$ they cost compared to

our already signed centers.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Gray Mule is right. We wouldn't really need one if a healthy Bebe comes along.

My pick for the poll's sake would be Hawes. He's the only one that fits our system nicely. Any center that would clog the lane wouldn't be as successful IMO

Edited by BrazilianHawk

• Moderators

[*]Greg Monroe - More of a PF than a center. Detroit will match any offer for him, so no.

[*]Marcin Gortat - Looking for his payday too, but will be the cheaper of the three options. Oldest guy too, so not someone we'd sign looking to build for the future.

[*]Spencer Hawes - The best option, but another guy looking for a payday. Best fit for the Hawks since he can step back and hit a three. Tallest guy mentioned at 7'1". Might be a SnT probable with Millsap going out for Hawes and early 2nd round pick. As long as he doesn't want the max, I say heck ya. Plus, the fine state Georgia loves proud Republicans like Hawes. I see a lot of typos in the future of HS talking about Spencer Hawks.

C - Spencer Hawes

PF - Al Horford

SF - DMC

SG - KK

PG - Teague

That lineup makes us better and Hawes is only 25. Then we could go shopping for a SG and/or SF.