• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Lance Stephenson Mega Thread

GameTime

• Moderators

I don't get the attitude comment. Don't understand what's wrong with fire, it's not like he is pouting and talking back at coaches, he is showing passion. Is there something I'm missing?

I agree. It's not like Arenas threatening team mates with a gun or Allen "Practice?!?" Iverson. It's more of a Rasheed Wallace-type of attitude. Passion that gets him into trouble with the refs.

• Moderators

If Ferry and Bud takes a chance on him, I will assume they have done their due diligence so I 'll be good with it. If he doesn't I'm good with that too.

And you can be guaranteed that neither the ASG nor Ferry are going to break the bank on the guy, so if he comes here, you have to assume that the contract will be reasonable for a trip-dub starter. Some where around $7-8 mil.

We will not have the money to sign any significant FA this summer after signing our draft picks we will be at about 50 million with 11 players. We will need to add atleast two more players with just 8 million to play with. I don't think 7-8 million is getting you Gortat, Pau Gasol, or Lance Stephenson.

Trading Millsap, Lou, or Teague is our best shot at getting a player the caliber of Stephenson, Gortat, or Gasol but you take the risk of creating a hole by trading such assets.

We will not have the money to sign any significant FA this summer after signing our draft picks we will be at about 50 million with 11 players. We will need to add atleast two more players with just 8 million to play with. I don't think 7-8 million is getting you Gortat, Pau Gasol, or Lance Stephenson.

Trading Millsap, Lou, or Teague is our best shot at getting a player the caliber of Stephenson, Gortat, or Gasol but you take the risk of creating a hole by trading such assets.

We need some more effin money.

• Premium Member

Really? If that's true, then we'll probably have the exact same team next year?

$47.9 million is where we'll be with guaranteed salaries. The cap this season is $58.6 mil. So that leaves $10.7 mil.

A #15 lottery pick will get about $2 million plus cap holds and all the other stuff I have no idea about.

I think unless Lou balls out in the playoffs DF will look to move him and his $5 mil expiring contract - I'll take a 2nd round pick to just free up the money.

I think Ferry is looking to the 2015 free agency class - tons more than this offseason.

Indy added Evan Turner, RFA, as insurance if Stephenson leaves and/or his price is to high. At least one of them is almost guaranteed to go given Indy's cap problems.

I see Turner getting at most a Korver type deal; and Lance getting Teague like money, 8 to 10 million. Like I said, one of them has to go. Depending on what positional player we draft, I don't have a problem with getting either if the price is right.

Edited by Buzzard

• Admin

I no longer think Stephenson is worth the investment...he has impressed me with his talent but all the stuff coming out about him being a locker room problem and it seems his teammates do not like him. Sounds like if you make him the main man he would be even worse.

Stephenson had a fight with GHill previously and another with Evan Turner before G1.

Turner had a nasty cut on his neck during G1 that I asked about during in the in game chat - now I know what that was.

Lance is losing himself some $$$$.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I say go after spencer hawes, trade Lou to free up that money, and with the 15th pick sign a sg that fits buds scheme.

By the way hawes is only making 4mil right now and we could probably get away with signing him for 7m.

Owners are probably to conservative; but if the right free agent ( opportunity ) showed interest we could always amnesty Lou. If you think about it, 6 million for one season is no where near as bad as being on the hook for a Gilbert Arenas.

So all you Lance fans still want to squawk (cause we're on hawksquawk, pun is allowed) about how we should sign a guy more worried about fighting his own teammate than winning playoff games?

After the Wojo report sign me off of the bandwagon.

Rudy Gay for 4/40?

rudyblog.jpg

Shot 48% with Sacramento. Went to the line 5-6 times a game which is an above average clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7StOxzYHUlc

Edited by GameTime

I say go after spencer hawes, trade Lou to free up that money, and with the 15th pick sign a sg that fits buds scheme.

By the way hawes is only making 4mil right now and we could probably get away with signing him for 7m.

Edited by GameTime