• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Lance Stephenson Mega Thread

GameTime

• Premium Member

What was that pacers small forward that we tried to sign back when that pacers team went to the Finals? Anyone beside me old enough to remember that? I can't for the life of me remember that guy's name but the pacers overpaid him like crazy because he had a good playoff run. Then they absolutely regretted that deal the entire length of it because he just wasn't good.

What was that pacers small forward that we tried to sign back when that pacers team went to the Finals? Anyone beside me old enough to remember that? I can't for the life of me remember that guy's name but the pacers overpaid him like crazy because he had a good playoff run. Then they absolutely regretted that deal the entire length of it because he just wasn't good.

@Sothron Derrick McKey? That's the 1 st name I thought of - not sure though. Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

@Sothron Derrick McKey? That's the 1 st name I thought of - not sure though.

No, it was some white guy that had three point range and was a tweener forward but was mostly a SF. I actually think we might have signed him to a RFA deal the Pacers matched. This was the 2000 or so Pacers.

This. Lance is definitely a better player, if nothing else he is a good defender but the situation is just eerily familiar to me.

In your original post about Croshere you said he had a good playoff run - that is not even similar to Lance. Once Indy inserted Lance in starting lineup with Granger out he has excelled, since last season into this season. There was also talk of Lance getting ASG snub this year.

• Premium Member

In your original post about Croshere you said he had a good playoff run - that is not even similar to Lance. Once Indy inserted Lance in starting lineup with Granger out he has excelled, since last season into this season. There was also talk of Lance getting ASG snub this year.

The other part of is the same though: Pacer small forward kinda comes out of nowhere to be a good player but with question marks and other teams, like the Hawks, try to sign him to a big deal. In Austin Croshere case the Pacers kept us from our own mistake.

The other part of is the same though: Pacer small forward kinda comes out of nowhere to be a good player but with question marks and other teams, like the Hawks, try to sign him to a big deal. In Austin Croshere case the Pacers kept us from our own mistake.

Lance always had the talent though. The questions were always about his behavior. Croshere not so much talent.

I just not see the correlation between the two.

Damn this thread lit up in less than 24 hours. I see you Gametime with the crazy after-hours posting. I often wake up in the middle of the night to wee morning with a thought to post.

As big as sports message boards have gotten, I'm sure someone with the Hawks follows us, being the premier destination for Hawks banter and all. I know Ferry could at least check us out during lunch every once in a while, get some laughs, and some good ideas. Whatever he does in the way of our swingman, we know it'll be done with stealth, hopefully at the expense of another GM. The Nets deal didn't work out like we wanted, but at least he gave it possibility. He seemed to be the only person on the planet who forsaw their struggles.

Edited by benhillboy

@Colin

Doubt Parsons gets away from Houston

Hayward is ok, but he is only shooting 41% this year. He is the main go to guy, but only scores 16ppg? meh

Lance is 23 year old and is a triple double threat that shoots 49% with mass potential. I don't get why you would like Hayward over him.

Edited by ISO
  • Like 3

Monta Ellis and efficient ? Lmao times have changed

Monta is having a good season in Dallas - he isn't called upon to be the man and take over the offense. He plays within a well more defined role.