• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

First round lost, not expecting any legit signings. What a waste of a season.

NBASupes

Guest Zone

I'm not even excited about the offseason. Shoring up this team with more midtier players and randoms won't get this team anywhere.

Hopefully Atlanta can find a starter at the 15th pick because god knows we need one.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Honestly, I feel sorry for you guys. We lost, we blew it, tot were right. If this team is really that painful to watch, stop being a fan. If you're tired of seeing the Hawks lose, stop watching them. For us to do what we did was impressive and it's only going to get better.

We are going to be fine. The refs and league got their matchup and will help the Pacers past the Wizards also probably so they can play the Heat. Time to go into anti Heat mode.

• Like 1

Acquiring talent that fits what we are doing? - not worried. Thats easier to do than hiring the right coach and building team chemistry

You guys always say this and we rarely if ever do this.

What role player will Danny Ferry select with the 15th pick or whatever it is? I hope they ride the bench as good as Dennis and John Jenkins does.

LOL, you know it will be a role player. This was not the draft to miss on a top 10 pick. The role players in this draft is deep but we do not need any more role players. We need more Tony Parkers and Tim Duncans than Patty Mills and Tiago Splitters.

• Moderators

Supes, the Atlanta Hawks' #1 fanemy.

There is tons to be happy on the Hawks and Danny is NOT a failure. Pero would not have played much in this series if Horf was healthy. We are a team on the rise. Coaching staff is set. Teague is our PG of the future. We have Horford. KK, Scott, and DMC are great guys for the bench. Schröder and Mack round off our PG rotation. As far as I can see, we have about 6 open roster spots for Danny to tweak.

• Like 3

I'm not even excited about the offseason. Shoring up this team with more midtier players and randoms won't get this team anywhere.

Hopefully Atlanta can find a starter at the 15th pick because god knows we need one.

LaVigne!

This really is a very talented draft class but the amount of instant starters in this class is small. I see like maybe four of them.

Randle

Parker

Wiggins

and Embiid

Everyone else is backups at this stage and maybe situational starters.

Supes, the Atlanta Hawks' #1 fanemy.

There is tons to be happy on the Hawks and Danny is NOT a failure. Pero would not have played much in this series if Horf was healthy. We are a team on the rise. Coaching staff is set. Teague is our PG of the future. We have Horford. KK, Scott, and DMC are great guys for the bench. Schröder and Mack round off our PG rotation. As far as I can see, we have about 6 open roster spots for Danny to tweak.

Jeff is what he is. He had a great matchup and once that matchup was gone, so was Jeff. Sap just don't have an all around skill-set. His defense was meh at best especially in the Game 6 and 7.

I love Horf as much as the next man but Horf at C has limitations. More than sorry Pero at Center. We need to come to grips we need to make real changes. I am glad we had some positive showing but this was more of a great coaching of Bud than our unimpressive talent.

• Premium Member

You do know things about basketball supes..some of your talent evaluation posts are spot on.

That said, you are all over the place with the Hawks. Disguising yourself as Leadership, dropping more posts than I have in 7 years in like 3 weeks about how much you love Ferry..then becoming a Hornets fan.

Fast forward, you start hating the Hawks again, then really hating the Hawks. Just be consistent. Most of us know what we need to do to improve. Most of us are proud because we actually have a good coach and GM in place.

I'm not happy we lost but I can see that our future is bright.

• Like 4

Jeff is what he is. He had a great matchup and once that matchup was gone, so was Jeff. Sap just don't have an all around skill-set. His defense was meh at best especially in the Game 6 and 7.

I love Horf as much as the next man but Horf at C has limitations. More than sorry Pero at Center. We need to come to grips we need to make real changes. I am glad we had some positive showing but this was more of a great coaching of Bud than our unimpressive talent.

David West owned Paul for the most part.

• Like 1

You do know things about basketball supes..some of your talent evaluation posts are spot on.

That said, you are all over the place with the Hawks. Disguising yourself as Leadership, dropping more posts than I have in 7 years in like 3 weeks about how much you love Ferry..then becoming a Hornets fan.

Fast forward, you start hating the Hawks again, then really hating the Hawks. Just be consistent. Most of us know what we need to do to improve. Most of us are proud because we actually have a good coach and GM in place.

I'm not happy we lost but I can see that our future is bright.

It's all about putting a great product on the floor. This would have been a swept team if they played Miami than Indy.

• Premium Member

We have the offseason to see what Ferry can do. This season showed some promise and that was without our best player most of the season including the playoffs. I can see teams being interested in a good young HC and a team that doesn't quit but still lacks a viable number one option.

• Like 3

This delusional talk has to end. Why is it a crime to expect a legit performance from your roster. I never understand why fans expect less than a championship team on the court or trying to do anything to get there. Go to the Falcons or Braves forum, see if they are just happy playing average.

What do you want them to do!? The Falcons and Braves are expected to win it all because they have the players to do so. How happy do you think Pacers fans were during this series? I bet some of them are still mad it took 7 games to finish us off. Our "talent level", as you would put it, is on par with the Bobcats yet we played 7 games without our best player (to be fair, Jefferson's injury killed their hopes). You asked for a legit performance, you got one.

Contenders aren't built in 2 minutes. What Ferry's started is not the finished product, whatever his plan is. If you want this team to be contenders, you're never going to enjoy the journey it takes to get there.

Bud has done great his first season, and there's no doubt in my mind we will do better next season.

• Like 2

David West owned Paul for the most part.

For real, this is the same David West that Al be whooping his ass.

Sap can drive to the hole and create is own offense unlike Al but Sap isn't that talented even if he is skilled.

Sap deserved to be an All Star but he's tradable for the right price. Hell, Horf is tradble for the right price but the right price probably isn't available for Horf so it doesn't matter.

We have the offseason to see what Ferry can do. This season showed some promise and that was without our best player most of the season including the playoffs. I can see teams being interested in a good young HC and a team that doesn't quit but still lacks a viable number one option.

Now that we have the scheme of Bud's offense, we need to fit the team with the philosophy in mind.

• Like 1

What about Paul George owning Korver? I know Korver is the untouchable, golden boy and all..... just saying.

Come on breh, you knew coming in PG was going to own Korver. That's a complete mismatch. We knew we were losing that matchup. But Lance owned Korver and DMC as well. We gotta upgrade DMC. I would love Jabari Parker but... yeah...

It's all about putting a great product on the floor. This would have been a swept team if they played Miami than Indy.

The Hawks did have somethings in their favor. Indy has chemistry issues and the Hawks have played them well the last several years. But they still lost at the end.

• Like 1