• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why is everyone writing off Lou Williams?

HawkItus

Sweet Lou is a star...

You are exactly right on the ACL...

Plus, no pre-season or summer camp...

Didn't know Bud's system intuitively...

Plus, wasn't explosive. Lou a finisher...

A healthy, integrated Lou is a weapon...

Plus, salary is good fit...

Who beat Miami to even get to playoffs?

Who kept Hawks in Game 6?

Lou bigtime...he rises to occassion...

While others faded...

Huge mistake to move Lou, cant get comparable...

• Moderators

In his defense....

Bear in mind that as bad as he was last season, he was more efficient as a scorer and had a better A/TO ratio than Teague.  If he steps it up in terms of health next year, he can definitely be an asset.  I definitely would not write him off (and of course he will be very tradeable if he bounces back).  The biggest challenges with him are the ball-stopping and defense.  

[Not in his defense, he scared the bejesus out of me watching him on the floor during the playoffs.]

Let me ask you guys this without starting a new thread.

-Since Lou didn't get to work with coach bud last off season in training camp do you think that's a reason he wasn't really fitting in buds scheme?

-If Lou is kept does he have the BBIQ to learn buds scheme?

-If Lou learns buds scheme can he be our patty mills like player?

If Lou isn't around next season, I fear when the second unit comes in because there won't be a player to score. Lou is our only legit threat to put the ball in the basket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

If Lou isn't around next season, I fear when the second unit comes in because there won't be a player to score. Lou is our only legit threat to put the ball in the basket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not true if we improve our starting core and move Korver and DMC to the bench.

Let me ask you guys this without starting a new thread.

-Since Lou didn't get to work with coach bud last off season in training camp do you think that's a reason he wasn't really fitting in buds scheme?

-If Lou is kept does he have the BBIQ to learn buds scheme?

-If Lou learns buds scheme can he be our patty mills like player?

yes. He basically had a Chad Johnson for the patriots kinda year. Let him have time. Plus its his last year. Lets see.what hes got

• Premium Member

The problem we have with Lou is the problem we have with Jenkins. You really need a Shaun Livingston or a Point Forward type on the floor with them. I think that's why DF was so intrigued with Anderson in the draft.

In evaluating Lou, I think there might be too much of what-have-you-done-for-me-lately. He's a very good spark off the bench, and Bud publicly spoke of his desire to use Lou in that role. And I'm just not confident that you're going to find a team at the moment that's going to assign any value him in a trade. He's got to show he's fully recovered first.

Edited by sturt

The problem we have with Lou is the problem we have with Jenkins. You really need a Shaun Livingston or a Point Forward type on the floor with them. I think that's why DF was so intrigued with Anderson in the draft.

In evaluating Lou, I think there might be too much of what-have-you-done-for-me-lately. He's a very good spark off the bench, and Bud publicly spoke of his desire to use Lou in that role. And I'm just not confident that you're going to find a team at the moment that's going to assign any value him in a trade. He's got to show he's fully recovered first.

Whoa! Jenkins can play SG on D in time. It's Lou who can't. He was at his best when he had Jrue Holiday defending SG's while Lou played SG on offense. Lou is not a PG. He's a SG but he can't defend SG's. Jenkins defense is bad period but when he's on, his offense can be a monster like his rookie year.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

• Premium Member

No clearly detectable difference in our opinions. Maybe you have greater hope for Jenkins' future, and maybe you will be right, in time. But for now, both are capable of having monster offensive games, assuming Lou gets back to trusting his knee and regains his form, and both would benefit from either playing opposite a taller PG (like you said) or having a point forward in the mix.

Again, I just don't see a market for Lou until the season starts... and largely for the reason just stated.

Lou Williams is a player from like the Iverson era... For where the NBA is going... He just seems like a bit of an outdated player. You can make use of him, but he is not really what you want when you're trying to build a team with unselfish players.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

No clearly detectable difference in our opinions. Maybe you have greater hope for Jenkins' future, and maybe you will be right, in time. But for now, both are capable of having monster offensive games, assuming Lou gets back to trusting his knee and regains his form, and both would benefit from either playing opposite a taller PG (like you said) or having a point forward in the mix.

Again, I just don't see a market for Lou until the season starts... and largely for the reason just stated.

The biggest difference is Lou pounds the ball too much on offense. Not what we want.

• Premium Member

Because he is an undersized shooting guard. He is a terrible defender and when he is in there we have an undersized backcourt and it's the advantage to the opposing teams shooting guard. Also, he takes bad shots

And commits a lot of turnovers... 

In his defense....

Bear in mind that as bad as he was last season, he was more efficient as a scorer and had a better A/TO ratio than Teague.  If he steps it up in terms of health next year, he can definitely be an asset.  I definitely would not write him off (and of course he will be very tradeable if he bounces back).  The biggest challenges with him are the ball-stopping and defense.  

[Not in his defense, he scared the bejesus out of me watching him on the floor during the playoffs.]

You say that like Jeff was in the right role or something. Both players can be moved.