• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Luol Deng spoke with Bud on Thursday (Ferry is about to make a move)

Diesel

I'm really intrigued by thabo and Deng together. Can't say how it would turn out, but we'd have some interesting wing combinations to throw at teams.

Our 2nd unit could be one of the better ones in the league.

• Moderators

No you're stating what a tiny but loud group of Hawks fans think.

The same group of Hawks fans that haven't changed their opinion of the Hawks since the end of the Deke era. Same track played every year... No forward thinking or optimism at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I know that potential lineup doesn't seem amazing, but I don't know who in the east has a clearly better team than that.

We almost/should have beat Indy with a weaker team, Miami is not getting any better, especially with wade's body turning 75 next year.

Not that we would be handed anything, but that potential team could give anybody in the east a hard time.

Let me just ask you this: even if we get Deng, do you seriously think that Hawks team has a legit chance of winning a title? Be honest.

Winning a title No, but let's say the Hawks get Deng and say Dion Waiters via a trade from Cleveland then yes we would have a shot to make it to the ECF under coach Bud.  Sure it's not a sexy team, but try defending this team.

PG- Teague / Schröder 

SG- Waiters / Korver 

SF-  Deng / Sefolosha

PF-  Milshap / Payne

C-    Horford / Antić / Muscala 

I would also keep this mind...I think if we sign Deng, i'm hoping that it is a 2 year deal at around 8-10 million, simply because there is a man by the name of Kevin Durant that will be a free agent in 2016. I have to believe that is on Danny Ferry's mind when he is making his pitch to sign Deng.

Yeah like one night with Zoe Saldana is on my mind. We both can keep dreaming though.

Edited by Ruckus

Winning a title No, but let's say the Hawks get Deng and say Dion Waiters via a trade from Cleveland then yes we would have a shot to make it to the ECF under coach Bud. Sure it's not a sexy team, but try defending this team.

PG- Teague / Schröder

SG- Waiters / Korver

SF- Deng / Sefolosha

PF- Milshap / Payne

C- Horford / Antić / Muscala

Hell no to Waiters. He'd be one of the worst SGs we could trade for.

The same group of Hawks fans that haven't changed their opinion of the Hawks since the end of the Deke era. Same track played every year... No forward thinking or optimism at all.

It's hard to blame them. Most the feature players on the team are 30 or approaching 30 with no chance to do more than make the second round. It feels pointless to a lot of people.

A handful of years ago we had a young core that was not overly smart and now we have an older core that plays a smarter brand of ball, but the results are likely to be the same. That's the deal.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

How will we no longer have cap flexibility even if we sign Deng?

Estimated cap room for 2015: $67 million

Capspace for 2015:

Horford: 12 million

Deng: (Estimated: 11 million)

Teague: 8 million

Korver: 6.7 million

Thabo: 4 million

Payne: 1.3 million (or close?)

About 42 million in the books. We will have about 23-24 million to spend next year. We can get a max player next year.

@hawksfanatic tell me if I am wrong here. Don't want to give Squawk false hope lol

I think Korver and Payne are both off, but in opposite directions so they cancel out. Close enough for what we would be looking at.

And if they're like this about a game imagine how they must be about everything else in life

• Like 1

Let me just ask you this: even if we get Deng, do you seriously think that Hawks team has a legit chance of winning a title? Be honest.

Yes.

• Like 2

I just feel DMC/Thabo on the bench wastes their talent. They have to guard below average talent and they make our offense more stagnant than a Korver running these subpar bench players around off of screens. Korver would be the perfect 6th man for us. One of DMC/Thabo can be the "starter". It makes more sense to me.

Imagine putting Thabo/DMC/Deng on Bron. Goosebumps. Bron is gonna have to work against us.

Imagine the goosebumps the refs will get from all the extra coin they'll earn trying to keep the King in the game!