• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Luol Deng spoke with Bud on Thursday (Ferry is about to make a move)

Diesel

• Premium Member

Ferry's going to move.

Here's what caught my attention:

Deng is still in Europe and isn't expected to start meeting face-to-face with teams until next week but the Hawks were granted an early pitch.

There's two reason why we would be given an early pitch.

1.  We really like Deng and wanted to be the first to talk to him.

2.  We have a time sensitive move that we needed to make and we wanted to talk to Deng before we made that Move.

I believe that Ferry is in the space where he's not going to let Deng hold up his FA moves.  I suspect our movement of Salmons is soon to come.

• Premium Member

Beal said he had dinner in Los Angeles with Ariza, who has been courted by a number of teams beyond the Wizards, including the Lakers, the Clippers, Miami, Dallas, Utah, Cleveland and Phoenix.

“He’s kind of up in the air, but he loves D.C. for sure,” Beal said during a Wednesday phone interview. “We had a successful season this past season, and he’s a big reason why. He’s definitely considering coming back, and hopefully the front office can lure him back in so we can keep building on last season.”

I'm at the point now where if there's a rumor about a Danny Ferry move, that probably means it's false.   He's a ninja.

• Like 4

Have voiced that same opinion.  Maybe its a mis-direction play to cover his real plan?> 

Ninjas do toss out smoke bombs to cover their moves.  It's true.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I still think same starting 5 as last year even with Thabo and Deng.

How do y'all think lineup would look.

If Deng signs, then I'm thinking

Teague - Dennis - (Mack)

Korver - Sefolosha - Jenk

Deng - Carroll

Millsap - (Scott) - Payne

Horford - (Antić or Brand) - Muscala  

There are quite a few teams with a good amount of cap space who are waiting on Melo and Lebron. When those two make a decision Deng and others like him will get overpaid probably more than the guys who already agreed to contracts.

Ferry and Coach Bud are probably trying real hard to get an agreement with Deng asap so that doesn't happen, but I'm sure he will wait. Deng will be overpaid by whoever signs him so get ready for it.

• Like 1

Hawks were 3 mins from eliminating the #1 seed last year with that lineup, MINUS Horf, with Antić and DMC starting. So adding Horf back into the fold and Deng to that starting lineup where DMC could come off the bench would be a step back? I think not. That's a definite 2nd rounder and possible ECFs team. One big piece away (2015 FAcy?) from the Finals.

I agree - it's a solid team, that should be able to make it to the 2nd round. Don't sleep on our second round pick Lamar Patterson. He is actually pretty good, just not flashy a typical Spurs type player.

• Like 3

You know it's getting real interesting when Bob is getting into it. I'm sensing some real smoke here.  And now I'm THRILLED we gave Thabo 4 million as it means we aren't giving Deng anywhere near 12. I see no way we'd top 8ish at the most for him. 

Now if we could just flip Millsap for Noah we'd be Bulls south running the Spurs system.   

• Like 3