• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Luol Deng spoke with Bud on Thursday (Ferry is about to make a move)

Diesel

I would also keep this mind...I think if we sign Deng, i'm hoping that it is a 2 year deal at around 8-10 million, simply because there is a man by the name of Kevin Durant that will be a free agent in 2016.  I have to believe that is on Danny Ferry's mind when he is making his pitch to sign Deng. 

I would also keep this mind...I think if we sign Deng, i'm hoping that it is a 2 year deal at around 8-10 million, simply because there is a man by the name of Kevin Durant that will be a free agent in 2016. I have to believe that is on Danny Ferry's mind when he is making his pitch to sign Deng.

This is why we signed Thabo as a recruiting chip for KD!! I'm joking of course.

As everyone else has said, we'd be a pretty good defensive team just by simply having DMC, Thabo, and Deng. If we can't get an elite scorer like LeBron or Melo or other then we could at least neutralize them to an extent with defense. Quality defense means that our offense isn't going to have to be explosive all of the time.

I like Dolf's idea about Noah lol. Highly doubt the Bulls have any interest whatsoever in moving him but man if we could pair him up with his buddy Al then woohoo! Lol. 

Still a 1st round exit team. 

Delete your account, please.  Is there a way to ignore posters on here? 

Are you his agent? His gf? Please enlighten us to how you know it's gonna be no less than 10.

If Meeks signed for around $6M per year and Deng is twice the player he is why would he settle for $8M. Multiple teams are interested in him and I wouldn't be surprised if he was offered as high as $12M. Either way his range is $10-12M, maybe 9 if he wants to join a contender. Hawks offer lowball $8M per to Deng's agent and the talks die right then and there. Common sense.

Quality scouting report I found:

Luol Deng, F, Cleveland Cavaliers

Strengths: Versatile offensive weapon, able to create his own shot in the pick and roll, attack off the cut, and sneak inside for scoring opportunities. Solid-not-great perimeter shooter. Terrific defender who is two seasons removed from being arguably the best perimeter defender in basketball. Strong in the post, quick on the edge, and long enough to contain on the perimeter defensively. Savvy, intelligent player who raises the collective basketball IQ on the floor. Decent rebounder. Has long sought to disprove the idea that he's soft. Will play through any ailment he can without risking further injury. Tough as nails. 

Weaknesses: Endurance is a legitimate concern at his age after years of grueling, ridiculous minutes under Tom Thibodeau in Chicago. Not an elite shooter and could decline with age and injury. Not someone you lean on for offense anymore. Seeking major contract to finish his career. Despite accolades, failed to adjust to Cleveland and didn't make his teammates better. 

Analysis: Deng is everything several teams need. Houston, Oklahoma City, Miami for starters all need a player who combines his athleticism, toughness, defense, and scoring ability. The question is how much money he's going to demand and whether his best days are behind him. Deng is the ultimate role player in this free agency class.

Teague/Korver/Deng/Millsap/Horford

3 All-Stars/1 Borderline All-Star/Best shooter in the game. If Sefo or DMC could start at SG I would prefer that actually. Korver could be deadly as our 6th man.

I think (hope) that our last free agent move will be to get the last/best available Center still on the table.  I thought that AL may be fed up with this team - but it may be that they have assured him that he won't be doing center minutes any longer (Payne pick is a hint).

If AL is a straight PF and Millsap picks up some minutes at SF we could actually have a 10-deep team - all playing reasonable minutes under the same system.  No need for the "energy guy" off the bench (Lou).

I have a question. If we are able to snag Deng. Would we be able to get a big men like Jordan Hill using the MLE or nah?

Plus if Hawks sign Deng I'll take back the stuff I said about Thabo but we'll see 

Edited by PacManLogoFTW
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

You know it's getting real interesting when Bob is getting into it. I'm sensing some real smoke here.  And now I'm THRILLED we gave Thabo 4 million as it means we aren't giving Deng anywhere near 12. I see no way we'd top 8ish at the most for him. 

Now if we could just flip Millsap for Noah we'd be Bulls south running the Spurs system.   

I can see us offering Deng 4 yrs at 50 Million with a 3rd year TO.  This would give him an average close to 12..

Moreover, that team of:

Teague, Korver, Deng, Sap, Horf... would be monsters...

I have a question. If we are able to snag Deng. Would we be able to get a big men like Jordan Hill using the MLE or nah?

Plus if Hawks sign Deng I'll take back the stuff I said about Thabo but we'll see

Personally, I think Thabo will be part of the MLE once we are over the cap. We did that last year holding off making Carroll's signing official to offer further flexibility.

He averaged 19ppg with Chicago last season before being traded. I think he can pull similar numbers here.

He wouldn't get as many shots and minutes here. Thibodeau ran him into the ground. We could afford to only play him ~30 mpg. The most important thing would be keeping him healthy for the playoffs. 

Hawks were 3 mins from eliminating the #1 seed last year with that lineup, MINUS Horf, with Antić and DMC starting. So adding Horf back into the fold and Deng to that starting lineup where DMC could come off the bench would be a step back? I think not. That's a definite 2nd rounder and possible ECFs team. One big piece away (2015 FAcy?) from the Finals.

The Hawks were lucky that they were facing a team that was falling apart.

The Hawks were lucky that they were facing a team that was falling apart.

Falling apart all the way to the ECFs.......