Gordon Hayward Agrees to Offer Sheet With Hornets

• Premium Member

Jordan better hope that Utah matches to save him here, this is a big mistake. Hayward isn't the piece to put the Hornets over the top and that is too much of a commitment to a player like him.

• Premium Member

I think Heyward is a very good peice for them.  They needed shooting and somebody who can score and that's what they get.  Also, Hairston is going to be good (if you can keep him out of trouble).

So he will play for Hornets or Utah next year

So he wont play here

Edited by rd79

I think Heyward is a very good peice for them.  They needed shooting and somebody who can score and that's what they get.  Also, Hairston is going to be good (if you can keep him out of trouble).

He's a good piece but they're paying him like he's a star (he's just not that).  I'm not real sure how good a shooter he is.  He certainly had a very down year last season.  That deal for that player essentially ensures a ceiling on the success they can have IMO.

Also, there's no way they're keeping Hairston out of trouble so ...

inb4thamergeandmove

Awful deals like this impact everybody.  Can't imagine the agents for Deng, Stephenson, Ariza, etc. (who've all proven more on the court than Hayward) looking at this deal thinking their client should get less.

Probably strengthens pull of teams like LA, Dallas and others who have the space to offer max deals without roster manipulation.

Imagine the look on the ASG's face. Lmao

That's like paying Joe $20+ mil - who'd do that - oh wait.....the ASG?

It's not a matter of the ASG not spending the money, it's a matter of spending the right amount of money for the right players.