• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steve Koonin

Was on 92.9 The game(he's on every a Friday at around 5:40ish)

1. Nothing to report on the sale, lots of moving parts, still working.

2. Pleased with Dennis' progress - he's been eating a lot of Sauerkraut today (as a tribute to D) so don't walk behind him (lol)

3. The Hawks haven't played a complete game as yet but they are winning and playing tough in the 4th quarter which can only help later in the season.

4. He wants to give away 2 tickets to a game to be CEO for a game. Hang with him in the CEO suite etc - the contest to win the tickets happens next Friday when he's on air. The host will come up with the competition.

• Premium Member

Recognizing that they haven't played their best yet is impressive, he seems like a true fan. I'm sure he feels differently after tonight. Thabo had a good game, you know everyone else had to bring it.

A great game until the very end when they relaxed on defense and offense. Not critical since the lead was so big, but if we had played with the intensity we had at the beginning of the fourth through to the end we would have won by 20 + easy. Love the defense this team has played when the game has been on the line in the fourth quarter this season. Gonna be a fun game tomorrow.

A great game until the very end when they relaxed on defense and offense. Not critical since the lead was so big, but if we had played with the intensity we had at the beginning of the fourth through to the end we would have won by 20 + easy. Love the defense this team has played when the game has been on the line in the fourth quarter this season. Gonna be a fun game tomorrow.

The looks on the faces of the Heat bench show you that they don't think we relaxed. Spo and his staff were dumbfounded at how we ran their defense ragged. Bosh was a fan of our screen and roll game last year, even moreso after today.

There's always a surge by a blown out team during the last 4 minutes. Without Shawne Williams and Deng getting uncharacteristically hot, it would've been 25 easy. The Cavs are gonna be embarrassed, Blatt is going to be a deer in headlights trying to keep up with Bud's subs and adjustments.

• Premium Member

The looks on the faces of the Heat bench show you that they don't think we relaxed. Spo and his staff were dumbfounded at how we ran their defense ragged. Bosh was a fan of our screen and roll game last year, even moreso after today.

There's always a surge by a blown out team during the last 4 minutes. Without Shawne Williams and Deng getting uncharacteristically hot, it would've been 25 easy. The Cavs are gonna be embarrassed, Blatt is going to be a deer in headlights trying to keep up with Bud's subs and adjustments.

Good points here.... Hopefully you're right about tomorrow;  would love to spank Leflop lol

• 10 months later...

BEST JOB TURNING AROUND A SPORTS TEAM

Steve Koonin

CPHoHXhWwAA-cQO.jpg

Prior to the 2014-15 NBA season, the Atlanta Hawks were in a dire state of affairs. Then-co-owner Bruce Levenson’s old racist emails surfaced, prompting him to place the team up for sale, and general manager Danny Ferry’s racist remarks about NBA forward Luol Deng forced him into exile and ultimately cost him his job. Amid the firestorm, Hawks CEO Steve Koonin somehow navigated the franchise through a candid public apology tour, hired the NBA’s first-ever chief diversity and inclusion officer, and slowly built back trust within the organization. He even embraced the help of T.I. in team PSAs and stepped aside for a night to let 2 Chainz serve as CEO. As Koonin led the effort to mend the damage from the front-office scandal, something else happened: The Hawks started winning. And not just a few games. They won 60 games, becoming the first NBA team to ever go undefeated for an entire calendar month, and ended with the franchise’s best season record in its history. The Hawks, which were swept in the Eastern Conference Finals and then sold to new owners, have a promising future ahead, in no small part due to Koonin’s guidance. www.nba.com/hawks.

http://clatl.com/atlanta/best-job-turning-around-a-sports-team/BestOf?oid=15352066

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Get ready @kg01...you may finally meet the man of your dreams.

The man of my dreams is a  6'8" 235lb defensive wiz slash 3pt marksman wearing a Hawks jersey checking in at SF.

Ooh la la.  Where's a 'do want' gif when i need it?

You know yall want it too.

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The man of my dreams is a  6'8" 235lb defensive wiz slash 3pt marksman wearing a Hawks jersey checking in at SF.

Me too but unfortunately Kawhi is locked up as a Spur and Scottie Pippen is prolly swiping right with his wife as we speak.

29 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Me too but unfortunately Kawhi is locked up as a Spur and Scottie Pippen is prolly swiping right with his wife as we speak.

I thought he was talking about Marvin Gaye Williams.

13 hours ago, kg01 said:

You want to date Smoove?