• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

They're 5-4 in a really weak conference.

My point is that they have been in every game except this cavs game tonight and that's including a close game against the champs.

I can easily blame the refs for 2 of the hawks losses so far, maybe 3 including that raptors game

Some teams are better than us, obviously. Some nights those teams will completely outclass us. If they're also extraordinarily hot from 3 on those nights then it's going to be a miserable game. I'm not sure any team would have beaten the Cavs tonight. Seriously. They won't shoot that well again this season. 

The defense on Korver was a bit worrisome. Hopefully that doesn't start a bad trend for us. 

My point is that they have been in every game except this cavs game tonight and that's including a close game against the champs.

I can easily blame the refs for 2 of the hawks losses so far, maybe 3 including that raptors game

It's always bad luck or the refs fault.

This team is not very good. It wasn't good last year and it's not much better this year.

I'm not impressed with millionaire athletes play tough in losses. They get paid millions to play hard. 

What I care about is wins.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

It's always bad luck or the refs fault.

This team is not very good. It wasn't good last year and it's not much better this year.

I'm not impressed with millionaire athletes play tough in losses. They get paid millions to play hard.

What I care about is wins.

But we have a winning record and this team will pull out some of these close games they have as the season continues.

It's not the hawks fault the refs stole the spurs, bobcats, raptors games away from us at the end!

When we lose like that in those 3 games I can't be mad at our hawks! I'm not going to place blame on the hawks when the league wants to control our destiny rather than just letting the best team on that particular night win.

Believe it or not it's hard to be mad at the hawks in this cavs game! Sorry man but cavs would have blown out any team in the nba tonight including the spurs if they are going to be that efficient but as a long time nba fan, anybody who watched that fans tonight KNOWS this will not happen again it's extremely rare for these things to happen. It wasn't a normal night for the cavs they are good but they aren't great!...plus they have up 40 points just last night against the celtics so I really wouldn't consider them good but more so tonight was just their time.

Hawks are going to be ok and we need to make sure we take care of homecourt like they are doing so far.

Has this type of game ever happened to any other team in the NBA?

I mean, has any other team in the NBA ever been blown away like this?

If it has ever happened before, it only happened to the bottom feeders

in the league, not any of the good teams, right?

Someone please tell me that this has happened before.  That we are not

the only team who couldn't overcome 11 straight from downtown to open

the game.  Remember, these 11 shots came from more than one or two players.

If the Hawks are the only NBA team that this has ever happened to, getting

blown away like this, then I will admit, "We're no good." 

Otherwise, let's all move on to the Lakers game and put this one behind us.

sun_bespectacled.gif

Honestly, Dallas got beaten in a similar style by Miami the other night. Deng had like 14/17, Chalmers 7/7 and the refs all night in his pocket on either end, and so on.

Sometimes you have nights like this, and clearly the Cavs picking up the pace and becoming a realy eastern dynasty is only a matter of time. When you have Lebron opening the game like that and setting the pace, others will follow, and the Cavs are stacked with talent imo.

Yes, a bit of shame on the Hawks, but no reason to get all pessimist. What did you'll think? That the Hawks are contending?

One good thing to take away from this game is that Muscala started to become allot more accurate on his good looks that are easily created by/for him all troughout previous games.

• Premium Member

It was the 2nd time since 2002-2003 that an NBA team made 13 3PT FG in the 1st half of a game.  Its safe to say it won't happen again this season or any time soon.  On to the next game. 

• Like 2

I was listening in the car, loving the Holman homerism, then Marion hit a three. I knew it was over. Then I see the highlights, and only one of the early barrage attempts could be considered "open", decent contests on all the others. Sh@t happens.

Gotta respect that LeBrom fellow even if you don't care for him. He's never have nor will he ever again take that many threes early on in a game, although he was lighting it up from all over at the start of Finals Game 7 a couple years ago. Shows how crazy his instincts and feel for his shot are. As a coach you still give him the outside shot being his least effective skill (yet still good). If you get burned, it's LeBron.

I can live with it if we handle business Tuedsay. I'll be in The Bulb so they better. We lose to the Lakers I'm jumping on the Negative Posters train for a second. Just bulls$ittin, but for real, it's a must win after this debacle.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

What a crap night. Hawks obliterated by the Cavs, thankfully I didn't watch, but had to watch my Canes blow the upset vs the Semiholes in the last few minutes. I'm not sure which loss was worse tonight but I think I'm going with the Canes.

Yeah, I was kinda rooting for y'all to finally knock off the 'Holes.  If any bunch deserves to lose it's those criminals (not 'Criminoles, criminals).  Glad we got y'all early.  Doubt we'd beat y'all now.  Your QB looks to be settling in.  Lucky for us Duke Johnson will be in the league next time we see the Canes.

(I started to address you as 'Cane fan' but post #68 reminds me not to use personal insults - SWIDT hehe)

Ya had Dolly walking out the club telling his ladies to wait one moment while he moderates his online sport blog. Needless to say they all lost attraction to him and weren't buying his "Hollywood producer looking for some fresh faces" story any longer and left.

• Like 1

Ya had Dolly walking out the club telling his ladies to wait one moment while he moderates his online sport blog. Needless to say they all lost attraction to him and weren't buying his "Hollywood producer looking for some fresh faces" story any longer and left.

Nah man I'm too old for that club nonsense. That was funny though!