• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Mavericks

lethalweapon3

Dennis is definitely growing. There was a play with a few minutes left where it looked like he wanted to take the 3 after Al rolled and he decided against it. I can't remember the results of the play but I was proud of him for not taking the shot. 

The one who worries me is Mack as he's looking like a rookie sometimes with his decision to shoot 1st way too often and he's getting himself in bad places offensively. He's still having some success but I'll feel better when he's the 3rd PG. 

• Like 2

I honestly thought we may go on a three-four game losing streak after playing the easiest schedule to start. Well, I'm more than happy to eat crow.... I think tonight was our best win of the season. Sure we killed the Cavs, but that was revenge, the motivation was there.

• Like 1

Tough 4th quarter - but we wore em out early and they had to get red hot against our "prevent defense" to make it close. They were never within one shot of tying or taking the lead.

I'm actually happy C-V made that last three - made it look closer and gives more for C-Bud to b!tch about.

Cuban had to be freaking out in the 3rd quarter. We were without our starting PG and were running em out of their own gym. Wish we had another guy along the lines of AL and Paul - Pero worries me but he is OK for short segments.

Bazemore is gonna catch serious heck for hot-dogging early on that drive. Learning experience - small steps.

Great Win - GO HAWKS !!!

P.S. - can we make a few more FTs?

Edited by DJlaysitup

Toronto:  You lost tonight and the Hawks gained another one on you!

Dang, what a terrible way to end the game.  Great win but, we almost blew it

right in the end.  And, Hawks missed too many from the charity stripe.

R E S P E C T !!  Now, do you suppose we could have a small helping?

There is no rest.  Gotta go home and defend home court tomorrow night

against another western powerhouse from LA.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I'm loving this stretch of games. This may be the best stretch of games I can ever remember in my life time of watching the team. If there's one good thing about getting older is that you get to see things your team never did before. Some times for the bad but some times for the good.

• Like 4

Great defense tonight and all around offense! Almost gave it away but I'm sure bud (coach of the year) is putting his foot all in their asses on almost giving up the game so I'm not worried Hawks will get better and better.

Hope teague plays tomorrow night!

I haven't loved a Hawks team this much since that year Hawks got Jamal Crawford and won 50 plus games and made a good run at d rose Bulls but this team is completely different man I KNOW they can do more because they are just way more gritty, more heart, more hustle, 1000 times better team chemistry, way better offense and defense,hell they even win on the road against good teams...OUR HAWKS ARE FREAKING SURGING

• Like 1

DMC the game ball?? That has to be a joke. He always tries to do way more than he's capable of. Passing up wide open players. To force up a stupid shot. And guys greatly overrate his defensive abilities.

It was a total team effort tonight.

DMC played very well defensively and made parsons night complete hell as well as Ellis plus he finished on his fastbreaks this game.

But I say dennis gets the game ball!

• Like 1

DMC played very well defensively and made parsons night complete hell as well as Ellis plus he finished on his fastbreaks this game.

But I say dennis gets the game ball!

As a rule Millsap gets the game ball every time and he went 13 points - 12 rebounds - 7 assists - 2 blocks and other non-stat thingies....but yeah...in this case I'll give it to Dennis...barely.

Yeah we've let the Rockets and Mavericks make a game out of it after we've had big leads but come on those are VERY good teams in THEIR building. They didn't get to become Western powers by laying down.

Damn proud of these Hawks for counter punching when the Mavs would punch. Damn proud!

YHEAH BUTT LETS SEE THIS TEAM DO IT AGIANST A TEAM THTS NOT HAVING ANEW PONTS GUARD OK LOL

LMBO POSTERS WNAT TO ANNOINT THIS TEAM CHANMPS AFTER THIS FAR LOL I'VES EEEN THES FOR LIKE 30+ YEARS OK DO IT FOR GAMES NOT MEANINGLESS OK

• Premium Member

As a rule Millsap gets the game ball every time and he went 13 points - 12 rebounds - 7 assists - 2 blocks and other non-stat thingies....but yeah...in this case I'll give it to Dennis...barely.

Millsap would have had a huge night if he got ANY damn calls at all. What's it take for Millsap to get star calls? If he got the type of calls Harden gets he would be MVP material.

• Like 2

A really good win that looked like it was going to be a great win until that 4th period happened. 

I can't see Dallas as being a legit contender with Dirk and Parsons. That pair brings nothing on the defensive end and the west is so tough. Plus I think Dirk is starting to show his age.... But Rondo/Ellis will be a handful.

Dennis played really well for the most part. But he and Millsap need to stop turning the ball over.

It's amazing how the team keeps racking up the wins despite the fact that nobody is playing at an all star level.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 2

I think the thing I've enjoyed most about this win streak is watching the other team's frustration when they just can't stop us plain and simple.  We caused Thibs to scream like crazy, Lebron to get moody postgame, McHale went nuts, Harden drew a T, and the Mavs...Rick Carlisle got so pissed with his team's play he subbed them all out!  Nowitzki was so upset he threw the ball right in to Dennis for a layup!  Speaking from experience it is pure frustration when you're playing a team and they are flat out beating you with fundamentals and you can't do anything to stop it.  I feel like that's what we've been seeing.

It took a good coach like Carlisle to get into his team and make it more of a game towards the end.

Even our previous Hawks teams didn't seem to have this much ability to continue to step on a team's throat when they're down.  I love it!  And honestly we needed it tonight.  The fact that the team kept pushing and getting those extra buckets early on helped us hold on because we didn't look as good those last few minutes but did enough to get by.

• Like 3