• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Mavericks

lethalweapon3

I think the thing I've enjoyed most about this win streak is watching the other team's frustration when they just can't stop us plain and simple.  We caused Thibs to scream like crazy, Lebron to get moody postgame, McHale went nuts, Harden drew a T, and the Mavs...Rick Carlisle got so pissed with his team's play he subbed them all out!  Nowitzki was so upset he threw the ball right in to Dennis for a layup!  Speaking from experience it is pure frustration when you're playing a team and they are flat out beating you with fundamentals and you can't do anything to stop it.  I feel like that's what we've been seeing.

It took a good coach like Carlisle to get into his team and make it more of a game towards the end.

Even our previous Hawks teams didn't seem to have this much ability to continue to step on a team's throat when they're down.  I love it!  And honestly we needed it tonight.  The fact that the team kept pushing and getting those extra buckets early on helped us hold on because we didn't look as good those last few minutes but did enough to get by.

Well, the team has been good in the 4th period almost all year. It was bound to even out some sooner or later. They still did enough to avoid losing.

• Like 2

So proud of this team. We win as a unit. We have really good chemistry. Haven't been this excited since...I can't even remember. I'm just sitting back and enjoying our success. People laughed at me last year when I said system>stars...now whose laughing...;-) Lovin this deep team baby, LETS GO HAWKS!!!!

• Moderators

The phenomena I've noticed are the crowd reactions.

Often when good teams get down by 15-to-20-plus points mid-game, especially a team nobody anticipated falling behind by that margin, there is audible booing coming down from the rafters, or at least noisy grumbling. Unless it's to chastise a referee call that didn't bounce their way, there's no booing.

When the Hawks' steamship gets rolling, the opposing fans are almost enjoying what they're witnessing. They don't quite seem to know what to make of it. They're not cheering our team, but they're definitely not booing their own team. It's virtual catatonia. Cavs fans, Rockets fans, Mavs fans were sitting there in stunned silence.

~lw3

• Like 3

• Moderators

The phenomena I've noticed are the crowd reactions.

Often when good teams get down by 15-to-20-plus points mid-game, especially a team nobody anticipated falling behind by that margin, there is audible booing coming down from the rafters, or at least noisy grumbling. Unless it's to chastise a referee call that didn't bounce their way, there's no booing.

When the Hawks' steamship gets rolling, the opposing fans are almost enjoying what they're witnessing. They don't quite seem to know what to make of it. They're not cheering our team, but they're definitely not booing their own team. It's virtual catatonia. Cavs fans, Rockets fans, Mavs fans were sitting there in stunned silence.

~lw3

I think that sound is the sound of fans realizing their team has some problems and Bud has exposed them for all to see.   

• Like 4

The football equivalent of what the Hawks are doing is running the ball. There is nothing more demoralizing than a team running it down your throat over and over again and knowing you can't stop it.

Every one knows what's coming by you can't stop it because they are just out executing you. They are mentally and physically tough enough to execute their plan for damn near 48 minutes. To make matters worse their bench come in and violates you too.

Edited by ATLien_

The football equivalent of what the Hawks are doing is running the ball. There is nothing more demoralizing than a team running it down your throat over and over again and knowing you can't stop it.

Every one knows what's coming by you can't stop it because they are just out executing you. They are mentally and physically tough enough to execute their plan for damn near 48 minutes. To make matters worse their bench come in and violates you too.

I think the football equivalent is more like the Pats annoying bubble screen / short slants / pound the ball offense. Incredibly efficient, extremely well planned and as Mr. Miyagi would say "if do right, no can defend".

• Like 2

I think the football equivalent is more like the Pats annoying bubble screen / short slants / pound the ball offense. Incredibly efficient, extremely well planned and as Mr. Miyagi would say "if do right, no can defend".

I like your analogy better because we aren't really winning on raw athleticism or physicality. Which makes it Double frustrating because tans believe they should be bearing us. Can you admit who or Took Brady is? I'll give you a hint he missed a lot of time last year . :)

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Count me in as a one who enjoys watching the nightly hissy fits by our opponents. It's like they can't believe the Hawks, of all teams, are completely crushing them and they turn to the refs for help.

"but...but... we have Lebron! but...but.. we have Harden! but...but... we have Drik and Rondo! GIVE us the calls! Waaah waaaah"

Meanwhile we continue to methodically undress them infront of their own fans. Beautiful

• Like 4

Does anyone else notice but, do you see we gang block? Its hilarious. How many blocks did we have last night? We dont have a rim protector we have rim protectors. Everytime someone thought they had an easy lay up 2 or 3 Hawks went for the block. I sitting back thinking "these boys want to win".

Dennis, i dont even know what to say about the guy. My only complaint would be that i hope he develops a floater and a three. If he can shoot high 30s from three, he will get into the lane even easier than he is now.

What did yall think of DMC's try out for the falcons last night LOL? I dont know what he was thinking but it was sooooo funny.

But im glad DMC brought the goon out, you need that "tough guy"to get into people's head. Led to us getting a technical FT last night.

The gang rebounding is crazy. Tyson had 19 boards and we still outrebounded them and had more points in the paint.

The boys are on a great run right now and i hope the fans come out tonight and support the boys

• Like 4

I was on the phone with my friend for 45 minutes talking about what a joy it is to watch this team.  Most watchable team since the Kevin Willis days..we were thinking of pieces we needed..it's hard.  We can go 10 deep and even if we got a so called stud center, could they fit in with what we're doing?  Absolutely loved Dirk's reaction to Dennis.  Dennis gets on the other teams nerve.  I love it.

• Like 4

• Moderators

I was on the phone with my friend for 45 minutes talking about what a joy it is to watch this team.  Most watchable team since the Kevin Willis days..we were thinking of pieces we needed..it's hard.  We can go 10 deep and even if we got a so called stud center, could they fit in with what we're doing?  Absolutely loved Dirk's reaction to Dennis.  Dennis gets on the other teams nerve.  I love it.

This is definitely a lot of fun.   The only thing that was troublesome from last night is we didn't do a good job protecting the ball at the end.  Teague will help that but our wings aren't great ball handlers.

Opposing fans recognize Kyle's brilliance, but everything else catches them off guard, mostly the gang defense and the open layups.

Our offense is deadly to lazy team defenses who don't chase and stay with their man, yet also shreds good defensive teams when hey trap hard and rotate only to find their man cutting behind them or fooling them altogether on a down screen to free up action on the weak side. When executed to perfection, like we almost are, it's unstoppable. Good coaches are complimentary and recognize the brilliance of the attack like Carlisle, bad coaches just cop out and say "we played embarrassingly" because they don't understand what's happening.

I do sense and hear the crowd enjoying us when we get going though. Even Mark Cuban's look was part disgust for his team, but part "how and when did the Hawks get so fu&kin good?"

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I like your analogy better because we aren't really winning on raw athleticism or physicality. Which makes it Double frustrating because tans believe they should be bearing us. Can you admit who or Took Brady is? I'll give you a hint he missed a lot of time last year .

Auto correct nightmares. Should read.

I like your analogy better because we aren't really winning on raw athleticism or physicality. Which makes it double frustrating because fans believe they should be beating us. Can you admit who or Tom Brady is? I'll give you a hint he missed a lot of time last year . :)

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 1

You seriously love sending me to my old DVD's huh? :-) Git him a body bag ...yaaaaaa-Bobby

Hawks say..BONZAAAAAIIIIIII BITCHES!!!!!! :-)

Must be a Tech fan. Or a butt hurt bulldog. :)

You seriously love sending me to my old DVD's huh? :-) Git him a body bag ...yaaaaaa-Bobby

Hawks say..BONZAAAAAIIIIIII BITCHES!!!!!! :-)

I know right? I kinda want to watch it now but I'm being dragged to the Hobbit movie... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTiJ7A1DLV0

I know right? I kinda want to watch it now but I'm being dragged to the Hobbit movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTiJ7A1DLV0

By the time ur done with me I'm gonna be an alcoholic old movie watcher..maybe I should contact DJ...lol..I kid