• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Still no respect

jrok23

They'll be calling the Cavs the best team in the east very soon.

Sad part it is... Cleveland might take the damn east in the playoffs. They looked pretty good tonight. The sad part is that without Lebron they're nothing more than a lotto team. So, honestly....Can you really call them a team?

Edited by Hotlanta1981

It's pride thing most of these "experts" spent the whole offseason telling anybody that would listen that the east was Chicago and Cleveland with Toronto and Washington fighting for scraps. Now that a team that they didn't expect is running through their favorites (Chuck didn't think we'd make the playoffs) they're going to try to find every little thing they can to discredit it because if the Hawks make it far they all look like dumbasses.

But we'll find out one way or another in April so there's nothing any of us can do now besides enjoy this run and laugh at people as we keep beating down the "favorites" in the east

• Like 3

It's pride thing most of these "experts" spent the whole offseason telling anybody that would listen that the east was Chicago and Cleveland with Toronto and Washington fighting for scraps. Now that a team that they didn't expect is running through their favorites (Chuck didn't think we'd make the playoffs) they're going to try to find every little thing they can to discredit it because if the Hawks make it far they all look like dumbasses.

But we'll find out one way or another in April so there's nothing any of us can do now besides enjoy this run and laugh at people as we keep beating down the "favorites" in the east

This.  It's the 'yeah, but' syndrome.  Latest entry is, "yeah, but [insert team here] will be better come playoff time."  Charlie often suffers from inability to conceive things that he hasn't seen before so it should come as no surprise that he can't contemplate the Hawks being anything but an early playoff exit.

Thread goes to @Duff_Man though.  We gotta stop caring what these clowns think and just enjoy the run for as long as we can.

Can't help but look forward to the next eye-roll moment.  Once we drop a game it'll be, "Hawks exposed or STTE".  Meanwhile we'll have won like 30 or our last 32 games.  SMDH

• Premium Member

It cracks me up every time I see one of these threads...Some of the same people complaining about other disrespecting the team were much worse this summer and at the beginning of the season!  Does the term Hypocrisy mean anything to y'all?

• Like 1

You don't have to listen to Charles Barkley lol, he like to criticize teams but im sure the teams that he just criticized don't give a 100% F#ck about what he says about them.

Last year, he said Spurs is not going to make it in the finals, and even if Spurs do reach the finals, Heat will destroy them. Then he was wrong Spurs destroyed the heat and won the finals.

This is why sometimes i don't listen to any sports analysts. They just critize teams but those teams are working their @sses off just to get better and reach that next level. 

Charles Barkley just said on tnt that the Hawks would only make it to the second round. He says the Wizards and Bulls are still better than us. Wth

I understand Charles. A Bud coached team has not made it out of the first round, Hawks have to prove it. Playoffs is a whole new season. I think the Hawks could beat a healthy Wizards team but I'm not sure how they'll match up with a healthy Bulls team, we've yet to see this year's team play the Bulls team completely healthy. 

I thought hawksquawk didnt care what these media analysis said?

Anyways I saw the segment. Kenny, Shaq, and EJ all said we were the real deal and were trying to try to convince Chuck that we were. So Chuck was the oddball with his opinion.

The reason he didnt believe we would go far is because after he saw us get mauled on the glass by the pistons, he thinks we will struggle against bigger teams because of our small frontcourt which is a legitimate argument.

Edited by yungsta

I thought hawksquawk didnt care what these media analysis said?

Anyways I saw the segment. Kenny, Shaq, and EJ all said we were the real deal and were trying to try to convince Chuck that we were. So Chuck was the oddball with his opinion.

The reason he didnt believe we would go far is because after he saw us get mauled on the glass by the pistons, he thinks we will struggle against bigger teams because of our small frontcourt which is a legitimate argument.

It's really not.  He was saying that the tandems of Noah/Gasol, Nene/Gortat, Love/Mozgov would be too much for us.  We have owned the combo of Nene/Gortat both times.  I'm not worried about Love/Mozgov the least bit.  Noah/Gasol could be a problem if Noah was actually healthy and if Gasol didn't completely suck on defense. 

They can outrebound us while we dominate them with our well-rounded bigs who help space the floor on offense.

All of the advantaqges that we get from having a Millsap/Horford frontcourt far outweigh being outrebounded.  Detroit may be the only team in the league who can dominate us on the boards like they did yesterday.  We still won by double digits and our guys looked like they were playing with less energy than usual for most of the game. We lost a lot of loose balls that we normally get.

• Like 2

It's really not.  He was saying that the tandems of Noah/Gasol, Nene/Gortat, Love/Mozgov would be too much for us.  We have owned the combo of Nene/Gortat both times.  I'm not worried about Love/Mozgov the least bit.  Noah/Gasol could be a problem if Noah was actually healthy and if Gasol didn't completely suck on defense. 

They can outrebound us while we dominate them with our well-rounded bigs who help space the floor on offense.

All of the advantaqges that we get from having a Millsap/Horford frontcourt far outweigh being outrebounded.  Detroit may be the only team in the league who can dominate us on the boards like they did yesterday.  We still won by double digits and our guys looked like they were playing with less energy than usual for most of the game. We lost a lot of loose balls that we normally get.

I know, I dont agree with him either because there isnt any bigs talented enough in the east to offset the problems our frontcourt gives them offensively.

Im just saying that I can understand why he would think that way.

• Premium Member

I think deep down, everyone, even the most optimistic fan, is still kind of holding their breath...just a little bit.  That's normal.  Teams have to prove themselves.  I could see a tough 2nd round match up with the Bulls or Toronto.  I won't count out the Cavs either until they're bounced from the playoffs.  Not saying either series could go either way, but anything can happen...and I'm not going to sit here and act like our success has somehow invalidated every other player, coaching style, and team in the NBA.  We aren't the only contenders in the East.

That being said, we're a legit contender.  I fully expect us to at least make the ECF's - we've been destroying really good teams.  If we were battling for the #2 spot, yeah...things would be different.  But we are flat out dominating.  Now, if we make it that far this year...and we don't get more respect next season?  I'mma be a little less understanding.

• Like 1