• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Back from the dead

CBAreject

Welcome back!

I noticed Walter and Diesel going at it in these posts.  Dang, I sure miss

Walter.  Any one know where he is or if he's still alive?

For a second round pick, Millsap has done right well, hasn't he!

Hawks will be well represented at the all star game with Bud and his staff,

at least three Hawk players and the fourth in the three point shooting

contest.  That's almost domination, isn't it.

Tonight, another test.  Last game, Hawks started cold.  They had extra time

off, were on national TV and had a sell out at Phillips.  After a few nerve racking

minutes in the sleepwalk mode, our real Hawks appeared.

This applies to our Hawks and my Hawksquawk visiting. Hello to all the old hands. I once new ye well.

I'm loving our team--got league pass out here in dallas, so Ive watched every game. I gotta admit I feel the urge to BUMP my old post titled "MILLSAP!" from 2006. Some of the vets (Walter) remember how hard I lobbied to draft a relative unknown named Paul Millsap out of La Tech in the 2nd rd, and that it would obviate our need for Sheldon Williams at the #5 spot. It's amazing we waited 7 yrs to get him and he became an All-Star for us. Good times. Ironically, if we had drafted so well that year, Paul Millsap may have never been an all-star. You know--butterfly effect. Billy knight's reign of terror got us horford. If we get in the lottery for Joe Johnson, his crapulence could pay even greater dividends.

Fun stuff. Best all.

My mind just exploded. How could you be so forward-thinking to fathom all that? Talk about a perfect storm, Jesus. Don't leave us anytime soon, Reject. I have a newfound love and respect for Sund's and BK's blunders now.

• Moderators

I think Dolf said Walter has been banned from the site and didn't really give a reason other than he deserved the ban.

Oh yes, welcome back!

He went off the reservation at a point in the past.  Unfortunate.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Welcome back.  I love these threads when members come out of hibernation and all the tenured active members get excited.  Reminds me that despite over 4k posts, I haven't really been here that long.

I joined realgm on Oct 26, 2001 and only have 4106 posts there. I'm more active here but it is easy to kinda lurk and read instead of responding.

I've been here just as long and have only a third of the posts you have, Soth. Talk about lurking around and writing nothing...

I do miss the Diesel vs. Walter feud, though. It dated back to the old AJC forum days and carried over to here. The only thing that came close to that was the debate over who they should get with the third pick of the draft (before Babs traded it Vancouver for SAR). That went on and on and on. A good portion of us probably deserved getting suspended back then...things got really chippy...

• Like 2

• Moderators

I joined realgm on Oct 26, 2001 and only have 4106 posts there. I'm more active here but it is easy to kinda lurk and read instead of responding.

I use to be a lurker on other online forums for years.  Car forums, sports forums, TV show forums... I was content being a lurker until I read one thread years ago on TATF that set me off and had to join in on the conversation.  Ever since then, I refuse to stay quiet and just lurk. I've also become quite opinionated over the years and just don't give a hoot anymore. lol

• Like 2

So it is you over at RealGM with your Ricky Rubio avatar. I see you giving them hell about the Hawks, you and Mace. I just read though.

So it is you over at RealGM with your Ricky Rubio avatar. I see you giving them hell about the Hawks, you and Mace. I just read though.

I graduated from RealGM about 10 years ago lol

• Premium Member

Yeah, that's me. I started showing my TWolves love last year when I realized I had never had a TWolf avatar/sig in 10 years so I wanted to give my 1a team some love.

Now I am too superstitious to change it back to my Horford avatar/sig because it might jinx the Hawks. Reverse momentum rule from pro wrestling after all....

And yes, I do like to post on the general board there and fight over my Hawks. There's too many ppl not giving us the credit we've earned.

Edited by Sothron

Yeah, that's me. I started showing my TWolves love last year when I realized I had never had a TWolf avatar/sig in 10 years so I wanted to give my 1a team some love.

Now I am too superstitious to change it back to my Horford avatar/sig because it might jinx the Hawks. Reverse momentum rule from pro wrestling after all....

And yes, I do like to post on the general board there and fight over my Hawks. There's too many ppl not giving us the credit we've earned.

From reading that drivel I've realized that most of the poster have never seen the Hawks play last season and definitely not this season. Keep giving 'em hell.

Welcome back home CBA. Now that you are back up, I realized I missed your posts. I'm sort of that quiet in the background poster, unless is is the ASG and I loose my mind. That nightmare can't end soon enough.

Too bad about Walter. He and I talked about stuff.

Welcome back home CBA. Now that you are back up, I realized I missed your posts. I'm sort of that quiet in the background poster, unless is is the ASG and I loose my mind. That nightmare can't end soon enough.

Too bad about Walter. He and I talked about stuff.

What kinda stuff?