• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pelicans

lethalweapon3

What exactly are they doing? Playing harder? I just see a team that's in a bit of a slump. While we don't have the things you mention, but we compensate. I'll start to worry when we go on a real losing streak.

Now the Hawks haven't played with the defensive energy that they were earlier, but it's not just that...

Even then they try to pressure and strip ball handlers the other team is prepared for it and they make passes to avoid it. The defense is average at best when they're not getting steals. It's not even that the team has got super lazy on the defensive end, but it's how the team is built.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Admin

Now the Hawks haven't played with the defensive energy that they were earlier, but it's not just that...

Even then they try to pressure and strip ball handlers the other team is prepared for it and they make passes to avoid it. The defense is average at best when they're not getting steals. It's not even that the team has got super lazy on the defensive end, but it's how the team is built.

lol that didn't take long

• Like 2

I'd just put that down to a lack of energy, which I suppose shouldn't happen since nobody plays a whole lot of minutes. I don't think it's something we'll see to continue though. I haven't seen a game from us where we've been completely outmatched, to the point where there should be cause for concern.

I'd just put that down to a lack of energy, which I suppose shouldn't happen since nobody plays a whole lot of minutes. I don't think it's something we'll see to continue though. I haven't seen a game from us where we've been completely outmatched, to the point where there should be cause for concern.

I think they looked pretty outmatched tonight.

I don't see why me saying that the team is coming back down to earth is such a problem. Do people really believe this team is 32 out of 34 wins good? If you don't believe that, me saying that they're coming back down to earth shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I think they looked pretty outmatched tonight.

I don't see why me saying that the team is coming back down to earth is such a problem. Do people really believe this team is 32 out of 34 wins good? If you don't believe that, me saying that they're coming back down to earth shouldn't be a problem.

It's not that I think you're hating or anything, more so that I think this team is still an ECF team even with our current dip in play. You don't share those expectations, do you? Edited by nathan2331

Perhaps that can beat Washington or Toronto.

It's tough to expect more with iffy defense and rebounding.

The rebounding remains an issue, but the defense is legit. We may have no rim protector, but we have a system that works. Everyone can hold their own and they know where to go. Come playoff time, we'll be ready.

Oh well, not really concerned, but we need to get back to moving the ball on offense. I've seen way to much one on one the last few games.

That has been my growing concern over the last several games. Our assist numbers have really dropped and with it, our leads. Personally this has been a much better season than any I remember., but we are just getting started!

Go Hawks!!!!

• Like 1

The Hawks were looking more and more worn down lately and it finally came to a head tonight. So many quick shots, poor drives, and overall bad defense. Plus AD is an unreal talent. Hopefully removing the weight of that streak will help them get back to playing that elite basketball on both ends that fueled most of these wins. We're going to need it for this extremely tough week of games. 

• Like 2

Too much New Orleans and too much Super Bowl?

"On any given night" is true.  Any NBA team can and does whip any other NBA team.

We knew.  Just didn't know when.  Pelicans were hot.  Hawks were cold.

In the previous game, Hawks held the 76ers to something like 10 points in the 1st quarter.

Before it was over, we were just holding on, hoping the clock would run out.  We started

very slow, missing some easy shots.  That cost us the game.

Pelicans are a good team.  Give them the credit they deserve.  Hawks can't afford to go

into their "sleepwalk mode" to begin a game against a good team.  Their last game to

lose was after the Christmas break.  This one after the Super Bowl break.  Gotta wonder!

GO TEAM ATLANTA !

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's one game!  They won the previous 19 so I don't understand the gloom and doom stuff.  Teague is in a slump and AD is a load.  Other that that there is absolutely nothing to see here folks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

These guys are human beings, not robots. So forgive them if they have a stretch where the length and intensity of the season catches up to them. What happens from here nobody knows, but what they did on a consistent basis over a 30+ game period says more about what they can do as a team than the last 3 games.

You guys are some sensitive chumps to believe something like 40 wins by February makes this team elite or something. LOL, they were exposed for who they really are last night and will continue to get exposed because being "scrappy" doesn't mean a goddamn thing in this league when other teams with actual talent can be "scrappy" too.  It's already been happening since as far back as the Bucks game.  Just watch, yea yea, they peaked early and got those 40 wins but they will still be lucky to reach 50 wins.  Unfortunately that will still secure them some sort off top 4 seed in this pathetic conference right after the Cavs, Bulls, Wizards and Raptors once they all get done fooling around and get serious for the season but this team will be lucky to get out the first round if they have to see the Heat, Hornets, or Bucks but whatever, I'm just being real.  You guys can continue to believe in Santa Claus if you want, I'm not dumb enough to fall for smoke and mirrors or some team that only has "all star" talent because of the fluke record.  If this team showed its true colors over a real schedule and not this cakewalk that it's had over the first 3 months they would be barely at .500 and nobody would be considered for the all star game to speak nothing of the ridiculous 3 selections that they got that will probably be looked at as some of the worst in the future.   

• Like 1

• Moderators

You guys are some sensitive chumps to believe something like 40 wins by February makes this team elite or something. LOL, they were exposed for who they really are last night and will continue to get exposed because being "scrappy" doesn't mean a goddamn thing in this league when other teams with actual talent can be "scrappy" too.  It's already been happening since as far back as the Bucks game.  Just watch, yea yea, they peaked early and got those 40 wins but they will still be lucky to reach 50 wins.  Unfortunately that will still secure them some sort off top 4 seed in this pathetic conference right after the Cavs, Bulls, Wizards and Raptors once they all get done fooling around and get serious for the season but this team will be lucky to get out the first round if they have to see the Heat, Hornets, or Bucks but whatever, I'm just being real.  You guys can continue to believe in Santa Claus if you want, I'm not dumb enough to fall for smoke and mirrors or some team that only has "all star" talent because of the fluke record.  If this team showed its true colors over a real schedule and not this cakewalk that it's had over the first 3 months they would be barely at .500 and nobody would be considered for the all star game to speak nothing of the ridiculous 3 selections that they got that will probably be looked at as some of the worst in the future.   

Trying decide if "/sarcasm" or "hijacked by Hotlanta"

606-fry-meme.png

• Like 1

I love it that the Hawks have had a cakewalk so far this season, don't you!

Another "Can't possibly get out of the first round" believer now heard from.

Amazing what one loss will do, isn't it!

I STILL BELIEVE!

Call me dumb, stupid or whatever.  We have a team and I personally believe teams,

not individual players, is what ultimately wins.

music.gif

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

You guys are some sensitive chumps to believe something like 40 wins by February makes this team elite or something. LOL, they were exposed for who they really are last night and will continue to get exposed because being "scrappy" doesn't mean a goddamn thing in this league when other teams with actual talent can be "scrappy" too. It's already been happening since as far back as the Bucks game. Just watch, yea yea, they peaked early and got those 40 wins but they will still be lucky to reach 50 wins. Unfortunately that will still secure them some sort off top 4 seed in this pathetic conference right after the Cavs, Bulls, Wizards and Raptors once they all get done fooling around and get serious for the season but this team will be lucky to get out the first round if they have to see the Heat, Hornets, or Bucks but whatever, I'm just being real. You guys can continue to believe in Santa Claus if you want, I'm not dumb enough to fall for smoke and mirrors or some team that only has "all star" talent because of the fluke record. If this team showed its true colors over a real schedule and not this cakewalk that it's had over the first 3 months they would be barely at .500 and nobody would be considered for the all star game to speak nothing of the ridiculous 3 selections that they got that will probably be looked at as some of the worst in the future.

Lol... Dang give us a lil green font...:-/