• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pero wants to re-sign

GameTime

Normal.

A 32 year-old backup center wants to re-sign with the best team in the East which at the same time gave him the opportunity to play in the NBA...

What we have to see is if the Hawks want him.

reverse-1316713879_castle_reaction.gif

I'm guessing you didn't read the article? Or did I miss the /sarcasm font/text?

Everything can change in the off-season, they may like him but if they find a better option I don't know why they wouldn't consider it.

• Premium Member

Everything can change in the off-season, they may like him but if they find a better option I don't know why they wouldn't consider it.

Shouldn't be hard to replace D-league type talent!   On second thought, I am being insensitive to D-league players.  Most D-league players have Skill!

Edited by Peoriabird

• Premium Member

Please Pero shoot better than 12% from the 3 in the playoffscomp_virus.gif

I want to unremember this.  @Dolfan23 please create a retroactive pre-2013 ignore feature for my brain. 

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Pero in his last 15 games:

19.3% FG

11.8% 3FG

Sweet dancing Moses that is awful. I don't want to dogpile on the guy because I like him, but he has to start back bringing something to the table other than good help defense and screens. At the very least a backup center should be able to finish at the rim and grab a few rebounds if his shot isn't falling.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

My bad. Pero is shooting 19.4% FG. I don't want to cheat him out of his .1%

Not even Josh shot this bad from outside.

You'd think so with all the criticism he got. And he actually scored, rebounded, blocked shots, and was a decent passer.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Pero has probably taken the same number of shots over those 15 games as Josh did in just one. Perspective.

True. But if he's one dimensional on offense and can't finish at the rim or post up, he better be DARN good at that one dimension. The fact is he's not right now. If that keeps up, he will no longer be able to pull opposing big men out of the paint which was what made him effective in the first place. Like I said before, I like the guy but if he can't shoot and there's no one out there to bite on his pump fake at what point do the negatives start to outweigh the positives?

True. But if he's one dimensional on offense and can't finish at the rim or post up, he better be DARN good at that one dimension. The fact is he's not right now. If that keeps up, he will no longer be able to pull opposing big men out of the paint which was what made him effective in the first place. Like I said before, I like the guy but if he can't shoot and there's no one out there to bite on his pump fake at what point do the negatives start to outweigh the positives?

He's not one dimensional, and until what you claim will happen happens it's a non-issue to complain about it like it's actually happened.

• Premium Member

He's not one dimensional, and until what you claim will happen happens it's a non-issue to complain about it like it's actually happened.

I'm not claiming anything 'will' happen. I said, "if that keeps up", actually. Pero could very well shoot his way out of his slump tonight hopefully. Oh, and he is pretty much one dimensional at this point.