• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Thunder

lethalweapon3

• Admin

I was at the game ... The atmosphere is CRAZY ... My ears are ringing it is so loud here. Like a Duke/UNC game at Cameron.

Fun game to be at but the Hawks blew it.

No defense played at all and the refs made really bad calls for both teams.

Dennis trying to do way too much

I am not sure why Bud took horford out to let sap play center

I don't like the two point guard lineup

Westbrook is awesome

Ears are still ringing

Defense defense defense. We gave up 119 per game these last two losses. That wont cut it. We went on oir magical run by playing elite defense. Yeah we miss Thabo but we should still be doing alot better on that end of the court. Baze and Brand are both better defensove players than Korver and Scott so I dont wanna hear about that either. We are over helping entirely too much leaving shooters wide open and forcing a lot more switches onto mismatches. Guys need to step it up on the ball and stay at home. If a big tries to post then still double but if a guard is driving let him shoot a contested shot without fouling. We can live with the Currys and Westbrooks going off but we cant keep gettig beat by theGreens, Barbosas, Morrows, etc... of the world.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

These last couple games show vital Korver is for this team along with now missing 2 of out top bench players is killing us.

Call me crazy, but I think we miss Korver defensively too. The guy knows how to rotate and help in the right spots.
  • Like 1

Hawks almost always win when they have a double digit lead at any point in the game.

Not tonight.  They had, more than once, a 12 point lead.  Defense was not there,  We lost.

Cavs won.  Lead is down to 9.  Side note: 76ers beat N.Y.!

Gosh, it will be nice to get home.  We feel terrible but 3-3 on a western swing ain't too bad.

GO HAWKS !! 

Didn't watch the game but I can tell this game must've been determined by officiating. How in the hell does Westbrook go to the freethrow line 17 times? Did they call a foul every time someone breathed on him? That's ridiculous.. Also we're missing Thabo, Korver, and Scott big time. 

Edited by ATLHawks3

Let me preface this by saying I'm not blaming the officiating for this loss. Officiating didn't leave shooters wide open over and over. Officiating didn't cause us to not secure rebounds in our hands over and over again.

This is the type of game that makes me hate the NBA. Teague, Schröder, Sap and Horford made legitimate basketball moves to the basket all night and got no calls. They were getting dislodged knocked down and worse all game. Russell Westbrook runs down and is clearly not making basketball moves and gets rewarded with free throws over and over again. He is throwing himself into the defender like a bowling ball and creating all the contact with the defender. Nothing irks me more about NBA officiating than this. Imo this should be an offensive foul. It's not the defenders job to get out of his way.

OK, im off my soap box.

Sorry bro but you can blame the officiating for this bullshit that happened tonight!

People keep saying teague wasn't aggressive! Are you crazy?! Teague attacked the basket just like westbrook but got no love! Dennis too!

Westbrook was getting called for charges earlier and still that didn't stop him. This is why homecourt is important so that the refs won't effect us. I can admit Hawks didn't play any defense but they did do enough to get calls.

Call it what it is....the refs took this from us!