• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Offseason planning.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Swap with Bklyn and take Devon Booker or Sam Dekker.

Bring back Sap and DMC.

Then look and test the water on one of these guys:

Robin Lopez

Brook Lopez

Tyson Chandler

Mozgov

Brenden Wright

Greg Monroe

I like the system we have so I hope new ownership doesn't change a thang. We also have to start grooming Kyle's replacement.  I think that can be Booker.   A big is defintely something we need to add to our menu... I would do that with one of the experienced bigs in the league.  Especially one who can get up and down the floor.  I'm not against a Greg Monroe but I would take a Robin Lopez just as easiy.

Also... I would not turn down a shot at either Belinelli or Matthews.

OK with the draft choices and re-signing DMC and Sap, but I'd rather bring over Tavares and keep working on Moose's development. As for free agency, bring a wing like Matthews or Middleton.

We might need a big, but honestly if we're just going for a tall defensive center, then we should just try our luck with Tavares. The only bigs I see that would really fit our system would be Lopez, Aldridge or Gasol, and those would only be necessary if we didn't sign Millsap. All in all, I think we need a SF

I would like to see us draft Dekker.  We need SF depth regardless and will really need it if DMac leaves.  Dekker seems to be just fine as an athlete, smart, can shoot the three--seems like a great fit.

We also need to decide when we are going to trade Teague.  This offseason seems premature but depending on Dennis's development, I could see us making a deal at the deadline or next offseason.  Both can't retire as Hawks, and Dennis is far better at 21 than Teague was.  Teague is 26 (almost 27).  How good will Dennis be in 5+ more seasons?!?!?!  Also, Mack can play the backup PG.  No reason he can't give us 16 mins per at PG.

Resign Millsap.  Got to.  Try to resign Carroll but don't overpay.  He'll wanna come back I think so maybe he'll take a little less to stay with us?  

Wesley Matthews seems like a perfect fit for this team.  Good defender, team guy, can make shots.  He'd be a good sign.   I'd take Butler, too, though.

Gonna be a very interesting offseason.  We should learn a lot about plans for the future.

I would rather draft Booker than Dekker. I would prefer to draft on potential even though dekker was impressive during the tournament. I say draft the wing with the highest potential possible and lets see if our amazing staff can help them get the most of it.

I'd puke if we drafted Booker over Dekker. Dekker can guard multiple positions, rebound, pass, has improved his handles, has good BBIQ and most importantly has got length. On the flip side Booker is an average athlete at best, short arms, not a good rebounder, and is being drafted mainly for his shooting. I have no doubt that Dekker's shooting which has been respectable would improve on our team. Dekker's game is more translatable to the pros.

• Like 1

We might need a big, but honestly if we're just going for a tall defensive center, then we should just try our luck with Tavares. The only bigs I see that would really fit our system would be Lopez, Aldridge or Gasol, and those would only be necessary if we didn't sign Millsap. All in all, I think we need a SF

I guess a SF who can play D and can shoot the 3 would be nice so there will always be spacing in the second unit like the starters. 

• Premium Member

I'd puke if we drafted Booker over Dekker. Dekker can guard multiple positions, rebound, pass, has improved his handles, has good BBIQ and most importantly has got length. On the flip side Booker is an average athlete at best, short arms, not a good rebounder, and is being drafted mainly for his shooting. I have no doubt that Dekker's shooting which has been respectable would improve on our team. Dekker's game is more translatable to the pros.

My only problem with Dekker is that he didn't turn it on until the tourney.  He was a bit of a disappointment all year.  I think he'd be good on backcuts and stuff that DMC does but he's not the shooter that Booker will be.  Booker hasn't finished growing but you're right, he has short arms and is not a good rebounder.  However, I believe that he fits in right behind Korver.

You didn't even try to research this did you?

What is there to research? Carroll and Millsap are gonna get paid. The rest of the starting five is signed. There is no way the Hawks are going to bring back their starters and manage to sign one of the players listed in the OP.

Looking at next year's salaries for the Hawks there should be no reason not to be able to sign Milsap ,Carroll and a free agent like Wes Mathews for shooting guard. The cap is supposed to go up to 89 million for next year. Add in the first rounder probably Deckker for depth and the Hawks should be set. 

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

Nope, the cap is supposed to be around $67.1 million next year.  http://www.blazersedge.com/2015/4/17/8447785/nba-salary-cap-projections-2015-2016-2017-2018-luxury-tax

After resigning Sap for around $17m per year, and DMC for around $8 to 10m per year, Antić for a slight raise, and bring Tavares over from Spain, we'll probably have enough for a mid-level free agent to bolster the roster. We can't afford any of these wishful-thinking free agents listed in this thread; not unless we lose one or both of Millsap or Carroll. And that would really really suck.

• Like 1

Thanks for the correction Randomfan. So you can go over the cap if you sign your own players. Cleveland and the Nets are two teams over the cap now  but must pay a luxury tax from my understanding. Doing some creative accounting I think the Hawks probably offer Millsap near the max or max, Carroll about 10 million and a mid level player at shooting guard to pair with Korver. I think it can be done plus add in the rookie drafted player I would be satisfied with that.