• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 2 (8 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

Demarre has earned himself a huge contract this playoffs, I want him back but im alittle worried about the crazy offers he will get.

I am extremely upset with teague. We were battling to avoid going down 0-2 and it looked like he completely packed it in. It wasnt just his timidness on offense, he gave ZERO effort on defense and was getting cooked by ramon sessions.

We've had some rough games after rest this season, but I think it's a necessity now. They need to heal up and reset mentally. Happy to get the win and to at least pull away a bit at the end. 

Horford seemed to be in a weird mood tonight. He was acting kinda goofy. 

Demarre has earned himself a huge contract this playoffs, I want him back but im alittle worried about the crazy offers he will get.

I am extremely upset with teague. We were battling to avoid going down 0-2 and it looked like he completely packed it in. It wasnt just his timidness on offense, he gave ZERO effort on defense and was getting cooked by ramon sessions.

DMC is pulling a Carlos Beltran. Absolutely killing it. It's a shame it could mean the end of him as a Hawk, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Very glad we won tonight. I hate that real life for the past month plus has been too busy for me to post as much as I would like. Team is doing just fine with my minimal posting so maybe I should stay mostly quiet? :p

• Like 1

Very glad we won tonight. I hate that real life for the past month plus has been too busy for me to post as much as I would like. Team is doing just fine with my minimal posting so maybe I should stay mostly quiet? blum3.gif

No wonder we're so stagnant! Speak up Dammit! 

laugh1.gif  I kid, I kid!

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

Im not worried about getting DMC back….mainly because of new management and Coach Bud/Ferry 

If this team was still being ran by the ASG I think DMC would be gone but I know the hawks are going to make it a priority to sign him back just as much as Millsap. And for the record Im not mad about the money I think he will get….the dude hustles, plays great defense, cuts aggressively to the goal, knock down the the 3ball, takes on the other teams best perimeter player nearly every night defensively and now in the playoffs he has been the hawks most consistent scorer, highest scorer, put the team on his back at times in the playoffs, all while still playing awesome defense!

Naw im not worried about the hawks getting DMC back he's clearly starters talent and he can bring it in the playoffs. There will probably be more post about how much we pay him rather than worrying about him leaving.

Im not worried about getting DMC back….mainly because of new management and Coach Bud/Ferry 

If this team was still being ran by the ASG I think DMC would be gone but I know the hawks are going to make it a priority to sign him back just as much as Millsap. And for the record Im not mad about the money I think he will get….the dude hustles, plays great defense, cuts aggressively to the goal, knock down the the 3ball, takes on the other teams best perimeter player nearly every night defensively and now in the playoffs he has been the hawks most consistent scorer, highest scorer, put the team on his back at times in the playoffs, all while still playing awesome defense!

Naw im not worried about the hawks getting DMC back he's clearly starters talent and he can bring it in the playoffs. There will probably be more post about how much we pay him rather than worrying about him leaving.

I'm not sure what a max contract for Carroll looks like but at this rate, ATL may have a homegrown superstar in Carroll.

It's crazy how much his offense improved after spending one summer on improving his 3 point shot. I can only imagine how much better he'll be next season where he could possibly become more of a focus of the offense like how Kawhi Leonard is for the Spurs if the Hawks were to resign him. 

Horford at press conference about the defensive effort in the 4th

- had a lot to do with Dennis. He challenged the team before the fourth

- good to have lots of leaders on this team

- they followed him

Only thing I could say is: WOW

I had not even dreamed about hearing stuff like this within the 1st three years of Dennis NBA career from an All-Star

Link with Bud / JYD and Bawse on press conference

Edited by rd79
  • Like 2

• Moderators

During the offensive suckfest that was Pero Antić last postseason, he was 3-for-25 on threes against the Pacers. In these playoffs, he's up to 43.5 3FG% (10-for-23) and has connected on at least one three in each of the games where he appeared for more than ten minutes (i.e., all but one). Even the Jumpfakes of Doom look sensible.

The Hawks are 9-4 this season (reg-season plus playoffs) when Pero hits two threes. It feels like 13-0.

Other goodies: Pero's 14-for-16 on FTs so far. And while he had two awful passes in Brooklyn during Game 4, those are all the turnovers he's had in eight games.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 2

Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug.

Jeff Teague has a sore ankle where he turned it - again.  That is why he's playing how he is.

Hopefully, the rest we have will help him.

Korver MUST hit those three point shots if we are to win.  He missed a lot early in the game

but he came back late.  Note:  Paul Pierce hit 5 for 15 points.  That kept it close.

Those talking heads said, "The star, John Walls, was out, therefore Atlanta won."  Wonder

how that made the rest of the Washington players feel??

Moose got in the game and we won.  Don't know what that proves except that his being there

didn't mean we automatically lost.  Blazemore and Pedro came through for the Hawks.

Well, Hawks didn't get swept in four as some was expecting.  On the road again where Atlanta

has a better record than some.  Hit those free throws and those two foot shots, play some

great defense, keep moving on offense and be aggressive and we win!

GO TEAM ATL !

fan_1.gifwild.gif

• Like 3

Our most consistent player throughout the playoffs has been the non-Allstar DMC. Thank God for him. It seems he's the only one who realizes the playoffs are going on and it's time to be better than in the regular season. He has the toughest assignments defensively every game and is still balling on offensive. C'mon the rest of you Allstars pick up your games.

Honorable mention to Pero. He has been our most consistent bench player.

Dennis and Bazemore gave us quality minutes.

STOP MISSING LAYUPS - USE THE GLASS!!!!!

• Premium Member

Good 4th period... But the team needs to start making their layups and other various easy shots.

Oh, and Teague needs to stop sucking. What has gone wrong with him the last 2 or 3 months?

Teague is clearly hurt. He doesn't have any of the zip we're used to seeing. If this wasn't the playoffs there's no doubt they would have him out for several games.

To piggyback off GM's post, I think Teague's not effective due to the ankle. When you've turned your ankle a few times in a few games you're naturally going to be hesitant to drive the ball to the hole as aggressively. Having had this problem as well, it tends to make you gunshy and it's frustrating as heck because you're thinking it's gonna turn again any second. Hope he rests it and becomes the Teague we all love once again.

Nothing much to add. Junk and Pero have been our muscle and heart.

It won't be long before everyone puts it all together. Hopefully we can squeak past Washington before it happens because all cylinders need to be clicking if we make the Confernce Finals.

And yeah, Beal is better than I thought too and I called the big game by Sessions. Love how we got Gortat in foul trouble and made them go to Nene: he doesn't even look like he wants to play anymore.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1