• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague - In case you can't tell ......

diamond_dave

Before anyone starts to go off on Teague for not showing up this post season, I want to make sure everyone understands.

He is playing hurt. His ankle is giving him much more trouble than anyone is letting on. He can cut and push off with it at all. His quickness has been greatly effected as well on the defensive end. you can see that his lateral movement has deteriorated to the point that it's hard for him to stay in front of his man.

I admire how he's going about his business. you don't hear him whining about his ankle. He's just going out there and doing the best he can to lead this team. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to get any better until after his season is over.

This match up with the Wizards is much better for Dennis because they don't have a shot blocker like Lopez protecting the rim. Dennis has struggled against teams like this all season. I expect that Dennis will get more burn due to Jeff's injury.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Before anyone starts to go off on Teague for not showing up this post season, I want to make sure everyone understands.

He is playing hurt. His ankle is giving him much more trouble than anyone is letting on. He can cut and push off with it at all. His quickness has been greatly effected as well on the defensive end. you can see that his lateral movement has deteriorated to the point that it's hard for him to stay in front of his man.

I admire how he's going about his business. you don't hear him whining about his ankle. He's just going out there and doing the best he can to lead this team. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to get any better until after his season is over.

This match up with the Wizards is much better for Dennis because they don't have a shot blocker like Lopez protecting the rim. Dennis has struggled against teams like this all season. I expect that Dennis will get more burn due to Jeff's injury.

I'm hoping the time off and medication and rehab will do his ankle some good.  We need him to be on for the next few series.

• Like 1

Yeah he isn't getting by his man as he normally would so I'll give him slack there.  That's no excuse though for the amount of missed layups he's had when he has actually gotten to the rim uncontested.  That's all I ask, make the easy ones!

• Moderators

If that's the case, then Schröder should be starting and Teague should be coming off the bench. I understand that this is the playoffs, but this is suppose to be a good reason to have two starting quality point guards...

My cousin went to the game last night and said that before a lot of people even showed up, he saw Teague limping around during warm ups. Pretty cool that he hasn't brought it up to the media yet. as an excuse.

• Like 2

Just like Tony Parker,he was having Achilles problem but he didn't use it as an excuse. He still tried to help his team in the playoffs vs the clippers even he kept falling and tripping easily on the floor so many times.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

Exactly. Its do or die time. I wish we were 100% but that aint the case. We cant be sitting here all summer talking bout " Man if we would of just been healthy, oh well lets get em next year". Naw, the time is now. When your body fails you then you play with your heart. The reason had the best record in the East isnt because of layups and jumpshots and this person vs that person, its because every guy on this roster believes in each other but is also a competitor. We compete from start to finish, thats the Atlanta Hawks way. Its time to get it back, no more sleep walking its time to wake up!

• Like 4

• Moderators

My cousin went to the game last night and said that before a lot of people even showed up, he saw Teague limping around during warm ups. Pretty cool that he hasn't brought it up to the media yet. as an excuse.

I think Teague's toughness is way underrated.   But Teague might have brought it up if there was any media covering the Hawks. 

• Moderators

Jeff Teague has had some interesting stat lines during these 2015 NBA playoffs.

Another case in point was the Hawks point guard’s near triple-double in a Game 2 win over the Wizards Tuesday night. Teague had nine points (3 of 12), eights assists and seven rebounds.

Despite the Hawks’ 106-90 victory, Teague said he was not pleased with his individual performance.

050615-hawks-main-CC18.jpgCurtis Compton
Hawks guard Jeff Teague defends against Wizards guard Ramon Sessions in a basketball game during the Eastern Conference Semifinals Game 2 on Tuesday, May 5, 2015, in Atlanta. The Hawks beat the Wizards 106-90 to even the series 1-1. Curtis Compton / ccompton@ajc.com

“I’m not helping the cause but we still have to play together as a group,” Teague said after the game.

Teague, don’t forget, had a zero-point, 13 assist game in the Hawks’ series clinching Game 6 of the Nets. At the time, Kyle Korver called it one of the best games Teague has played despite not scoring.

Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer was not concerned with Teague’s play following Tuesday’s game.

“It’s an interesting stat line for him,” Budenholzer said. “To get seven rebounds for him, is huge. For him to get five defensive (rebounds), if we can get our guards back in there and rebouding and committed to that, that’s important. I thought his floor game, when he came back in at the nine or 10 minute mark of the fourth quarter, I thought he made all the right reads, all the right decisions. Sometimes, Jeff is scoring. Lots of times Jeff is reading the game and facililtating. I thought nine, eight and seven, there are a lot of positives to get that.”

In the Hawks’ eight playoff games, Teague is averaging 13.1 points, 7.8 assists and rebounds.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/teague-wants-to-do-more-for-hawks/nk9kC/

• Like 1