• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just realized something...

Wretch

Pick your poison in the Finals.  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

Assuming we beat Cleveland of course, otherwise this is a no-brainer.  But with the Clippers losing, who do we root for in the West?  

If Houston wins, then we have home court.  However, that gives Dwight and Josh a shot at a ring. I can't imagine anyone on this site being happy to see that.

However, if Golden State wins they'll have home court over us, but at least we'd get to see Dwight and Josh Smith sent home.

What say ye, Squawk?  Who would you rather us face should we make the Finals?

*updated the poll - probably best to write in your own reasons for wanting to see either opponent!

Edited by Wretch

• Premium Member

Thought about that too.  What if we lose though?  If we lost, I'd rather it be to Golden State.  Can you imagine seeing Dwight and Josh celebrate?  And what if they were doing on our homecourt in Atlanta....

Man, I don't think I could ever watch basketball again. lol

• Like 2

Good one. The idea of watching Osh and Dwight get a ring on our court while trashing our town (to the delight of the national folks) would be a little too much to bear. For that reason alone, I'd rather see the Warriors...

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Good one. The idea of watching Osh and Dwight get a ring on our court while trashing our town (to the delight of the national folks) would be a little too much to bear. For that reason alone, I'd rather see the Warriors...

Add to that...our FIRST NBA Finals, and we get stabbed in the back by those two........my God................the horror.

• Like 2

Houston. I don't care about Josh or Dwight. Yeah, it'd be disappointing to lose to them, but I really don't want to have to win a game in GS. Houston has shown to be vulnerable and with home court, I guarantee that the fans would be going nuts watching Dwight and Josh getting beat by the Hawks.

Just imagine if we won the title while beating Dwight and Josh in the process. Icing on the 2014-15 cake.

Tempting...tempting...

• Premium Member

Neither poll answer adequately captures my attitude...

I'd rather face (and beat) GS simply because they're considered the best West team; if we beat Dwight and Josh, I'm sure there would be the writers who will talk about how lucky we were that HOU took down GS for us. Moreover, I can't approach the question from the standpoint of "what if we lose to Dwight and Josh."

Edited by sturt

I'd rather face (and beat) GS simply because they're considered the best West team; if we beat Dwight and Josh, I'm sure there would be the writers who will talk about how lucky we were that HOU took down GS for us.

Whoever we beat it'll be luck.

• Premium Member

Houston. I don't care about Josh or Dwight. Yeah, it'd be disappointing to lose to them, but I really don't want to have to win a game in GS. Houston has shown to be vulnerable and with home court, I guarantee that the fans would be going nuts watching Dwight and Josh getting beat by the Hawks.

Just imagine if we won the title while beating Dwight and Josh in the process. Icing on the 2014-15 cake.

Honestly, I like our chances against both teams.  Golden State is the tougher team to defend, but Houston's front court makes me nervous on both ends...and especially on the glass.  If our shots stop falling, it's going to be tough taking it inside...and I don't want to think about 2nd chance points.  If we were in midseason form, I'd say bring on Houston...as it were, I don't really have a preference as far as matchups.  I think it'll be tough either way.

For me, it really does come down to not wanting to see those two teaming up to win a championship.  

• Premium Member

I said after we beat Houston at Philips, that I wanted to see an Atlanta vs Houston series, because the city and the fan base would be extra jacked up to beat Josh and Dwight.

I agree.  If we were still in mid-season form...I'd be excited about the chance to send Dwight/Josh home.  I think it'd be a great story and great for the city.  If we win.  I think it's the worst possible scenario if we lose.  My dislike for Diva Dwight is one thing, but the way Josh has turn and trashed this club...only to see him win it ALL against us?  Ugh...

Honestly, with the way we've played this post season...I think our chances are about the same against either team.  Though I'd rather not deal with Houston's size, it really does come down to not seeing Dwight or Josh in the Finals at any cost.

• Premium Member

I feel like we'd be respected more for beating GS than Houston 

I agree.  I've long since given up on seeing any respect from the national media (or caring), but personally I'd rather see us beat Golden State too.

Beating GS would put all the doubts to rest and be more of a statement. Beating Smoove/Dwight in Phillips would be glorious. So I'll take either! Just hope Hawks make it there.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Houston all day long. Have Josh, Dwight and Terry come here and try to win a championship. I don't think they could do it. Rockets won because the Clippers played their best 7.5 game stretch ever, got confident and gave up for the last 1.5 games that really mattered.

Plus we would have 4 games at home and I'd rather take our chances with homecourt instead of dealing with GS.