• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Bud is a mediocre Playoff Coach

Bonkers

On 5/23/2015 at 4:09 AM, atlhawks1 said:

I didnt. I kept saying all season they needed balance on offense and a rim protector/rebounder. 

Last year we had Dennis/Teague taking the ball to the basket, Korver shooting 3's at an extremely high percentage, Carroll hitting 3's while also have enough skills to get to the basket every now and then. Then we had Millsap around the rim (with the occasional 3 point shot ) and Al Horford hitting mid range shots.

This year, we have everyone gunning 3's, Korver shooting sub-par, Millsap not making his 3's, Horford taking way too many of them and a SF that can shoot 3's (worse than Carroll) but he has no handles at all.

The offense is suffering because Korver isn't making his 3's, Bazemore is less skilled than Carroll and Horford is taking a lot of three's and not as many mid range shots. 

This offense is becoming one dimensional.  All the players are starting to take the same damn shots. It's predictable and easier for other teams to stop.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 2

This is what happens when management doesn't go out and get better players. Losing DMC causes ripple effects on the team. Management's answer was to get Hardaway who has turned into a bench warmer not to mention losing the draft pick who could have been developed. Hardaway is what he is another dumb move by management. My hope is Schröder gets dealt for a wing player that can start. Draft bpa hopefully a big but as long as the kid can start eventually. The team was as good as it was going to get last year. REMEMBER THIS YOU CAN ALWAYS TELL WHCH TEAMS WANT TO WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS BY THE OFF SEASON MOVES AND WHICH ONES OUR JUST HAPPY MAKING THE PLAYOFFS . Unfortunately the hawks seemed to have owners who just want to make the playoffs and not go very far. They'll take the profit the playoffs give and be happy meanwhile the fan is pissed because the team doesn't advance. Just another year being a Hawks fan. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, thescout5 said:

Correction on my part Hawks did acquire Splitter which I thought was a good move but now it seems like a bad one. I agree no one should be safe on the roster. 

With the exception of 2 1/2 months of crazy play the hawks are only decent team under Bud.

Changes need to be made because this core peaked last year and diminishing results should be expected unless Edy turns into a big time player. I'm not sure that will happen under a coach that wants everyone throwing up 3's.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, thescout5 said:

Correction on my part Hawks did acquire Splitter which I thought was a good move but now it seems like a bad one. I agree no one should be safe on the roster. 

I think Teague, Korver, Millsap and Al are safe but the others no. I believe they can be dealt with the right deal.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

WOOOOMP WOOOOOMP WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMP

Is Coach Bud going to stop the FACT that no one on the wing can stop dribble penetration? There is one thing that needs to happen, and it is he needs to be given a MANDATE to get better wing players or you are FIRED.

On 4/25/2016 at 2:27 PM, macdaddy said:

It's still year one of this ownership group.   No one is safe from being dealt this summer and,  we have some good assets so the potential to improve is there.  

Nah, we're legit contenders according to the FO. Why change such a good thing? This roster has the potential of a 90s Bulls era dynasty. 

/endsarcasm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Is Coach Bud going to stop the FACT that no one on the wing can stop dribble penetration? There is one thing that needs to happen, and it is he needs to be given a MANDATE to get better wing players or you are FIRED.

Wings ain't easy to get. It is going take a lot to get one. We tried to get Middleton but Milwaukee was like naw.

8 hours ago, Flight said:

I don't know how the cavs play so well against us. It's ridiculous, two years in a row they're making us looking like a lottery team

Easy.... they don't respect us. They don't fear us in any form. They know we're soft. They're basically taking shots with practice confidence

• Like 3

Not too long ago it was felt by some the Cavs would implode at some point. Instead they turn it way up on us and shoot lights out. The starters stunk and only so much can be blamed on Bud when they were so awful. Still, his rotation minutes all year have been less effective than they should be. Last night he played Korver a lot less but nothing seemed to matter because the Cavs just buried us.   

• 6 months later...
On Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 11:13 PM, APE said:

We need Schrader, an aggressive one. He lets him do whatever he wants out there, which isn't a good thing at this point in Dennis' career. 

I don't think it will ever be a good thing at any point of his career. LOL. 

2 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

So you really think schröder can do whatever he wants out there and Bud doesn't tell him wich schemes to run?

Well alrighty then. 

So you think Bud tells Schröder to throw the ball away as many times as he can, and bounce layup bricks off the backboard?  Well alrighty then.

vor einer Stunde, Watchman sagte:

So you think Bud tells Schröder to throw the ball away as many times as he can, and bounce layup bricks off the backboard?  Well alrighty then.

Lol I see you won't understand play calls. Sure Bud isn't calling him to turn it over but he sure calls to feed Howard as much as we can in the paint. 

Dennis just isn't used to play with a messed up offense playing center who can't catch a ball below or above his chest and strictly stays in the paint

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

So you really think schröder can do whatever he wants out there and Bud doesn't tell him wich schemes to run?

Well alrighty then. 

3 hours ago, Watchman said:

1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

Lol I see you won't understand play calls. Sure Bud isn't calling him to turn it over but he sure calls to feed Howard as much as we can in the paint. 

Dennis just isn't used to play with a messed up offense playing center who can't catch a ball below or above his chest and strictly stays in the paint

popcorn.gif

• Like 1