• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trademark new logo

devilwentdown2GA

Make that ugly green in yellow and I love the new unis.  They look like a mixture of the Pellies and Raptors.

Kind makes you wonder if we'll have lime green alternate uniforms or black. I opt for black.

• Premium Member

I kinda like the home uni concept, but the road one is dreadful. And c'mon, an effing ball on fire? Get serious!

I still wish the big surprise by StevieK will be a revamped 80's pacman uni. 

Edited by BrazilianHawk

I don't mind the lime green as long as it is paired with a good contrasting color (I think with the red it looks horrible). I was always a huge fan of the old school Pistol Pete Jersey. The lime green with an updated Navy would look awesome (Sort of like the Seahawks color scheme). 

nba-131829.jpg?width=535&height=535&qual

We have a ton of old color combos to get creative with, if we want to go the throwback route. I found this awesome timeline, a bit dated but shows what we have had in the past.

Hawks_Unis_Timeline.jpg

• Moderators

bart-scott-300x225.gif

Has anybody mashed-up the Pac-Man unis in red-and-blue? I'd like to see those, although it's possible blue is gone for good after this season, which is fine by me, too.

However the unis and lettering turn out, I hope there's an ATL version that looks good.

~lw3

Just use either the ORIGINAL team logo and colors  of  the Tri-Cities Blackhawks or Milwaukee/St. Louis Hawks as the alternate and be done with it. The Celtics, Lakers, etc. teams with championships, dont go thru all that change. They keep it classic:

stlouishawks-300x284.gif

ape-pettit-b0b-8x10.jpg

beatty0001_20110330160.gif

lou-hudson.jpg

St-Louis-Hawks-Jersey.jpg

Edited by atlhawks1

• Moderators

From the OP link, Creamer's notes about the NBA's "new rules" on logos explain things a bit.

1. "Primary logo must include city name and team name," which explains the off-center addition of ATLANTA HAWKS below the new Pac, and confirms that's the primary.

2. "Primary logo must not be a *direct copy* of a previously used primary team logo," which explains why we simply didn't "go back" to the old Pac. I hope the uni styles aren't held to this same rule.

3. "A basketball must be incorporated into one of the team logos (primary, alternate, etc.)," which explains what the hoop-bowl with the old Atlanta Flame thing is, the NBA mandate for an alternate logo when the primary one no longer has a ball in it.

I do like the new lettering in general. The "A" reminds me of our Downtown Ambassadors' A logo. Due to color-blindness issues, red-and-lime probably won't be the go-to color scheme, aside from the "yeah, right" Xmas Day jerseys that got leaked out.

I like the Hawk-as-phoenix wing thing on the secondary logo, too, as the purely historical tie-in, although I think they could've somehow done it better. I presume it's going to be the 'A' silhouette behind the flame.

~lw3

• Moderators

From the OP link, Creamer's notes about the NBA's "new rules" on logos explain things a bit.

1. "Primary logo must include city name and team name," which explains the off-center addition of ATLANTA HAWKS below the new Pac, and confirms that's the primary.

2. "Primary logo must not be a *direct copy* of a previously used primary team logo," which explains why we simply didn't "go back" to the old Pac. I hope the uni styles aren't held to this same rule.

3. "A basketball must be incorporated into one of the team logos (primary, alternate, etc.)," which explains what the hoop-bowl with the old Atlanta Flame thing is, the NBA mandate for an alternate logo when the primary one no longer has a ball in it.

I do like the new lettering in general. The "A" reminds me of our Downtown Ambassadors' A logo. Due to color-blindness issues, red-and-lime probably won't be the go-to color scheme, aside from the "yeah, right" Xmas Day jerseys that got leaked out.

I like the Hawk-as-phoenix wing thing on the secondary logo, too, as the purely historical tie-in, although I think they could've somehow done it better. I presume it's going to be the 'A' silhouette behind the flame.

~lw3

Some of these rules just seem arbitrary.  I get trying to standardize but not letting you go back to a previous primary makes sense why?

• Like 1