• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DMC preaches it

sturt

Eggzackly. Although injured (Teague/ankle, Korver/nose, DMC/hip, Sap/shoulder, Horf/finger, Sef/leg, Scott/back), Hawks stopped swinging the ball around, and/or going to the hoop when shots weren't falling. It was so obvious I know Bud was telling them, why weren't they listening? You don't stop doing what got ya there. Unless you want to get slaughtered, like they did. You will NOT win a half-court iso series against LaBrawna, so why play into that trap?

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

yea being a significantly more talented team had nothing to do with it.

I wouldn't say significantly more talented....

The Cavs as constructed are a very good defensive team.  Very good.   That's why they were able to beat us, Chicago, and put two on GS.    GS definitely have the Splash brothers and a host of players off the bench, but when you are going against Lebron and the refs, along with a very good defense, I don't think it's a significantly more talented team.   I think you just have a team in GS that decided to play their brand of basketball no matter what... and they tried harder.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Team ball is nice...... but MVP Superstar Stephen Curry made some ridiculous shots. We don't have a player that can takeover games like Curry....

But that's just it. That's the misnomer.

When Curry "takes over" games, only to find those ridiculous shots don't fall... and that's happened as frequently as not... the team is SO reliant on his game that they are at a disadvantage, if not lost.

Team ball is not merely "nice," but it's a matter of how many guys on the floor are legitimate go-to options. One guy simply can't carry a team.

We saw exhibit A last night. CLE had no other person shouldering the load...

And technically, DMC's "team ball" assessment wasn't actually accurate... it wasn't so much the same team ball that we play as it was that Curry happened to get enough support from the others last night, support that Lebron's teammates just didn't supply.

As stated countless times over the course of the season, when you've got multiple weapons, each of whom have legitimately been the "lead" weapon for not just a few but several games, it makes your team pretty difficult to defend and to defeat.

Edited by sturt

man please, if Kyrie wasn't hurt this thing would be 3-2 Cavs and over in 6

It's actually the opposite.  Him getting hurt was a blessing in disguise for CLE.  You can't just look at the results of these games and think, "Well, of course Kyme woulda dropped 25 on top of Brone's 40."  Not that simple.

It's actually the opposite. Him getting hurt was a blessing in disguise for CLE. You can't just look at the results of these games and think, "Well, of course Kyme woulda dropped 25 on top of Brone's 40." Not that simple.

Yep, and I don't think he'd be racking up triple doubles as much either.

Yep, and I don't think he'd be racking up triple doubles as much either.

Think Kyme woulda taken well to just sitting and watching LiBron back his man down Mark Jackson style from halfcourt eating up 23 seconds of clock?  Then come back with effort on D?  Nerp.

Yeah, most knowledgable NBA fans believe they'd be done by now if Kyrie were playing. They would definately score more, meaning the pace is sped up, advantage Warriors. On top of that, any way you slice the numbers across any stretch, they're a worse defensive team with him on the floor. Going forward it would be foolish to depend on his health anyway.

This trend of small "star" scoring/combo guards in the league should be ending soon. It's impossible to win with one in a prominent role and getting big money, namely Rose and Irving. After that you got Jennings, Lilliard, Isaiah Thomas, Bledsoe, and Reggie Jackson types who want near-maxes simply because they average 20. They all lack the vision to facilitate properly while they're too small or concerned with energy to defend either guard position.

Westbrook has it all but needs stern coaching to put it all together. All this makes Steph's maturation as a player that much more miraculous. He doesn't have half the athleticism or strength as many of these guys and has every bit the shoot-first mentality they have. Difference is he uses his great wingspan and vastly superior intelligence to be a very good defender while his shooting is deadly enough to open lanes and space even the most selfish guard would have to pass through and to.

I believe if we have Thabo and Bud allows LeBron to get his one-on-one we defeat the Cavs in 6 and are in the same 2-3 spot as they are versus the Warriors, possibly 1-3. Our depth should've outlasted Cleveland whereas GS's talent talent would edge us.

Edited by benhillboy

no way it is worse if Kyrie was healthy.  Lebron is killing himself out there.  He would would love a having another All-star playing out there to shoulder the burden.  Miss me with that Knowledgeable fan bullshit.   The numbers say otherwise.  

The injuries to Irving and Love have been devastating offensively. The Cavs' offensive rating is a dismal 92.0 in the Finals. But defensively they have been better without two of their three superstars. Tristan Thompson is an improvement over Love at the defensive end, and Dellavedova (while not exactly known as a stopper) is at least as good as Irving when guarding Curry.

Beyond those two, Mozgov has been fantastic. When the Russian center is on the floor the Cavs' defensive rating improves to a ridiculous 95.8 points per 100 possessions.

While LeBron has been magnificent offensively, it's just impossible to be very efficient as a team with the way the Cavs are relying on isolations. Their defense is saving them right now.

What was once an offensive juggernaut that couldn't buy a stop is now a defensive juggernaut that scores only enough to win.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/cavaliers-defense-nba-finals-2015-6#ixzz3d9oV2Xdh

Team ball AND talent is the key with GS. It helps when you have the best back court in the league, a superstar scoring talent, and three starter caliber players(Lee, Iguodala, and Livingston)  coming off the bench.

• Like 3

no way it is worse if Kyrie was healthy.  Lebron is killing himself out there.  He would would love a having another All-star playing out there to shoulder the burden.  Miss me with that Knowledgeable fan bullshit.   The numbers say otherwise.  

Cleveland would have much better roster flexibility with Love and Irving. They'd be able to have defensive and offensive line ups. Pace wouldn't be an issue because Cleveland would be able to run with Golden State. Scoring wouldn't be a problem either and Lebron would have more minutes to rest.

Once Lebron steps off the court, that squad looks like a lottery team. Having those two would help tremendously.

Cleveland has made some nice games but I think they lack right now the same as us: a plan B

Obviously, they would be much better with Kyrie and Love, not to mention Varejao.