• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If you had to guess, will Bud and Wes be more cautious or aggressive in their first at bat?

HawkItus

• Premium Member

No matter what happens We will give it our seal of approval.  Bud already has a lifetime "Do No Wrong" pass.  He's our Coach Pop without the titles.

Also the owners may push for a splash so it may not matter.   My guess is that they go for a safe solid pick.  Someone who is low chances of becoming a bust, but isn't a roofless potential guy either.  What do do you think?

They seems like they are going for potential and the fit. 

Short List: 

Oubre

Booker

Looney

Hollis-Jefferson

It's unlikely we are drafting an underclassman. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators

No matter what happens We will give it our seal of approval.  Bud already has a lifetime "Do No Wrong" pass.  He's our Coach Pop without the titles.

I wouldn't count on that!

• Premium Member

Short List: 

Oubre

Booker

Looney

Hollis-Jefferson

Is this the real shortlist?

I can imagine Hunter, Dekker, Porter, and Kaminski on that list as well.

• Premium Member

I agree most likely conservative.  But, man I would love bold.  When is the last bold move the Hawks have made?

Trading for Deke!!!

No trading for Shareef!!

No trading for Joe!!!

Or picking Marvin ahead of Chirs Paul????!?

This is technically their second year in charge as Ferry was out most of the year this past season. But to address the question, I think they play it conservative and build strong assets while holding on to our players (Paul and Demarre)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short List: 

Oubre

Booker

Looney

Hollis-Jefferson

Yet every single player you just put on your "short list" is an underclassmen...

I'm going to lean conservative as well. There are issues to deal with but still a 60-win team that went to the ECFs for the first time in its history. I wouldn't mind at all an upgrade (see Gasol, LMA) but in reality, well...

• Moderators

We like our core

Literally lol'd at this. But I agree, I think Buddy will want to stand pat and the biggest thing will be Tavares coming over. Hate it cause we have the money to get better, but Buddy likes his guys. Wesley Matthews or Danny Green at the 2 and move KK to the bench would be awesome.

My guess (and actually) what I'm hoping for is conservative with a twist.

Re-sign the whole effective core.  That gives us 2 PGs (Jeff/Dennis), 2 SGs (Kyle/Baze), 2 SFs (DMC/Thabo)...then draft the best available big (probably a PF) from a real college who should be able to add to our depth inside immediately - then use the 2nd round picks on Euros and stash-em.

Then keep an eye out for a cheap F/A if there is any money left. 

Main thing is its draft day!  The one night a year you can believe all the hype if only for a few hours, and imagine we pick up that player with unlimited upside who is going to put us over the top!!!  Hopefully we won't be left disappointed or angry.  (But I always remember the night at the Pacer's draft party when the boo'd picking Reggie Miller over Steve Alford.)

Edited by Randy